• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much junk food do you eat during a trip?

I definitely eat more desserts and alcohol on vacation than in my normal life. At Disney I average 28K steps a day so I definitely eat more carbs than I normally do, but it balances out. I still have plenty of veggies - Disney has some great salads!

We don't worry about what we eat at Disney. We eat whatever we want. Food is a big part of our Disney vacation experience.Most of time, my husband and I will share things too. Leaves room for more delectable treats!

I don't go nuts, but one thing I do tend to avoid in general is red meat, but when on vacation I will indulge. I plan to have the filet at BOG in a few weeks!

I tend to eat junk food for about two or three days on trips and then I usually start to feel bloated and/or lethargic and my body starts craving something slightly more nutritious (mainly fruits and veggies). So I had opted for the braised pork dish at Be Our Guest cuz it had green beans and carrots, or Liberty Tree Tavern for the patriot's platter. Still food with a lot of calories, but at least something with a bit more substance and not just carbs on top of carbs with carbs on the side and some protein.

But yeah... a lot of fried carby food still :P

How much junk food do you typically eat at WDW? Is it significantly more than you would eat at home? Have you ever regretted it?
We eat it all! I will say that we (DH, teenage son and I ) always share snacks, so we each eat about 1/3 of each snack, but we always get an ice cream and/or Dole Whip, a pretzel and a popcorn every single day of our trip. We also usually have at least one other thing each day (school bread, frappachino, pastry, cupcake or whatever). And we have snacks in the room, too.

Less than I plan on eating. I usually go in thinking I am eating all of the snacks I see on social media leading up to my trip and I end up eating maybe two or three of them.
Same! When it comes time, it either doesn't sound that great or I'm not in the mood for it! So funny, that I have such big intentions, then we start riding rides, running around and all I want is fluid! But I do splurge some, I always make time for sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzels! This time I I have big plans to try the cheeseburger eggrolls and a pineapple cream cheese spring roll!!

You people are my people!!!
I eat it all and have no regrets.
I am super healthy at home and actually try to lose a few extra pounds before my trip to prepare for my big indulgence.
I just came home last week and weighed 12 pounds more than when I left. (2.5 week long trip)
That tells you how much I ate compared to my normal diet.
I am sad I didn’t have room for all the treats I planned on eating. Missed a few I really wanted to try, but will try again soon!

We eat a really healthy, strict diet at home and enjoy a lot of treats on vacation! My favorite thing is going to Les Halles and buying like 12 desserts for our whole family and all taking samples and rating our favorites. And then I bring home one whole creme brûlée for myself and eat it in bed that night with a cup of decaf coffee while I rest my tired legs. Ahhh bliss!

I eat all sorts of extra junk food at Disney. But I also do all sorts of extra physical activity, so I think it works out ok.

Like others, I do a Disney diet ahead of time to prepare for ALL THE SNACKS lol. Social media makes it easier to compile lists of must try snacks!

I will say that the worst was when we went for a few days because DH had a business trip and I was let loose on my own. According to my photo time stamps:

8:30 am- stuffing my face with citrus pancakes at GFC
10:19 am- devouring a Mickey bar
10:40 am- enjoying a Hei Hei cone :rotfl:

I called my mom on the way back to the hotel convinced I’d roll off the boat I was so full. But oh so worth it!!!

I'm not really big on sweets/junk food. I do like to try the mass variety of drink options throughout the parks though (both alcoholic and non) My oldest daughter though is a snack hound. She has never met a Mickey shaped snack she hasn't liked. 😆 She could go through an entire trips worth of snack credits in two days if we let her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter