How much money should I put aside

califred

DIS Veteran
for our 8 day vacation in March?

My in laws are paying for the house and tickets and such and I'll be cooking dinners at the house..

But how much will I need for my dh, myself a 5 yr old and an 18 month old for eating lunches and doing special meals (one character meal, a nice dinner one night) and souveneirs (we won't be extravagent with those)

Thanks everyone.

We set aside $1000 for our 7 day trip...

$100 a day spending money

PLUS

About $25 per meal budgeted with about $85 for each character meal.

Of course, you can get by on less spending money but I always like to play it safe.

Thanks that's about what I had figured , with my inlaws paying for everything else we'll be able to spend a little more on ourselves

check out the menus at www.wdwig.com and get an idea on the prices. A "nice" dinner at Disney can run your family of 3 (and a toddler) $60 or $400 (or more)- depending on what you mean by nice (and which bottle of wine you order). With two adults, we'd budget $100 a day - and eat sit down every night. But we aren't big drinkers. With two kids, we spent about the same, but ate more counter service.

Same deal with souveniers. With two of us, our souveniers were limited to a sweatshirt for each of us. With kids, the amount of junk we brough home was staggering. They both got t-shirts and sweatshirts. He got a pirate outfit. She got necklaces. He got a Captain Hook doll, she got Jessie. He got a stuffed Mickey, she got a Minnie. None of it was too expensive - a souvenier at Disney can be a $1 pencil or a $10,000 figurine.

Thank you!

We'll have babysitters (gramma and grampa and aunt and uncle) so it will just be us having a nice dinner, adn we too don't drink. And we will be cooking dinner at home the other nights.

Souveniers will be limited too..

Thanks for your advice.

We figure about $100/day for our family of four for meals and souveniers (we don't buy many) and usually come up right around it. We usually eat about 3 big sit-down meals and the rest counter service while at WDW. -HM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter