How much will your total disney trip cost?

Haven't really thought about it but I think I have done pretty well. Family consists of 2 adults, 1 pay child (4 year old) and 1 free child (turns 3 years old 3 months after trip).Total trip will be 7 nights.

$970 - Bay Lake Tower standard studio (DVC points rental)
6 nights
$0 - Downtown Disney Hilton 1st night (using CC points)
$624 - Dining Plan
$860 - 6 day Park Hopper
$300 - Fuel and meals for drive down and back (9-10 hr. drive 1 way)
$0 - spending money (using Disney Rewards $ - we have built up quite a bit)
$300 - cash & other expenses

Total = under $3100

I don't understand how you can NOT figure in your DVC costs. It is solely for vacation purposes and it expires after a certain number of years. To me that is just denial. Again as pointed out above, Not sure what days in June you are going but I am guessing mid- june what the heck.

So I took Savanna View 2 bedroom 6/15-6/25 - you need 533 points. Take 533 * 5 which is 2665 + at least 500 for the intial investment lost (maybe more). I would say the accomodation are costing you at 3100 dollars.

And how do you not figure in APs - you bought them specifically so you could use them again for this trip, that has to be part of the cost.

I would guess your trip is costing at least 6500 dollars. If that is reasonable to you then great :). But don't be in denial about the DVC costs.

I really don't understand why your making such a big deal about how she is pricing out HER family vacation. Let her budget whichever way she chooses. I do the same thing when budgeting and don't believe it's anyone's business but my own. Not trying to butt in this conversation, but you really should keep your "honest opionions" to yourself. I don't think she asked for it. Your one of the reasons people are so scared to post anything on this site because they are scared they may get jumped on by another reader! There is a nice way of going about what you did and you took it in the totally opposite direction whether you wanted to or not!

I really don't understand why your making such a big deal about how she is pricing out HER family vacation. Let her budget whichever way she chooses. I do the same thing when budgeting and don't believe it's anyone's business but my own. Not trying to butt in this conversation, but you really should keep your "honest opionions" to yourself. I don't think she asked for it. Your one of the reasons people are so scared to post anything on this site because they are scared they may get jumped on by another reader! There is a nice way of going about what you did and you took it in the totally opposite direction whether you wanted to or not!

Ummm.....the title and content of this thread is..."How much will your total Disney trip cost?" While budgeting may be a personal matter, if you don't want to discuss it, that is of course your right. But by posting on this thread, one waives one's right to claim that the topic is off limits. If you don't want to discuss your finances, that is fine. Then don't post. But if one does post to this thread, is it too much to ask for a bit of honesty? Anyone can come on to this thread and state: "I funded my entire trip out of my "Miscellaneous Expense" household expense budget and none of it from my "Vacation Expense" budget, so my trip was free!" But what is the point in that? It doesn't answer the question posed at the top of the page. As a Steelers fan, it is hard for me to back up a Ravens fan. But the point made is a fair one.

Ummm.....the title and content of this thread is..."How much will your total Disney trip cost?" While budgeting may be a personal matter, if you don't want to discuss it, that is of course your right. But by posting on this thread, one waives one's right to claim that the topic is off limits. If you don't want to discuss your finances, that is fine. Then don't post. But if one does post to this thread, is it too much to ask for a bit of honesty? Anyone can come on to this thread and state: "I funded my entire trip out of my "Miscellaneous Expense" household expense budget and none of it from my "Vacation Expense" budget, so my trip was free!" But what is the point in that? It doesn't answer the question posed at the top of the page. As a Steelers fan, it is hard for me to back up a Ravens fan. But the point made is a fair one.

All I'm saying is he/she stated what they were "spending" on this specific trip. Tickets were already paid for from last trip. I just hate to see people jump on someone for posting their excitement! Usually if I disagree with what someone says I just keep reading. I don't post just to start an fight and to me that is what was done here.

Let's get back to topic! No one wants to read 3 pages of arguing. Take it somewhere else. Thanks.

If you can do 7 days of hoppers and spend less than 400 dollars in food and souveniers - I am impressed. I am assuming you are going to be eating at your hotel or fast food most of the time? And not too many souveniers either?

Have fun!

I don't know about the poster you quoted, but DH and I could easily do $400 for food and souvenirs. First, we really don't buy a lot of souvenirs. I usually buy a coffee mug, and DH will buy something around the same price. I'd much prefer taking pictures. I guess you can figure in the shipping it cost after getting a coupon code for free 150 pictures free from shutterfly....

As for food, we eat breakfast at the campsite or on the way to the bus stop. Figure a couple of dollars for pop tarts and $5 for a case of water, which is refillable at the park. Add in a couple dollars more for flavor packets.

When we're out and about at the parks, we don't tend to eat a lot, and while it doesn't happen every day, we have been known to skip lunch. We just don't get that hungry - especially if it's hot out. When we do eat, we can easily split a meal. Besides, whether you're in WDW or at home, you have to eat. Our weekly grocery expenses at home are $0 when we're on vacation. That $100 can easily be reallocated to groceries (or eating out) at WDW. If we have to eat anyway, it's not an added expense.

Staying 7 nights at BWV (1 night studio perferred view and 6 nights 1BR standard view) for F&W.....

Best Estimate of cost of lodging (taking total purchase price of DVC/(pts per year x years on contract and this answer add to maintence fees of pts used):
$1060 and change

1/2 cost of tickets (as they are DVC APs we used on another trip): 0. As we used our rewards to buy them. And the rewards came from necessary purchases such as food, day care, etc. on a card we pay the balance off each and every month for those who want to critique how we spend our money.

Gas to and back: ~450
Nights stayed to and back (1 night each way): ~220
Meals: ~600-700. Eat breakfast in the villa and sometimes a 2nd meal
Souvenirs: 100
Misc over the course of the week, just an estimate: 300

So total 2,800, we'll just say 3,000 in case I'm underestimating.

Our next trip will cost $1500 in airfare for all five of us.
No charge for 2BR in SSR (my parents traded into from RCI).
We will have to buy 1 10 day no expiration PH WaterParks and More for my youngest which is somewhere around $550 I think.
The rest of us have remaining time on our existing tickets (which we have used for the past 4 trips!!)

We are renting a car only b/c we are going to the beach - $250.

Then there is the cost of food - we will be getting our own groceries and most likely eating out at night. We are DVC members so there is a discount, but it will still likely be around $100/night since we normally pay for my parents - we will be eating mostly in DDD.

So I guess the total is somewhere around $3000.

Also, I am buying the Sams giftcards when I can - I will probably get around 10 of them. I know you can't use the 'bonus' card at Disney, but I can get stuff from the Disney store so that's nice. Plus I get the points on my Discover and they are a couple dollars less than $100.

~$2750 for 10 nights at CSR around labor day.
Includes free dining and 10 day base tix for 2 adults and 1 10yo.
Flights are on points.

September Trip:
15 days- 5 aboard the Disney Dream

Cruise fare: $1100
Transportation- $600 (gas R/T from Michigan)
Lodging: Studio @ AKL (rented points) $980
Tickets (1/2 of AP) $488
Dining: $800
Souvenirs: $300

Total: $4300

A little over $6k for a family of 6 for 7 nights. That is including flights, dining, passes, everything.

This is for me and my husband's honeymoon coming in May 14- May 29
4 nights on the Disney Dream with Balcony (1,749.76)
Excursions for cruise (514.00)
1 night stay pre cruise at a hilton (162.00)
10 day car rental (134.16)
2 days at Royal Pacific Universal (369.00)
1 Annual pass @ Universal (247.09)
1 Universal 3 day pass (87.00) got a great deal from discover america
6 days at OKW- Free thanks to my parents giving us points as a wedding gift
6 days DxDDP - (947.88)
1 Disney ticket 10 day hopper (319.96)
2 days BWI used annual pass discount (533.00)
Tours/Fishing (428.98)
Airfare ($440.00)
Tips/Misc expenses (1,000.00) Dont plan on using all of it
I have an annual pass from my 6/10 trip
Total comes to $7,028.56
That is a very scary number haha

Since we cannot do the around the world trip, we will be ending our european trip in WDW so from April 20th to 25th, total is about:

$1400 for waterview room at BWI $1750 for standard view at BW
$600 for Park Hoppers $609.40 for Park Hops
$800 for f&b and gifts $1000+ for food and gifts

Ending my vacation to Rome Italy for my bday, my anniversary, and my DH's bday in the first place we ever took a vacation together- PRICELESS!!!

(And yes single ladies- he has a brother!;) )

Please see true pricing up above for the trip...just got the credit card bill-UGH!

And this was the trip from H. E. double L- if it could go wrong, it did.

This is for me and my husband's honeymoon coming in May 14- May 29
4 nights on the Disney Dream with Balcony (1,749.76)
Excursions for cruise (514.00)
1 night stay pre cruise at a hilton (162.00)
10 day car rental (134.16)
2 days at Royal Pacific Universal (369.00)
1 Annual pass @ Universal (247.09)
1 Universal 3 day pass (87.00) got a great deal from discover america
6 days at OKW- Free thanks to my parents giving us points as a wedding gift
6 days DxDDP - (947.88)
1 Disney ticket 10 day hopper (319.96)
2 days BWI used annual pass discount (533.00)
Tours/Fishing (428.98)
Airfare ($440.00)
Tips/Misc expenses (1,000.00) Dont plan on using all of it
I have an annual pass from my 6/10 trip
Total comes to $7,028.56
That is a very scary number haha

If you don't mind me asking, where did you rent your car from for the 10 day rental? Also what size car did you get and did you use any coupon codes? TIA.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon! :)

I'm not in denial about my DVC costs. I consider it to be a household expense that comes out of my household budget. It falls into our entertainment category and we are quite happy with how we categorize it. Others spend their entertainment funds on season tickets for pro teams or golf or many other things. We choose to spend a portion of ours on Disney. I couldn't care less if others agree with it or not. I don't really figure in the cost of the AP's for this trip because they were paid for and included in our Nov 2010 budget. I count it as part of the budget when it is actually paid for not when it is used.

And if you must know my point cost was 484 not 533.

The questions was - how much will your total Disney trip cost. For us the money that I will pay out during this trip will be in the neighborhood of $2,375 as I originally posted. That is what I look at being our total cost for this trip. For those looking to price a vacation, I'm sure that they would take into account accomodations as a line item in their budget. We have the luxury of not having that expense when it comes to preparing our budget.

Don't sweat it. I totally understand where you are coming from. I have an Accounting background and I categorize my expenses differently.

Some people operate on the Cash Basis when it comes to their expenses. Whenever they spend the money for something they count it as a total expense when they spend it (ie-If I took a trip in November and bought an annual pass for $250, I would add that $250.00 to the cost of my November trip. If I took another trip in June, I would not count that cost of the annual pass towards that trip because I already counted the entire cost in November, when I actually bought it.

Some people operate on the Accrual Basis when it comes to thier expenses. They don't count money spent as an expense until they actually use the item or service (ie- If I took a trip in November and bought an annual pass for $250. I would only count the portion of the pass that I am using in November as an expense. If I took another tirp in June I would count another portion of the anuual pass as an expense for June.

The same can be said for the DVC. It all depends on if you operate on the Cash Basis or the Accrual basis with your budgeting. Neither is wrong. It depends on what the INDIVIDUAL wants to do. Most of the time the person who operates on the Accural Basis cannot wrap their heads around someone operating on the Cash Basis, and vice versa. It seems that is what is happening here.

$2380. for 8 nights preferred at POP. 7 day park pass with water added and FREE DINING. Figuring about $600 for round trip gas from MN. so- $2980
2 adults and 2 17 year olds.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you rent your car from for the 10 day rental? Also what size car did you get and did you use any coupon codes? TIA.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon! :)

I got a compact through Alamo. I signed up for their alamo insiders. I got $40.00 off and then I used my annual pass discount which is about 20% off. In the past 2 weeks the price has gone down a lot. I wound up saving $116.00 from when I originally booked the car. My advice is to check the rates daily. They change all the time!

I'm not sure if I want to know.

$1200 Tickets
$1500 2(A) 1(C) AP's
$500 Food
$500 Merchandise
$1500 Cruise
AKL Paid For
$150 Hyatt
$100 Excursion

$5450 +

So worth it. Going in another 11 months as will go for two weeks. AP's will be paid for. DVC is paid for. Will only cost us food, travel, and merch. We have bought so much merch in the past we dont seem to spend as much now.

There are 5 of us (2 adults, 2 Disney adults, 1 child):

1 Night POR $168
9 Nights Beach Club with 10 Day Park Hoppers and DDP: $6345
Gas on the way down: $300
Tips for meals: $300
Souveniers: $500

Grand Total: $7615

Yikes! That's twice the cost of any other trip, but it's a celebration for dh and I becoming National Board Certified Teachers.

There are 5 of us (2 adults, 2 Disney adults, 1 child):

1 Night POR $168
9 Nights Beach Club with 10 Day Park Hoppers and DDP: $6345
Gas on the way down: $300
Tips for meals: $300
Souveniers: $500

Grand Total: $7615

Yikes! That's twice the cost of any other trip, but it's a celebration for dh and I becoming National Board Certified Teachers.

That's a hard thing to do. Good for you!

Enjoy the trip!

My best friend that I'm going with works for Disney, so we're getting a pretty amazing discount. Before our deluxe dining plan and tickets are put on, our total is 1407 for 7 nights at the Poly. We're probably looking at around 2200-2500 for the total ddp and tickets (she gets discounts on those too apparently). Airfare is 638 for the two of us flying Virgin America, so probably around 3000 for the two of us to go the week before Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter