• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much water do you really drink in a day?

hulagirl87

DIS Veteran
I try to drink a fair amount of water in a day, but yesterday I read something that women should be drinking 11 glasses of water a day. what? When I looked it up on another site, it said 4 to 6 glasses. My mom barely drinks any water at all, maybe 1 glass a day. DH drinks through 2 hydroflasks full. Just curious!

I buy water by the case
(Local water where I am is yuk to me)

on the average I drink 5 bottles a day

I’d say 100+ ounces if including unsweetened iced tea. I have a bit of an ice addiction so I always have a glass of water or iced tea besides me.

I drink about 1L of water every night. I freeze a water bottle and drink it throughout the night as it melts. I also drink a fair amount of milk, which I believe counts as drinking water as well.

We have very good water in our town, so I fill up from the bathroom sink and always have a 24 ounce cup next to me here. After I have my morning coffee I drink water for the rest of the day and have it with my dinner. I'm guessing I drink around three 24 ounce cups a day, which seems to be enough for me.

I bring a big hydrojug to work and drink it all... It is 73oz I believe. Before I got that, I had a fitness water bottle that was 64oz that I would drink throughout the day

All I drink is water. I hate coffee and I don’t drink milk or pop either. Occasionally I’ll drink a small glass of juice or have decaf green tea. I probably drink about 5-6 glasses a day.

I drink a lot of water, but all these "you should drink x oz per day" articles are bunk. Your body will tell you how much you need to drink. In the absence of certain diseases or illness, drink enough to quench your thirst and ALL liquids count towards that. Yes, even caffeinated beverages.

I barely drink any plain water. I do drink a whole lot of tea (hot or iced, slightly sweetened or unsweetened). When I work from home I go through an 80oz teapot before the workday is done.

I don't drink soft drinks but do drink coffee and the occasional cup of tea so the only other liquid I drink is water. I don't drink as much as recommended but I do drink what my body demands (I go the color of pee rule, if it's clear your good). Some days I only drink my morning cup of coffee then sip on a 12 oz. glass of water the rest of the day. Hubby fusses at me if I don't finish that so most days I do. Some days I drink two cups of coffee and two glasses of water. If I'm working out, I always drink an eight oz glass of water during/after.

On a work day, I typically drink about 24 oz. of coffee and 40 oz. of water. On the weekend, I might have an iced tea also. I rarely drink pop.

I try to drink a fair amount of water in a day, but yesterday I read something that women should be drinking 11 glasses of water a day. what? When I looked it up on another site, it said 4 to 6 glasses. My mom barely drinks any water at all, maybe 1 glass a day. DH drinks through 2 hydroflasks full. Just curious!

I drink about 72oz of water/ice a day. Some days it's more, others less (and I can tell the difference...oiy, I feel yucky if I don't drink enough). I have either a 16oz cup of coffee or tea or one caffinated soda a day; I have to have just a bit of caffiene or the headache kicks in. Occasionally, I'll have Starbucks (which means a bigger than usual drink) or when we go out for breakfast, I'll usually have 2-3 smaller cups.

Lord only knows. When I have blood work done, they say I am dehydrated. When my Doctor looks at the results, he says I'm drinking too much water because I am flushing out too much potassium

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter