How much time in HS with under 6-year-olds?

bostran1

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

Our trip is in August and I am planning which parks we will be in on which days. We have Park Hopper tickets too. I am assuming that Toy Story Land will be open during our trip too. We will be traveling kids who are 6, 3.5, and 2.5.

We have never been to HS with our kids and am curious if we should spend more than a half day there. We would plan on Fastpasses for Midway Mania as a Tier 1 FP and then hope Slinky is a Tier 2. Not sure what we would for FP #3 but probably ToT.

I’m curious if anyone has been in a similar situation and spends more time at this park. I’m not sure how much the kids will be into all the shows so I’m leaning towards a half day there.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

I wouldn't count on Slinky being Tier 2.

Not sure how many boys or girls, but they may like Disney Jr. stuff, Muppets, possibly Frozen Sing Along

We do one full day there, but my kids have always liked the shows. It really does depend on that. If they just want to do rides, depending on what kind of lines you're looking at in Toy Story Land, it probably could be a half day park. But my kids like to watch the Frozen show, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, and they even like the Muppet show even though they're not Muppet fans. And the Disney Jr stuff has always been a hit when they're younger, so character greetings take a bit of time, too.

Thanks for sharing. The 6 year old and 2.5 year old are boys with the 3.5 year being the only girl. The all love Frozen so that’s a good idea too.

I don't think in August that 1/2 a day will be enough time. No idea what the tiering will look like once TSL opens but I'm pretty sure TSM will remain a Tier 1 as will Slinky Dog and possibly even the other new attraction, at least for a while.

As others have shared Disney Jr, Muppets, Frozen Sing Along and even things like Beauty and the Beast, possibly Little Mermaid will interest them too. There are also the Disney Jr characters at DHS that you won't be able to meet at other parks.

When I took my 3 and 1 year old, we spent a whole day. Between character greets, disney junior live, frozen sing along, toy story mania (he still talks about this ride) stopping for approximately one million snacks,watching the stormtroopers, the day just flew by. Plus we wanted to watch fanstasmic. Mom and Dad also rode rockin rollercoaster and had a nice adult beverage while they napped.

We went in August 2016 with 3 and 7 year old boys. We spent 2 whole days in the park and still didn't get to do everything.

They loved the shows. Spent a lot of time in Launch Bay interacting with characters and Jawas. I would say that was their 2nd favourite park after Epcot.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I think two half days is the way we will go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter