• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

Latest trip was 4 nights at Poly and 1 at POFQ + 4 day park hoppers + 1 EMM for the three of us + airfare + spending money was right at $4,000, maybe a few dollars less.

Can I ask how you were able to get 10 days at the Poly for $2630? That is an amazing price and I have never seen a price that low.

Yeah $263/night is much lower than renting points or current TA rates.

It’s actually 9 nights, so a little over $292/night. I did get it through a travel agency that rents blocks of rooms at convention rates...which I think is as much as I can say without breaking the DIS’ rules! But yes, when we got the quote, I jumped!

In April we went to the Poly. We drove 4 hours both ways - about $70 in gas maybe..?
6 nights marina view w/Disney dining plan -2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant - $3889
Military 5 day park hoppers for 3 - $738
And then we charged to our room with our bands at the parks about $700 with tips, souvenirs, snacks that we didn't use our snack credits on.

In November we are going to AKL. Will drive again.
6 nights pool view bunk room w/ Disney dining plan - 2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant $3223
1 night AKL Jambo house 1 bdrm villa - $454
Military 5 day park hoppers for 3 - $738
No idea what we will spend this time on souvenirs

Room for 7 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in a Guaranteed King Bed $1800 (prior to any Florida resident discounts coming out) from January 5th until the 11th.
Airfare - none - we live 90 minutes from the Magic
Tickets $900 - we bought Silver Annual Passes for Florida residents which includes admission to all 4 parks and 10% off any dining and shopping
Parking at the resort - free - I have a handicap plackard
Food
Breakfast for 8 days = $320.00 minus 10% 288.00
Lunch/Drinks/Snacks = 288.00
Dinner = $1000
Souveniers, etc = $300.00
Approximate total $4600
Plus, Target gives a 5% off Disney gift cards - therefore, I am going to purchase gift cards like I used last time - so around $4300

We are 7 adults at OKW, a 2 bdrm villa from December 14 to 22.

Lodging and Free regular dining , 9 day hoppers : $13,219

Memory maker 200.00 ( not booked yet. )

My niece and her new wife are flying in from Montreal to use tix they already had so I am not counting that cost.

Airfare for 5 from BDL : APx $1500. I booked one way so far and am watching the return cost

OOP meals because I am way overbooked: Oh dear Lord!

WE bring about $2000 in spending but will probably need more if I cannot pare the extras down. My DD and DSIL will also have about the much.

So for the approximate total, not counting spending money I think it will run about $16, 500 for all 7 of us, not counting regular spending. So $2357 PP for 9 days.

2 adults/2 kids Aug 15 - 23 Wilderness Lodge

Travel Agent package - 8 nights standard room + 6 day 1 park tickets, 1 Water Park ticket - $3430 (I think this was a great deal, but I'm sure we'll be looking at a dumpster out our window!)
Flights from West Coast - $40 tax using miles
Travel Ins - $92
Memory Maker - $169
CRT lunch - $260 (oof! I gave my daughters the choice between EMM and CRT and they chose CRT to my surprise)
Parking at home airport - $120
$50 gift card per child for their souvenirs to quash the gimmies - $100

Food and extras - this is the big question mark. I've accumulated $1,500 in gift cards, $200 in Disney Visa Rewards, and play to put at least $700 on my Disney Visa when you can get a discount. We have at least one TS booked every day, but also aren't huge eaters. Plus we're doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I probably should go buy more gift cards before we leave.

Since this is our first trip we have no dessert parties, tours, MNSSHP,etc booked. It will be expensive enough without them! I really wanted to do EMM, but we didn't want to do both CRT and EMM.

I paid for the package with discounted gift cards but I haven't kept track of my savings. Generally I use my Amex for 6% off on groceries and also get fuel rewards.

I just really realized how much this trip is costing .
Our room and tickets package at Poly we’re $9950. Airfare was apprx $2200 for the 4 of us. Add in MNSSHP, EMM, Star Wars Dessert Party, HEA Dessert Party, MNSSHP fireworks Dessert Party, Sleepy Hollow Returns event, plus two character meals...oy vey...

ETA I seriously think DH would pitch a fit if he knew how much was truly being spent...

2A 2DA 5 nights Dec 29-Jan 3
SPG reward nights, prob $100ish in fees
Tickets...debating but we will ultimately upgrade to DVC AP so around $2200
Gas $400 (pit stopping at GMA house in SC for visit and hotel avoidance)
My budget gets fuzzy after this. Bkfst in room or free SPG, lunch packed a few days, treats, candlelight proc dinner, NYEE sit down MK, NYE sit down Epcot - prob $1200
Little spending money and kiddos will have their own
$4100

Also taking friends on DVC trip May 19
8 nights studio - sunk DVC cost
(We got their 6 nights too)
Tickets AP - prev purchase
Gas or flights TBD- hoping frontier at $300-$400 total
Dining just a guess based on our style- $2000
Little spending money
$2500ish

Sweating now

From an affordability perspective, our trip this Oct is going to be the cheapest for us by far in our numerous trips to the parks...

9 nights AKL Jambo 1 Bedroom Savannah - we are DVC and using our points, so approx $1650 in dues
Last trip we used the DVC special/discount to upgrade our paid for passes to annual passes - so no ticket cost this trip (our upgrade last year was about $200 total)
Travel - we are driving for the first time. No cost in fuel as I drive a Tesla w/free supercharging
Food - unsure - combo of groceries and park eating - my guess would be around $1500
Additional costs - unsure - just a little spending money - say $1000

So for what we are getting - we couldn't be more thrilled. Granted, this is the result of much forward planning and taking advantage of some timing (i.e. upgrading to annual passes when DVC was offering reduced costs on Plat Plus APs). Still - this will be the cheapest Disney trip for us by far and include the highest level of accommodations we've ever had!

For a 3 day weekend about $1890 and figure maybe $300 ish on food maybe a little more or less. Physically writing this out is making me realize what a nut job me and my husband are for spending $2000 on a super short trip.

You’re among fellow nut jobs! Where you staying?

Can I ask how you were able to get 10 days at the Poly for $2630? That is an amazing price and I have never seen a price that low.

I stayed at the Poly last September for 240 a night through an amazing travel agent’s Labor Day deal.

It’s actually 9 nights, so a little over $292/night. I did get it through a travel agency that rents blocks of rooms at convention rates...which I think is as much as I can say without breaking the DIS’ rules! But yes, when we got the quote, I jumped!

Haha I think I know the agency! You going in September?

Net $0 on solo trip using all credit card points (mostly off the Disney Chase Visa) and a 4-day ticket my wife got from a package that she didn't use because she's AP.

Flying Premium Economy from the UK, 21 nights at POFQ, Memory Maker included, free QS dining plan upgraded to DDP, 21 day park tickets, $200 Disney spending money included, Magic Express on arrival, DS check-in and transport to airport on last day, total $8840 for 2.

5 nights at The Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard View, with 5-day Park hoppers for 2 adults: $3059
Round trip airfare for 3 (2 year old daughter needed a plane ticket but not a park ticket): $1323
Budgeting $1000 for meals plus we booked a dessert party for $170, so roughly $1200 for meals
Souvenir budget of $500
Total is roughly $6100

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter