• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much sleep is your usual amount

5 to 7 hours but never uninterrupted. I always wake up at least twice a night, depends on hubby's snoring and the dogs hopping on and off the bed and my hip pain level.

Without drugs - who knows it’s a total gamble but usually not much.

with drugs - 6ish hours

with drugs plus extra drugs or exhaustion - 7/8 hours of actual uninterrupted REM cycle sleep and it’s so brilliant.

During the week, about 6 hours, with bathroom breaks thanks to blood pressure medicines.
Slept 11 hours last night. Friday night is my sleep in night. Saturday night, hopefully 8 or 9. But we were getting up at 5 am Sunday morning to be at the grocery store when they open at 6 am since the coronavirus hit. As of 2 weeks ago we go to Walmart first, they don't open until 7 am, so I can sleep until 6 am

I try to sleep for 7-8 hours but in actuality I probably end up sleeping 5 interrupted hours. The dog might cough, DH might talk in his sleep, I can be stressed and anxious which affects my sleep, or I could have an ache or pain somewhere. Getting older is not for sissies! LOL!

I am a 10-12 under normal circumstances. I would classify normal as being on a beach vacation where there’s no work or home stress, and I am not running myself ragged, like I would at Disney. In the real world, I get about five hours a night on work nights, then the night of my Friday I will sleep 15 or more to try to recover, and then 10-12 the next couple nights, and back to short nights. I function much better when I get the right amount of sleep.

When working (6 days a week usually) I get about 5-6 hours. Since I've been off I've been getting 7-8. I could get more both instances, but just doesn't happen. I feel great with about 8, but I get up 430/530 so the days I get up at 430 I'd have to go to bed at 830 to get 8. I'm not doing that. Sometimes I do if I'm tired enough though, but usually around 11 I go.

Now that I've been off for going on 2 months, I've been getting near 8. I could get more, but I have trouble falling asleep if I'm not really tired. I've been trying to go to bed around midnight (I usually toss and turn for up to an hour), and set my alarm for 8. I really don't want to set an alarm, but if I sleep late, then I won't be tired at night, and before I know it I'll be up until 2/3 and sleeping until noon. Not that it really matters right now, but then when I have to go back to getting up at 430, it'll be tough.

About 9 hours but it really varies. I am usually ready to go to bed by 9:00-9:30 and my alarm goes off at 6:30. BUT lately if I go to bed before 10:00 - 10:30, I will wake up at 4:30 and not be able to go back to sleep.

I don't have a usual amount anymore. I don't even have a set bedtime much anymore. It varies day to day. I try to do 6 to 7 hours, but that never happens. It's either due to anxiety, overtired, can't get comfortable, or many other reasons I can't completely control.

The last couple of months it’s been 5-6 with multiple wake-ups due to shoulder pain. I ordered some melatonin and will give that a try to help with the frequent wake-ups.

7.5 to 8.5. I make sure to not sleep in on the weekends so my schedule doesn't vary widely.

Last edited:
Before all this started: about 6-6.5 hours/night during the week, 8 on the weekends.

Currently working from home: about 8 hours/night during the week, 9 on the weekends. It's the best thing about the current situation. I'm not zombie-walking through the week in a sleep-deprived state.

7-8hrs is what I need and can get by on the occasional 6hrs, but too many in a row makes me crabby.

I can sleep for 9-10hrs straight no problem. Makes DH jealous. He's lucky to get a solid 4-5hrs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter