How Much Is Your Next Disney Trip Costing?

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
My next trip is going to cost me $1,600, which is the most I've ever paid for a vacation, but it's also my longest trip yet, and I got a good deal, since I booked it with the bounce-back promo, so I don't feel too badly about it, LOL. ;)

I'm going for twelve nights, and staying at Pop Century with the deluxe Disney dining plan, which I'm very excited about. All those signature restaurants are calling to me.

Since I booked this last fall, (and since I paid the $200 deposit right away,) I've been putting aside $100 or so a month to pay it off all at once. It's much easier for me to put aside $100 a month, and not keep it in my budget then it is to pay for it all at once, and owe my credit card money for months.

I am probably going to get my flight for "free" with airline miles, so I don't have to worry about spending any money there. I also have saved all my Christmas and birthday money, as well as lose change, so I don't have to "budget" any money for souveniers. :goodvibes A year's worth of change really adds up, KWIM?

I've moved this over to the Theme Parks community board.. It almost would be a better fit on the Resorts & Booking board.. But I figured we'd give a try here..

Knox

I've moved this over to the Theme Parks community board.. It almost would be a better fit on the Resorts & Booking board.. But I figured we'd give a try here..

Knox
I wasn't quite sure where to post it, and I didn't even see the park CB until after I posted it. Oops. ;)

This afternoon, my wife and I are leaving for an all-too-brief long weekend at WDW. Since we're passholders and have already used them enough to pay for them, I won't factor those in.

I expect that we'll end up paying a bit over two grand for this trip.

Last year's Disney med cruise cost us around 35k, so I'm pretty pleased with this amount.

Our next trip details:

4 Adults (Me, DP(artner), DM, DS)
2 Kiddos (DD10, DD9)
6 day in a 2 br Villa at SSR
6 day MYW hoppers with WP&M option
Deluxe Dining Plan
= $7,358

$1,400 Airfare

As far as spending money, souvenears, tips, alc, etc. goes, we will be staying the next week at my sisters home east of Orlando, while there we will be hitting Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Beaches, etc. Our budget for the Disney extras and the next week fun is $9,000. I am sure we won;t spend that much, but we won't be worring about cost either. We are fortunate enough to be able to spend this much, and want to make sure our girls' first Disney trip is a dream come true.

I also want to add in my last trips costs.

I went in Feb 2007 for three nights for a short birthday trip, which only cost $300-some, since all I had to pay for was the hotel. (I had an AP.) I can't remember if I paid for the flight or if I used airline miles. If I did pay, I know it was around $200 for round-trip. I can't remember things from a year ago that well though.

I also went last Sep, but due to an odd arrangement I had with my mom about who was paying for that trip, it ended up only costing me $500 or $600 for the ten nights we were there, including the food, since we had the "free" DDP.

I am definatly very savvy when it comes to paying for things, and I know how to get the best deals for Disney. :goodvibes

I'm not too bad with souvenirs, I seem to spend less every vacation, and my saving change thing really pays off.

Last trip I bought a tee shirt, four pins, (all which were "special" for the trip, one for the Food and Wine Fest, one for MNSSHP, one for Epcot's 25th, and one for YOMD,) I also bought a picture frame, two cookbooks, and earrings. Not a lot of stuff, but I do use everything I buy on a regular basis, like I wear the earrings all the time, I have pictures in the frame, I wear the shirt, (well, wore, it's too cold to wear it now,) and I use recipes from the cookbooks.

The only things I don't actually use are the pins, but I just buy them because I like them and they are memories of special things I did, or that were going on while I was there. Like last year when I went in Feb, I bought a P&P Party pin, and a Valentine's once, since I was there on V-Day.

family of 4 ---me, dw, dd15, dd16
staying at pop april 14 to 14 ..10 nights
dining plan, 10 days park tickets with hopper and more
$4300
flight from northern ontario...$2900:eek:
insurance $620..
for my family this is our trip of a lifetime...can't do this every year:sad1:
i'm sure it will be the best trip ever...:goodvibes

From the UK in July/Aug - 6 nights value and 8 nights deluxe, basic DDP, 14 day hopper waterparks and more, 10 days car hire, 2 return flights (just me n DH going) - approx £4000 which is around $8000

Staying at the GF for 8 nights, Sugar Loaf Building (concierge), 9 day park hopper, water park and more with dining plan. Limo transfer. Myself, DH and DS 12 $7285.18. RT Airfare via Newark to MCO - $836.40 For a grand total of: $8121.58.

Our spending money will be $3500.00 but we normally don't spend that much. We like to have it just in case we see something. We are not souvenir people.

Our next trip will be a cheapie- just DD and I for a long weekend.

Hotel- 3 nights @ Extended Stay Deluxe LBV...$123 (Hotwire)
Tickets- 1 park day and 1 WP day leftover from MYW tix...$0
Special Tix- P&P Party for DD and me...$88
Food- All CS, plus meals en route...$125
Misc- parking 2 days, souvenirs...$50
TOTAL...$386

2 adults at POFQ for 7 nights with 7 day parkhoppers and free DDP = $1750.

First class roundtrip airfare on American: FREE!!!!!

Still pricing our our next trip...
2 Adults/4 kids (requires occupancy 6 room)
It's roughly...

$1600 Airfare (Boy do I miss Southwest airlines' $98 R-T Providence-Orlando Specials!!! - No such luck, Minnesota is THE hardest and most expensive state to leave via air!)
$1430 6-Day Park Hoppers 2Ad/4Child
$1650 8 Nights ASMu Family Suites
*$220 for MNSSHP (not counting cost of Halloween Costumes in here)
*Hopefully Free Disney Dining
$1,000 Misc. Expenses (not big souvenir buyers - pictures are our favorite souvie)

*** No airport parking as we'll get dropped off by a family member. Will use DME for transport to/from MCO. ***

TOTAL SO FAR: $5800 -- which calculates to $645 per day for 9 days -- and about $108 per person per day.

It costs us about about $1,000 for a driving road trip back to Massachusetts for a week with free lodging (stay with family) and very little entertainment and minimal food expense. That's about $83 a day for a MUCH less magical vacation (though don't get me wrong - we love going back to see friends and family but for the extra $20 a person a day, I'd rather be in Disney!)

Our next trip will be a cheapie- just DD and I for a long weekend.

Hotel- 3 nights @ Extended Stay Deluxe LBV...$123 (Hotwire)
Tickets- 1 park day and 1 WP day leftover from MYW tix...$0
Special Tix- P&P Party for DD and me...$88
Food- All CS, plus meals en route...$125
Misc- parking 2 days, souvenirs...$50
TOTAL...$386

Just curious - are you close enough that gas cost is not an issue? We've done some long road trips and have learned that gas can become a significant expense these days!

Last year's trip cost us $3,300.00. Stayed 9 nights at CBR. 2 adults and 1 child (for resort purposes but not for dining or tickets). 7 day park hoppers with water parks and more. Dining Plan too.

This year, we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Woods View-Bunk Beds. 10 days/9 nights. 2 adults and 11 year old. 8 day base tickets (hoping the free upgrades happens again this year. Disney Dining Plan.

Our total is $4,951.00. This is the MOST I have ever paid for a vacation.

For Family of Four (2 adults, 2 kids DS8+DD5)

2 weeknights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah View Deluxe
1 day ParkHopper
2 nights DxDDP
------------
$1,667.00 Disney

$1,000.00 RT Airfare (Denver-Orlando) for 4 people
-------------
$2,667.00 total :scared1:

Well, here goes...a photo journey through the costs of our annual family vacation (these pictures are from previous years, our next trip is March 1-8, 2008!!!

My family (wife, 5 kids), my sister and her family (husband, 2 kids), and my mom and dad:
8 nights

This picture does not include Sam, who we adopted from China just last summer)
100_0280.jpg

3 MK View rooms - Poly: $5117/ea = $15351
IMG_1110.jpg

Tickets (1 a/p,7 adult/3 child 7-day park hoppers = $3012

Food: approx $5000 (includes 1 sit-down meal per day, the rest counter service)

Bus Rental: $2000 - this is the only way to travel with 13 people who want to travel in 1 vehicle together.
DSC00023.jpg

Yes, that's over $25000 - before souvenirs...and gas from Atlanta...
but worth it.

Me,DH,DD4 Sept 21-27 1 br villa at Beach club, magic your way with dining and 6 day park hoppers$3155.00 ( AAA discount) airfare from central Pa to Orlando $775.00 = $3930.00:goodvibes

I expect we will spend over 3,000 dollars. That's three people staying for 15 nights at POP Century or AsMo. That's of course if the free dining comes out (which it most likely will). If it doesn't, we'll have to tack on some money for eating. But we wouldn't go to many TS and just stick with the CS locations as we really enjoy them as well. And one or two MNSSHP party nights.

And then plane tickets...oy. I can't imagine how much those are going to cost.

me, DW, DD5 8 nights AKL Platinum package, park hoppers & water parks for the whole time, airfare and insurance a shade over $10k - with tips (Grrr!), adult beverages and souvenirs we'll be up to ~$12k by the time we're done... trip of a lifetime at DW's suggestion... I think I'd have preferred to do the same trip three times staying at value resorts, but I'll let you know when I get back if it was all worth it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter