• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

2 adults, 2 children (1 being a Dis adult).

8 nights at Grand Floridian, Outer Building, Garden View, with 7 day park hoppers.
$4243

Jetblue flights, round trip from ORH to MCO, using some JetBlue points.
$733

Budget for food and souvenirs.
$1500

Total - $6476.

Found an UNREAL deal for our annual Christmas trip:

12/24 - 1/1
Beach Club, Standard View
Disney Dining Plan
7-Day Park Hopper
Total: $8,540 ($2,135/pp)

Tips: ~$500 ($125/pp)

HEA Dessert Party: $240 ($60/pp)

Throwing around the idea of a tour: $400 ($100/pp)

Flights: Planning on booking with points

Total: $9,680; Per person: $2,420

No, we obviously didn't get free dining, but we "technically" did when you compare the rate we got vs. rack rate.

My sister and I are considering "upping" our tickets to APs, so that'd be an added cost, obviously.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. My daughter is 12 and we really vibe well, have the same interests and just go with the flow. We aren't even making many ADR's and just winging it with QS, lounges and same day ADR's. I'm so looking forward to that part. Our last trip with the 4 of us was fun but it's much harder (and more stressful) trying to make 4 people happy instead of 2. We are so looking forward to the trip and it's our first time just us two. We are doing MVMCP, HDDR and HEA dessert party which are all new to us but it definitely adds up even when it's only 2 people.
I hope you two have a lovely trip too!
I have to reply again. We're handling meals with the same plan! We only have two preplanned ADRs, plus the MNSSHP and the FEA dessert party. I'm so looking forward to the thought of having spontaneity as part of the vacation. HDDMR is worth every penny spent! On my daughter's first trip, HDDMR was the one thing she said that we had to repeat for our second trip. Last year when we attended my daughter had tears from laughing so hard. It sounds like your trip will be wonderful!

I feel EXACTLY the same way. My daughter is 12 and we really vibe well, have the same interests and just go with the flow. We aren't even making many ADR's and just winging it with QS, lounges and same day ADR's. I'm so looking forward to that part. Our last trip with the 4 of us was fun but it's much harder (and more stressful) trying to make 4 people happy instead of 2. We are so looking forward to the trip and it's our first time just us two. We are doing MVMCP, HDDR and HEA dessert party which are all new to us but it definitely adds up even when it's only 2 people.

THIS. Ours is a mother-daughter trip as well, except my daughter is 26. We're taking my 2 year old grandson, her nephew, who is a great little traveler. We have so much fun together and would rather share meals and eat more often, LOL. Now that she's grown she prefers to travel with her mama, and I'm fine with that!

I have to reply again. We're handling meals with the same plan! We only have two preplanned ADRs, plus the MNSSHP and the FEA dessert party. I'm so looking forward to the thought of having spontaneity as part of the vacation. HDDMR is worth every penny spent! On my daughter's first trip, HDDMR was the one thing she said that we had to repeat for our second trip. Last year when we attended my daughter had tears from laughing so hard. It sounds like your trip will be wonderful!

We are only doing 3 ADRs for 9 nights. I'm so happy to be free from ADRs and just eating what we feel like when we feel like it. She only requested HDDR (first time), BOG lunch (first time) and VN. I'll make those and then wing the rest. Glad to hear HDDR was a hit!

Last trip for 2 adults before our APs expire (not renewing) for Food & Wine in September:

4 nights at Dolphin in King room - $996 (hoping this gets cheaper)
Southwest airfare - $252
Food/drinks - $900
Airport town car - $140
Total $2288

$3496.56 for 12 nights Poly standard room (291.38/night)
$3079.10 10 day hopper plus tickets for 6
$650 for hotels and gas for driving down
$671 for van rental

And we're bring a good amount of spending money, we have a sit down dinner every night.

We are staying 14 days. 11 days we are staying DVC so hotel prices there are not included, 3 at Universal (RPR). We are going to Discovery Cove 1 day, SeaWorld 1 day, DW 6 days, US 3 days and MVMCP. We are having one rest day. There are 4 of us staying. We are Canadian so you have to add another 25%-30% on top for exchange too.

Seaworld show and queue-120
Universal Tickets-1055
Universal Hotel-931
Mini Golf-60
Disney world 6 day pass-1320
Mickey Christmas Party-400
Discovery Cove-1000
Discovery Cove photo-250
Disney Springs Star Wars-150
Food counting tips and taxes -4000
Flights-2900
Total-12186

3 Adults 1 Child over 3
POP Sept 8 - 17 9 nights
Free dining upgraded to middle tier dining
10 day park hopper +
Memory Maker $4,500
Flights from Cincy $800
$5,300

12/08/2018-12/15/2018
Pop Century Resort
2 Adults, 1 Child
6-Day Park Hopper tickets
Delicious Free Offer + Deluxe Dining Plan Upgrade
Memory Maker (+$169.00)
Tickets to MVMCP (+$310.99)
Total, before airfare: $4203.56

Paying for everything Disney via Disney GCs purchased via Target Red Card. Tedious, but worth the 5% savings.

Budgeting up to $1,000 for airfare, hoping to keep that to under $800.

7/27/18-8/2/18
7 Days/6 Nights at POP
2 Adults, 1 2 year old (considered infant)
One Free QS Meal per Night Offer
4 Day Park Hopper Tickets
Memory Maker
Disney Food Budget ($900....food is a big part of the trip for us and we come out ahead of the DDP)
Total Disney Cost - $2,269

1 Day Universal Tickets - $264 for 2 Adults
Universal Food Budget - $175 (Lunch, Drinks, Dinner)

Rental Car for Stay - $319 (Still debating if we are keeping it the whole week. We might just do the 1st 2 days and then drop it off on day 2 when we go to Universal..which would bring it down to $122)
Stroller Rental - $100
Flights - $945

We have $150 in Disney Giftcards and $20 in Disney Visa rewards which we are still building.

Grand Total without giftcards/rewards.... $4,072

2 adults, 2/26 - 3/3, 2018. Hotel, park entry w/park hopper for the 4 days, meals (oop), airfare (from Detroit) and parking at the airport and of course a new watch and 2 shirts - total $1848.00

We just came back from 7 nights in April. I'm actually afraid to total it all up but i will give an estimate. This was a trip with our in laws so we actually need more/bigger rooms than usual. I'm including my family of 5 costs as we didn't really receive any payment from out in laws.

Here goes:

DVC points for : 3 nights - 2 studios at poly and 4 nights 2 BR at AK - kidani - maintenance fees ~ $2400
Park tickets - 4 - 7 day hoppers $1724 (I already bought AP last year)
Airfare - $2285 - minus $600 in points so $1685

Food was probably another $2000+, but this is where the in laws did pick up some meals. I did have a $400 Disney visa redemption card and did have another $600 in gift cards purchased at a discount.

So when all is said and done a close estimate would be: $7409 - so just about $1000 per day for my family. yikes!! I knew there was a reason why i didn't want to total it up.

I guess when you are slowly purchasing things - Park tickets were bought in June 2017, airfare was in August 2017, The DVC maintenance fees per year for our room were $800 - so the most recent expenses were for food and souvenirs. I think i would have a harder time parting with over $7K in one shot.

Sept 19-26
2 adults
7 nights Beach Club Standard View,4 day park hoppers with 1 water park day, DDP - 3793.03
2 MNSSHP - 159.06
Flight CMH to MCO - 72 (for tax and early bird check-in) used SW points
Total - 4024.09

9/1-9/8
2 adults/2 kids (ages 5 and 1)
Standard room at Pop
6 day park hoppers
Free dining (upgraded to standard)
Memory Maker
$3052 total. Friend is paying $700 for her tickets and upgraded dining so $2352 for me and my 5 year old.

Flights: $236
EMM: $130
MNSSHP: $163
Spending money/Tips: $1000

Grand total: $3881 (not counting the $700 of my friend's share)

Nov. 24th-Dec. 3rd (9 nights)
2 adults, 2 teens
All Star Sports
10 day Park Hopper
Free Dining upgraded to DDP
$4287 not including airfare

4 adults
September- 10 nights
Standard room- Pop Century
4 day park hopper
Free quick-service dining with upgrade to regular dining plan
Memory maker
$4934.75
Someone please tell me this price makes sense cuz I'm not so sure! Lol.:teacher:

9/11-9/20 Caribbean Beach ( we love this resort and originally had Riverside booked but switched back to this...we know all about the construction but we really spend so little time there I don't think it will be an issue for us)
2 Adults
9 day Hopper plus
Disney dining Plan (the regular one)=3762.00
2 MNSSHP Tickets= 168.28
Flight from Buffalo Ny to MCO = 375.92

Total=$4306.20

well, it started out as a quick, long-weekend, no-parks trip to surprise my birthday boy.

Then, it evolved into a 5 night, 5 days in the park, fancy dinners, make-it-all-the-more-special trip. He has gone through a lot in his educational career thus far, and I want to reward him for his hard work..

So, was:
$563 (room)
$1200 (food/expenses (mini golf, bowling)
$400 (air for 4 r/t - lots of miles used)
$100 (tips, etc.)

$2263

Now:
$2300 (room, 5 day PH tickets for 4 adults, and a "magical extra" (we will use for Mini-golf)
$2000 (budget for dining, drinks, bowling, souvenirs (sons birthday - I am going to let him go nuts at his favorite store - Trophy Room)
$400 (air, again)
$100 (incidentals)

$4800

Ouch.

However, he deserves it, my husband deserves it (incredibly stressful job), and I have been busting my behind doing overtime to pay for it. I will have it covered, from overtime alone. I will need the break, too :)

Disclaimer: Non-local Disney employee abusing my discount.

Resort - $2960 (9 nights, Contemporary Tower Bay Lake View)
Tickets - $0 (Main Gate!)
Flight - $150 (Used JetBlue points for one leg of the trip)
Food - $450 (I focus on food as much as attractions!)
Memory Maker - $170 (Always worth it, IMO.)
Universal Ticket - $180 (Haven't been since the expansion of WWoHP)
Misc. Uber trips - $100 (In case monorail problems; definitely for Universal day)

Coming in for right around $4000. This is a solo trip, so it's a lot for one person, but I've been saving for a while and want to splurge on the Contemporary. It's always been a fantasy of mine to stay in the tower and be able to walk to Magic Kingdom. I'm also only allowing myself to use my Disney Chase card rewards for souvenirs. With my discount, I've been buying too much lately. I need to stop. Plus, how many Mickey shirts should a person really have? :)

Contemporary Tower is my fantasy, too. One day.... Also, I should really become a cast member..

9/11-9/20 Caribbean Beach ( we love this resort and originally had Riverside booked but switched back to this...we know all about the construction but we really spend so little time there I don't think it will be an issue for us)
2 Adults
9 day Hopper plus
Disney dining Plan (the regular one)=3762.00
2 MNSSHP Tickets= 168.28
Flight from Buffalo Ny to MCO = 375.92

Total=$4306.20

We love CBR, too...it was the first resort we ever stayed at and it holds a place near and dear. We have not been back since 2010...might need to change that sometime soon..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter