• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Is Florida Restaurant Tax? Trying to get tip money ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also understood that you don't have to tip on alcoholic beverages. Can you imagine the increase in the tip? Especially if several or many drinks are ordered and they run quite expensive at WDW. So, the tip is on the food and service. Not the tax or alcohol.

I've never heard that you don't tip on alcoholic beverages. You should. However, I have heard that it is acceptable to apply a smaller percentage tip to an expensive bottle of wine. Say you order a $200 bottle of wine. You could tip 20% on food, then 10% or 15% on the wine.

For most of Disney it is 6% but a portion it is 7%. Disney World resides in Orange and Oceola counties, and one county has a "local option" 1% addition.

Shockingly though Disney owns land in 7 counties but most of it is largely undeveloped. That sounds hard until you realize it is in a region where 4 counties touch up against each other rather tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter