• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much planning do you put into your meals and snacks?

PairOfDice

Mouseketeer
The food is such a big part of the fun! We enjoy planning our meals and snacks and now with Pixar Fest there's even more to research and plan. I was just curious about how much planning other people put into food before their trips. Of course we'd make any necessary reservations but does anyone else plan out snacks suck as Dole Whip or churros? One of our favorite things to do is get a Dole Whip and then get in line for IJ. A Pair of Dice while strolling through Cars Land is also a must. And we gotta try ALL those churros this summer.

So are you a food planner or do you wing it?

We are a food planning family, due to DS being Gluten Free. Thankfully the parks are great about having allergy friendly meals so it does make it easier. We are also on a budget so I need to be mindful of the cost of meals.

We usually wing it. We have our favorite snacks and restaurants, and we don’t often stray from those. Occasionally if we hear about something new we make a note that we want to try it.

This year I’ve added a new allergen to the mix, so I’ve been doing a bit of research to see what my options are.

I am a total food planner! I make a list of where we’re going to eat lunch and dinner each day, and make reservations as soon as I can. I don’t like wandering around looking for food and then having to wait in line so we like to do table service for the most part. The planning is part of the fun for me but I get that some people don’t work that way!

I am a food researcher, but not a planner. I love to read and watch vlogs on what is new and delicious, but I don’t plan in advance when and where we will eat.

I wing it. Dole whips and churros are must-dos, but other than that we mostly just decide what sounds good near wherever we are when we get hungry.

I have three dining reservations for my 5-day trip, to make sure I get to eat my favorites. I will make sure I eat corn dogs, churros, Dole Whips, fried chicken at Plaza Inn, beignets, etc. I will squeeze them all in.

I normally go with an idea of what I want to try, but if lines are too long, or I see something else I want, I just change my plans. If I have a reservation, then I obviously will stick with that.

My must have snack with every visit is a churro :)

Somewhat of a planner. Pre-book parade or show packages... usually WOC dessert party and blue bayou fantastic. Then book 2 or 3 character meals. But other than that we wing it. Whatever we are closest to when we feel hungry is usually what we get.

We do both. I have a lot of food sensitivities/allergies, so research and planning are just a normal part of my Disney experience. But once I know I'm on safe ground, then the fun of winging it begins! For example, after doing lots of preliminary research for the recent Food & Wine Festival, we had so much fun winging it (within reason, of course)!

We love researching menus and we plan around some 'must eats'. We love Trader Sams, (old)Cove Bar, Ralph Brennan's, Bengal BBQ and this trip we especially enjoyed the Tasting Terrace in DCA. Dole whips, churros and other snacks are just purchased at a whim.

I do some research to see what's new, or worse - disappeared, since our last visit but we don't make too many ADR's anymore, they take too much time out of the day for us. It's DL this year for the first time in 37 years so I've been researching like mad so we don't miss out on anything.

I research and plan... We have reservations for most days for our trip in June, and lists of the treats and snacks we want to try by land, so we can easily find the things we want...

I love to read about food :) so reading menus and looking at posts is super fun for me. However, my family hates it when I overschedule our trips (one reason DL is a much better fit for us than WDW) so I don’t plan a lot of specifics ahead of time-just the Fantasmic and the WOC dessert party for this trip. My goal is to know enough that I can quickly decide where our best choice to eat is as soon as I can tell we are getting close to being cranky-and not have to just grab lousy food out of desperation. So, if we’re at Bugsland and someone is hungry, where should we go? That sorta plan that isn’t really a plan.

On a 4-5 day trip book about 2-3 sit downs. We try to leave a day or two with no reservations so we can go-go-go. Especially now with maxpass. Before we go, we watch youtube videos (magic journeys is a good one that is strictly food), and read blogs about the current offerings. Then we make a list. So whenever we get hungry we pull out our list and whatever area we are in that has an item, we grab it. I have a pretty long list of pixar items...its going to be hard lol

I'm a planner , plus you have my son who is super picky eater and me who doesn't eat meat. So I have our meals planned out. We like a couple sit down meals but I'll also look at quick service places to see what will work for our family. I don't necessarily plan out snacks, but if something looks good from someone else's post or blog I've seen, then i'll note it.

DH spends a lot of time looking at menus ahead of time :) I always have a little list of things I want to try while there too (mostly snacks).

I've done both. Planned when/where I wanted to eat and just played it by ear. In generally I do a hybrid. Schedule the places that need PS and play it by ear for the rest. I usually do have an idea of where else I want to eat but I don't schedule them into a plan.

We plan some, and wing it some. For instance, we have our reservations made for 3 restaurants on our 4 day trip next month (NEXT MONTH--it sounds so nice to be able to say "next month!")... However, for all our other meals, we just kind of go with the flow. The general expectation is that I need at least 1 Dole Whip a day, but often I need an a.m. Dole Whip, and a p.m. Dole Whip, and otherwise, we go where the Disney wind leads us food wise. I'm totally jonesin' for Mickey sugar cookies, so that will be something I make sure to get on my first day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter