• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do you spend once onboard?

Sounds like if I’m doing a cocktail Class or remy etc I would be better booking the nursary, so I’m not called to leave

they went to the nursary this year and loved it, obviously would be a bit of a pain leaving such a expensive meal

im also wondering if they will be independent enough with the toilet by then. But time will tell

Sounds like if I’m doing a cocktail Class or remy etc I would be better booking the nursary, so I’m not called to leave

they went to the nursary this year and loved it, obviously would be a bit of a pain leaving such a expensive meal

im also wondering if they will be independent enough with the toilet by then. But time will tell
The good thing is you have the nursery option if you need it. But, yes, I would probably do the nursery for Remy, since it's a multi hour experience.

It's definitely hard to say what your kids will be like next Sept. They change so much at that age. It's just great to have options so you don't need to worry about having some adult time.

My husband and I spent just over $1600 on a 4 night cruise.

This included two spa treatments, 1 length of cruise rainforest room pass, a fair bit of shopping, the mid tier WiFi and my husband's drinking habit 😅

I was on the exact same cruise in 2023, The 4 night to Spain from Southampton. Im giving exact specifics for what the OP will experience in 2024. My cruise left from Southampton, one port in Bilbao, Spain and then back to Southampton. Thats what the OP wants to do in 2024.

There were no extra costs, the price listed on the merchandise tags is what I paid. I still have the receipts.
Yes, that’s what I said, too. For a cruise going from UK to Spain no VAT. But your statement was broader (in Europe) and other people besides the OP read these threads, too. So I wanted to give the explanation which cruises in Europe there will be VAT and which cruises won’t have it.

Yes, that’s what I said, too. For a cruise going from UK to Spain no VAT. But your statement was broader (in Europe) and other people besides the OP read these threads, too. So I wanted to give the explanation which cruises in Europe there will be VAT and which cruises won’t have it.

What about a cruise between Australia and New Zealand. It seems like Disney is still charging the VAT prices for Palo and the onboard activities

What about a cruise between Australia and New Zealand. It seems like Disney is still charging the VAT prices for Palo and the onboard activities
They're still charging GST for those sailings. GST is 10% for Australia and 15% in New Zealand. We have worked it out that they're charging 20% on top of usual pricing across all Down Under Sailings.

They're still charging GST for those sailings. GST is 10% for Australia and 15% in New Zealand. We have worked it out that they're charging 20% on top of usual pricing across all Down Under Sailings.

It is one of the most joyous things about being in New Zealand. You see a price. That is the price. No math. It is a bit of a drag if you are right about the 20% considering the value of our various currencies to the American dollar. Just did some math and something that is regularly 45USD should be no more than 53. And they are charging 60.

It is one of the most joyous things about being in New Zealand. You see a price. That is the price. No math. It is a bit of a drag if you are right about the 20% considering the value of our various currencies to the American dollar. Just did some math and something that is regularly 45USD should be no more than 53. And they are charging 60.
Yes, they have increased prices beyond covering the GST. Somethings are even well beyond the 20% increase. The Sommelier Bin is $10USD usually and they were charging $16USD last week in Australia.

Yes, they have increased prices beyond covering the GST. Somethings are even well beyond the 20% increase. The Sommelier Bin is $10USD usually and they were charging $16USD last week in Australia.

Dang. Hate to ask what the wine packages have gone up to then. Maybe I will be cheap and just being some bottles on board from the Yarra Valley and pay the corkage.

Dang. Hate to ask what the wine packages have gone up to then. Maybe I will be cheap and just being some bottles on board from the Yarra Valley and pay the corkage.
These were the packages we were offered at dinner and the cost (in USD)

The Classic Package:
3 Night: $142
4 Night: $180
5 Night: $215

Premium Package:
3 night: $210
4 Night: $275
5 night: $335

But this includes the 20% GST and the 18% gratuity so it's about the same as the US Sailings which doesn't including the 18% gratuity.

US Packages

Classic Package:
3 night: $100
4 Night: $130
5 night: $156

Premium Package:
3 Night: $150
4 night: $199
5 night: $244

If you bring your wine to dinner with you, the servers don't mind. I brought cocktails most meals from the bar as I hadn't finished my drink yet and finished it during dinner.

Last edited:
My husband and I spent just over $1600 on a 4 night cruise.

This included two spa treatments, 1 length of cruise rainforest room pass, a fair bit of shopping, the mid tier WiFi and my husband's drinking habit 😅
wooo, that’s not far off what we would be doing, mybe not the two spa treatment, unless you give my wife ideas lol

its hard to budget what 6-7 cocktails with tip, would cost a day for two people. I was thinking 200 dollars a day not sure if that’s too little or to much 😕

wooo, that’s not far off what we would be doing, mybe not the two spa treatment, unless you give my wife ideas lol

its hard to budget what 6-7 cocktails with tip, would cost a day for two people. I was thinking 200 dollars a day not sure if that’s too little or to much 😕
In America, cocktails are usually $10 to $17, with the Drink of the Day $6.25USD

Can u still book the nursary before the cruise if your child is 3
Yes, 3 is the max age for nursery and the lowest age for Oceaneers kids club, so they can do both kids club and nursery

Unless something has changed, last I knew you cannot pre-book nursery time for a 3-yr-old. A child that age IS allowed to use the nursery but you can only book time onboard. Maybe someone with a recent 3-yr-old will chime in.

Unless something has changed, last I knew you cannot pre-book nursery time for a 3-yr-old. A child that age IS allowed to use the nursery but you can only book time onboard. Maybe someone with a recent 3-yr-old will chime in.
Thanks! Never had a 3 yr old on DCL.

In America, cocktails are usually $10 to $17, with the Drink of the Day $6.25USD
This summer on the Dream from Southampton, drink of the day was $7.25, auto gratuity put it to $8.56. No VAT on our cruise to Norway. Drink of the day was $3-$5 cheaper than the regular prices.

I checked our folio. We spent $190 for 7 nts on drinks. 1-2 alcoholic/day for me (plus some free ones I got at the DVC member event and the Captains reception on formal night) and 1-2 specialty non alcoholic ones/day for my 19 and 23 yr old kids. I did add an extra $1 tip per drink on top of the auto gratuity. I'd say half of our drinks were drinks of the day, so we saved some $ that way.

Oh, and check the app onboard. Some lounges had happy hours with 30% off drinks. I never went to the happy hours though, so no idea if it was limited to certain drinks

This summer on the Dream from Southampton, drink of the day was $7.25, auto gratuity put it to $8.56. No VAT on our cruise to Norway. Drink of the day was $3-$5 cheaper than the regular prices.
Feels like we are going in circles, I posted twice now about the cost of things on the EXACT cruise the OP is asking about for 2024. The confusion starts when people who have ONLY been on American based cruises post, as they dont understand how prices change depending on location :)

Yes I seen a something about that from years ago but I to didn’t know if it had changed so you can book before

I mean if you know your child isn’t toilet trained it would be a shame to not be able to book the nursary in advance since you know the kids club isn’t a option

I spent a little under $2,000 once onboard for the WBPC recently. This included the mid tier internet package for 1 device, the high level package for a 2nd device (I split packages with other friends on board to bring down the overall cost), 2 spa treatments, 2 meals at palo, a shirt and pin exclusive to the sailing, port adventures in 3 cities, and both the recommend plus added gratuities.

we plan on doing polo dinner, getting 2 Disney magic plus bands, the odd coffee, cocktail class, one day in the rainforest room and probably 6-7 cocktails through out the day for me and my wife ( might seem a lot but I’m thinking 2 in the afternoon 2 at dinner, 1 at the show and 2 in the adult only areas at night)

how much would people recommend taking for all off this, I was thinking 1000 dollars, anyone think that’s about right?
$1,000 seems way too low. Your bar tab will be at least $300 with tip for those 24 cocktails. $100 for Palo. Our biggest extra expense is always the excursions, and we normally take the lower prices excursions and you don't indicate you will be taking any excursions. These days our alcohol intake is usually limited to a bottle of wine at dinner that lasts for two dinners. I realize we are in the minority on that, since some cruise lines like Carnival have had to put a 15 drink per day limit on their unlimited alcohol drink package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter