• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much to spend on shower/wedding gift?

lajones81

<font color=royalblue>DISneyLVR<br><font color=mag
I am new to the wedding circuit. (First friends getting married! :))

My one friend has a shower coming up in July and the wedding in September.

I am single (no boyfriend) so I would be paying for the gift myself.

How much is typically spent for the wedding shower gift and the wedding gift?

Also, if I see something on the registry and I want to buy it now, can I give one gift at the shower and save the other one for September?

Please help me! :guilty:

It really is up to you. To give you an example... I was just married 3/26/05. My shower was the beginning of February. Some of my single friends who are about my age (25), spent about $50 on my shower gift and gave between $50-$100 cash (check). The ones who spent about $100 were very very close friends.

Hope this helps!

Im sure she will appreciate anything you give her!

Jamie

I try to spend about $50 on shower gifts and $100 on wedding gifts.
But don't overspend... Give what you can afford.

i didn't go to the shower, so i don't know about that, but for my friend's wedding last month i gave about 150$ in gifts from my bf and i. i'm only 22, so it was kind of a shocker to me when my mom said to give that much, but now i know!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! I really appreciate it! :)

I'm kind of in your situation too where I have just hit that age where my friends are starting to get married. My mom always tells me that the gift for the wedding should cover the cost of your plate.

PrincessShea said:
I'm kind of in your situation too where I have just hit that age where my friends are starting to get married. My mom always tells me that the gift for the wedding should cover the cost of your plate.

LOL...that's what my mom always says too!!!

LOL honestly I would just give what you can afford. Spending about $50 would be nice but if it's not in your budget, your friends will understand.

My thought is give a nice shower gift and a smaller cash gift for the wedding. I usually do a laundry basket with items off the registry in it like towels and spatulas and stuff, anywhere between $50-$100 depending on my closeness with the bride then another $25-$50 in the wedding card.
Hope this helps.
Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter