how much was your custom wedding?

143disney

Getting married October 26,2007
I have 75 ppl comming to my wedding and i was wondering how much was everyones wedding and what did it include? Im getting married in Oct at the wp at 5pm and having my reception at the boardwalk at 7pm and I dont want to go over 20,000. anyne have any good tips.

Hi, I am having about 75 people at my custom wedding too. Our BEO is for about $18k now. However, we are using outside photography (Randy Chapman :goodvibes ), we are not having Mickey and Minnie, we are not having the MK photo shoot, we are not having a dessert party, and we are not having videography. Those are the things we decided we could live without b/c $ for all that adds up quickly. We're making our own centerpieces, place cards, and favors. Also, we are having an existing beverage toast instead of paying for everyone to have champagne.

Good luck :wizard: I am sure everyone else will have great tips!

Hi, I am having about 75 people at my custom wedding too. Our BEO is for about $18k now. However, we are using outside photography (Randy Chapman :goodvibes ), we are not having Mickey and Minnie, we are not having the MK photo shoot, we are not having a dessert party, and we are not having videography. Those are the things we decided we could live without b/c $ for all that adds up quickly. We're making our own centerpieces, place cards, and favors. Also, we are having an existing beverage toast instead of paying for everyone to have champagne.

Good luck :wizard: I am sure everyone else will have great tips!

Can I ask what you are getting for 18k? Location fees? Floral Costs?

If you don't mind of course, I apologize if I'm intruding.:)

Can I ask what you are getting for 18k? Location fees? Floral Costs?

If you don't mind of course, I apologize if I'm intruding.:)

Location fees, floral, DJ, violinist, A LOT of food, chair covers, flower girl baskets, bubble wands for all, limo transportation, wedding cake, wedding cake floral, groom's cake, set-up fees, transportation fees, etc. Also, the price of the rehearsal dinner is included in that, which is costing about $2k. It would have been much cheaper if we cut out some of the food and the chair covers, but I want there to be a really nice variety of food and the chair covers make Ariel's more elegant IMO.

Hope that helped :)

Mine was in the $23k range which included 35 people with a morning ceremony @ SBP, brunch reception at Ariel's & a EPCOT Lower UK Dessert Party. We used outside floral, outside chair covers, outside videographer, violinist, dj, Minnie & Mickey, we had the mad hatter cake which was $985 alone. I made our favors, invitations, table names, ceremony programs, welcome bags, card basket, my mom made my jr bridesmaid dress, we made my veil.

We had a rehersal dinner at Olive Garden.

Our Welcome Party was at Winterland/Summerland Mini Golf @ Blizzard Beach.

Somethings we did to save was:

1) Had a brunch reception
2) Had a buffet
3) Did bill on consumption for drinks (most people don't drink heavy at a brunch)
4) Had our wedding on a Monday - lower minimum
5) Kept our guest list down

Hope this helps!

kt27- can I ask how much you welcome party at the mini golf was? we are looking at doing something like that but was not sure on the costs?

We ended up around $21k for 33 people not including photography which Randy Chapman did.

We did an afternoon wedding, reception at Living Seas, and then the dessert party afterwards. Cinderella made a visit too but that was a gift from a family member.

Looking back..while the dessert party was certainly not needed. That is the one thing I cherish the most. Absolutely, magical for us and our guests.

kt27- can I ask how much you welcome party at the mini golf was? we are looking at doing something like that but was not sure on the costs?

About $20 a person, I would double check with your EM as I booked it Dec 05 and I am sure prices have increased, if you have more than 40 people you have to do a course buyout which was $1200 then. The price included mini golf, pizza, soda & cake as well as a sectioned off area with picnic tables, balloons & umbrellas.

Hope this helps!

yes thanks, i posted here then read your other post asking the same question and I read your trip post with photos, but thanks for writing it all again

Our wedding was around 17,000, which included:

-Our Fantasmic! dessert party
-Photography through Randy Chapman
-Videography through Stan (STVS)
-our guest list was about 50 people
-location fees, moving fees, etc.
-brunch buffet (delicious!)
-soda & water package
- cake
-musician (flute & violin)
-flowers & decorations (centerpieces, etc)
-Mickey & Minnie!
-bus transportation for our guests
- other misc. stuff

Places I skimped....
-I paid for sodas & water package, but not for any alcohol.. I had a cash bar for those wanting alcohol.. . I knew my guest list well enough to know that 1.) no-one would care all that much 2.) it was afternoon anyway! 3.) I gave them plenty of notice that if they wanted to drink they should bring cash.. If anyone did care, too bad for them if they can't enjoy a beautiful disney wedding and a dessert party without getting drunk on someone else's dime, not my problem!
-no chair covers.. this one was sad for me, but in the end I decided that 800 dollars was much better spent somewhere else!! If I had to choose between chair covers and something like the dessert party or mickey and minnie, i'd choose the dessert party or m&m!! Those are things people will remember, the chair covers might be pretty but who would remember them after the wedding besides the bride!
-I tried to keep floral down to a minimum as well. Luckily the locations I chose were pretty enough on their own that they didn't need much decorating.. the two big floral arrangements I did pay for barely made it in to the pictures and noone noticed them.. in retrospect I could have done away with them and been fine.. I splurged on my bouquet, but kept the bridesmaids bouquets simple, noone notices the bridesmaids bouquets either.. ours were relatievely cheap but still beautiful!!
- I found ways to skimp here and there by creative time management! Such as, I didn't pay for the last hour of the reception for sodas & water, and therefore made sure that we cut the cake earlier in the reception.. this worked out perfectly as people left a little before the time expired.. it was afternoon so most of them wanted to go back to the parks or whatnot... I also didn't pay for the last hour of photography or videography, and as not much happened then, all those decisions turned out to be smart
- I didn't pay for bus transportation to the dessert party, which was on a different day.. I just told everyone to find their way to the entrance to MGM at a certain time.. I figured transportation was already free from their hotel, why tack on another 700 or whatever it was to the price..

Those are the big ones I can think or right now, i'll post more if i think of anything else :)

Places I skimped....
-I paid for sodas & water package, but not for any alcohol.. I had a cash bar for those wanting alcohol.. . I knew my guest list well enough to know that 1.) no-one would care all that much

If you don't mind me asking, around how much does it cost for the soda & water package? I could only find alcoholic packages in the info they sent me.

Thanks!!

Our estimated total is at 18K right now. Ours includes everything Disney for about 56 guests.
-Thurs. evening wedding at WP
-Illuminations reception at French Island EPCOT
-beer wine package
-buffet dinner
-DIsney floral
-Disney photography
-limo transportation
-site fees
-MK photo session
-vintage car
-DJ
-bus transportation for guests

We saved some money by doing most of the gifts and things ourselves. I'm making shirts for DF and I to wear. I've made all of the things in the welcome bags. I'm making our favors. I'm decorating the unity candle. I made the invitations. We're using flowers that are in season. We also opted to use some hydrangeas as sort of fillers so you don't need so many of the other flowers. Since our reception will be outdoors under the stars, I wanted the use of candles as centerpieces with flowers to accent them. We opted for a lighter fare for dinner. we knew that people wouldn't really want a heavy meal so late. Hope this helps!

I'll give you our current breakdown even though I know it's kind of personal information since I know this TOTALLY would have helped me when I was planning. I asked for it a couple times and no one was really open to sharing. Just keep in mind that prices won't ever be exactly the same. As far as I know it's ok to post this. Someone let me know if it's not :) This is straight from our BEO.

Our estimation is for 40 people. We are holding a noon ceremony followed by a 3 hour reception on a Thursday in July.

Ceremony location (WP) $2662.50
MK Photo Shoot $800
All Floral (includes centerpieces for Reception, Ceremony altar stuff, rose petals to throw, sand for sand ceremony, Dessert Party centerpieces, etc...) $1864.76
Floral Delivery Fee $25
Limo $352.00
50 person wedding cake $612.38
White chocolate castle topper $106.50
Soft Drink and Water Package $19.81
39 Person Beer and Wine Package $1146.37
Vendor Meal for Randy Chapman $17.83
Wedding Cake Handling Fee $122.48
40 Person Buffet Lunch $2300.40
40 Person Cheese and Cracker Pre-Reception $460.08
DJ for 3 hours $900
Dessert Party
40 Person Viewing Fee $532.50
Venue Rental $250.00
40 Person Old World Classics In Miniature $1252.44
Outdoor Set Up Fee $79.88

Total= approx. $14,500.00

This does not include:
attire
photography
honeymoon
hotel
rings
attendant gifts
officiant
tips
favors
placecards and holders
guestbook and pen
toasting flutes
welcome bags
program fans
sand ceremony vases

I think that's all. I'll edit this post if I think of anything else :)

SRUalum - Thank you so much for sharing this information! I have a few more weeks until our BEO arrives and have been curious about the costs of things. It's torture having to wait. I'm sure your information will help everyone that is in the beginning stages of planning their DFTW. Thanks again!!

SRUalum - Thank you so much for sharing this information! I have a few more weeks until our BEO arrives and have been curious about the costs of things. It's torture having to wait. I'm sure your information will help everyone that is in the beginning stages of planning their DFTW. Thanks again!!

I second this! Thank you so much -- it is very helpful!!

No problem!! I just thought back to about 5 months ago and how I felt and I wished someone had done this :goodvibes I'm glad it is making you feel better!

No problem!! I just thought back to about 5 months ago and how I felt and I wished someone had done this :goodvibes I'm glad it is making you feel better!

Im so glad i posted this up this has helped alot....Come on girls keep on posting the more info the better...

Does your wedding planner help you cut down prices or do they try to push you to buy unnecessary things...i get my wedding planner next week...im a lil scared because i dont want to go over my budget and on the wish book everything is so expensive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter