How much money do or have you wasted on unused services?

Spinneret

DIS Veteran
For example having a subscription to gym despite never going
Until recently I had a subscription to 2 magazines despite never reading them usually

Gym for sure. It was closed for most of the past two years and they did not bill me. I have been once this year. Used to swim twice a week year round. My wife and I get our third covid booster this week, and my wife says she will feel comfortable going back to the gym after that.

COVID and the gym. Now I do classes with C Dorner Fitness at home. They are free and she has live classes but also records all of them so I can do them at my leisure.

DW and I signed up the kids on a 1-year contract for Tae Kwon Do classes. They literally sat at the kitchen table and shed tears over it, begging to be able to keep attending after the free intro classes.

3 months later, they were burned out and had a bad taste in their mouths over the overbearing nature of the instructor. 9 months of classes wasted.

I went through a very long period of rarely watching Netflix, while still paying. Had to be months on months gone unused.
Netflix here too. My wife wants to drop it for Disney Plus. I want to look at their programming before we decide. I have found streaming services to be very disappointing. We have Peacock and YouTube TV.

COVID and the gym. Now I do classes with C Dorner Fitness at home. They are free and she has live classes but also records all of them so I can do them at my leisure.
Our problem with the gym memberships, we've had ours so long (25 years) that our rate is locked in at a low rate and if we ever want to go back our fees with go up by four fold.

I had a GPS type tracker device for my autistic son that we couldn't get to work for a couple of years after we had to replace the device due to a dead battery. Kept forgetting to cancel until after we were charged a $149 yearly fee. The last year I set a calendar reminder to cancel. Went to the website and they had gone belly up. No way to cancel. At least they stopped charging my card. Surprised they didn't send an email to their subscribers. I wonder how much they were still collecting up until the end?

I went through a very long period of rarely watching Netflix, while still paying. Had to be months on months gone unused.
I'm there with Netflix too, and several of our other streaming services. Unless something new drops or a new season of a show I like, there's very little left in the archives that I want to watch but haven't. The worst waste though, is the Prime+ channels that you can view on a free trial. Great for binging a show or two that's of interest. Until I forget to cancel and the fees kick in but I never go back to watching that channel. :o

Me and Netflix as well. I dropped it some months ago, but my cousin (who lives in the same house as me, no funny business) picked it up because she was watching it more than me and missed it. I just had to get her password because Derry Girls series 3 and the latest Great British Bake-Off are on there now and I want to see them.

I asked my mother if she still watches it, so I keep it. Amazon is my daughter's account. Hulu is the one I have had forever and never watch. I just have the service with ads and every time I go to watch, the ads annoy me more than my want to watch the show so I stop. I need to cancel it.

Paying the internet bill online and not ever looking at the bill, I didn't realize I was paying $5/month for 10 years for a $20 DSL modem. :eek:

I have kept Hulu for Handmaid's Tale. I also watch Abbott Elementary if I miss it live. We kept Netflix for Ozark and Stranger Things but they are not dropping any content we really want. I am thinking of dropping Netflix for Apple. I get Starz when Outlander comes on and then cancel. We have Peacock, Britbox TV, and Sling. Too many channels, but we watch a few things on each one. Actually, we watch a lot of British crime so that one is worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter