How much time for the breakfast buffet at The Wave?

HollyRB

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the contemporary and I'm considering booking more than one breakfast at The Wave for convenience sake. My thinking is that the buffet will have enough variety to please everyone in our party and would hopefully be quick as we wouldn't be ordering menu entrees. I want everyone to get in a good meal to start the day, but don't want to waste a lot of time. If we all choose the buffet can we eat and get on our way relatively quickly? Similar to the time it would take if we did QS at the Contempo Cafe? What is the minimum amount of time I would need to budget for a buffet breakfast there?

It probably depends on the time of day but we eat there frequently for breakfast and are seated usually within 5 minutes of arriving and as soon as you sit, I suppose you could go to the buffet. We typically wait to order drinks first and let the waiter know who is doing buffet and who is not.

There is never much of a line at the buffet and my husband easily makes a couple of trips before my order arrives (he eats fast...)

I will say that I've found service there to be consistently slow at breakfast but we may have just gotten slower waitstaff for some reason.

Even with slower service and ordering an entree, we are in and out in less than an hour. I have no idea how backed up Contempo gets in the morning; I've only dined there mid-day and it took 10 minutes or so to have our meal ready but there was no one else there.

I would at least give it 45 minutes to an hour. When we went (later in the morning), there was a bit of a line at the buffet itself. They also serve in relatively small quantities, which is great as far as the freshness of the food is concerned, but it means popular items disappear quickly and might not be available on your first pass or you might have to wait for them. They reappear pretty quickly too, I tried everything I wanted to but it took a few trips for everything to be available.

It is really good but we found the breakfast staff to be slow. When we go in December I plan to ask the server for our check as soon as we are seated so that way I will go ahead and settle the check so that we can leave as soon as we finish and walk on to Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter