• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time at Epcot?

MickeyFan!

Earning My Ears
I'm finalizing our trip and considering two itineraries. In one, we visit Epcot on the day of our arrival (would get to the park around 4:00) and again on a day where we would leave early to attend MVMCP. So in this case, we would do two 1/2 days, with a total of 6 FP.

My other option is to use our day-of afternoon to visit MK, and dedicating a full day at Epcot. Rope drop to night show.

What do you think - better to do Epcot as 1 full day, or 2 half days?

Thanks!

I love EPCOT so I would vote for more than 1 day. Its one reason we get Park Hopper because we love to go there at night and just walk around we find it so peaceful and relaxing plus so many nice places to eat, and for some drink!!

It all depends when you are going. I see you plan to do MVMCP so I will guess you are there in Nov-Dec time frame.

Are you going when Food and Wine is going on? Are you there after Thanksgiving when the Holiday festivities are going on?

While I'm usually an advocate of half days in a park, especially Epcot, unless I had an extended trip, I would not waste 2 days of FPs at Epcot. With good touring strategy, you don't need FPs for any of Epcot's Tier 2 attractions, let alone using 4 of them over 2 days.

So, with your options, I would choose going to MK on arrival day.

I prefer to split Epcot into 2 half days, mainly because I like to park hop, and Epcot feels like two different parks. I do Future World one day, usually a morning/afternoon, and World Showcase in one afternoon/Evening. That may mess up your FP+ plans though.

I like the full day at Epcot... and just keep booking those fastpasses ( after ur third of course) as soon as you scan in for your ride.. we get tons of rides in that way.
Greatly enjoy Epcot... all the countries have something special to experience. Great foods, fun attractions... yup, an Epcot fan lol

It really depends when you will be there. If we are there during a festival we often spend several days there (F&W 3 days, Flower & Garden 1 1/2 - 2 days). If no festival, usually 1 day.

It really depends on what the rest of your trip looks like and if you would sacrificing FP at another park to get 2 sets of FP for two half days at EP. Assuming not, then the 2 half day scenario would be my choice so that you could FP 2 tier 1 rides.

We spend at least 2 full days at Epcot during a normal trip. During Food and Wine we spend an entire week at Epcot.

Ideally I would prefer 2 half days but this trip requires we spend 1 full day. During F&W we spent 1.5 days.

I'm an EPCOT-a-holic, so I'm biased, but I would do a full day at EPCOT. I always get there at rope drop, do future world really quick, and spend the rest of the day just wandering through WS because, like a PP said, I think it's really relaxing.

I'm an EPCOT-a-holic, so I'm biased, but I would do a full day at EPCOT. I always get there at rope drop, do future world really quick, and spend the rest of the day just wandering through WS because, like a PP said, I think it's really relaxing.

Us too ! We just returned from a 14 day trip - daddy trip with dd12 and ds7 - I believe we ended 5 of our days walking around WS - snacking and relaxing ! ( and 2 nights at Sice Road !)

Epcot is our go to park! If we do one of the other parks in the morning, head back to the room to rest and end up at Epcot.

Depending on what you want to see and do. We have to have 2 days for Epcot: 1 future world day and 1 world showcase day. We did all of Epcot in one day many trips ago and we forever speak about feet hurting on an Epcot 1 level ( felt as though we chopped our feet off and were walking on nubs on the asphalt....that bad!) So instead we now do 2 days for this park with a mid-day break each day. There's limited seating in the showcase area and I think that attributes to the dreadful feet. It is an expansive park and having a game plan for what you want to do is great. I think you would be fine with 2 half days, just to get a decent break in.

I'm finalizing our trip and considering two itineraries. In one, we visit Epcot on the day of our arrival (would get to the park around 4:00) and again on a day where we would leave early to attend MVMCP. So in this case, we would do two 1/2 days, with a total of 6 FP.

My other option is to use our day-of afternoon to visit MK, and dedicating a full day at Epcot. Rope drop to night show.

What do you think - better to do Epcot as 1 full day, or 2 half days?

Thanks!
As much as I think that Epcot is a beast to arrive and leave, I love to split it into 2 days when an itinerary can afford it. Do the WS at night and have dinner there, and then do the other part as daytime. Especially if it’s not hot. If you were going summertime, I’d say come once and try to stay it out. My only concern would be that this reduces your MK FPs, which may be more valuable to you than Epcot WS ones... my suggestion is based solely on niceness of itinerary and not ride maximization.

As previously mentioned, if you are going over the holidays, then I would recommend at least plan on an evening at Epcot to see the holiday version of illuminations. I think that is the best firework display on property. Also, the international festival of the holidays could take a lot of time.

We spend one full day and one day with either an ADR for Illuminations viewing or a dessert party.

Epcot is my 9 yo's favourite park! It really depends on what you like to do and who is in your travel party. We plan 2 full days there but that's also when we're in the parks for 8 full days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter