• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do WDW rain ponchos cost?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
How much do the rain ponchos cost & do they sell them in the hotels as well? We are staying at BLT.

Thanks!

$9

You'd be better off buying your own off property for $1 a piece. Although if you buy a Disney one and it happens to rip or tear, they'll replace it for free

Thank you. I'm going to take my chances and wait and buy it there if it ends up raining.

Do they sell them in the hotels as well as the parks?

I bought 2 in November at the gift shop by Gaston’s and they were $12 each.:headache:

I would buy a few per person at the dollar store. They're so small, it fits into a bag and takes no space. We got caught in the rain our last night and I'm so glad we had our ponchos. We never used them for water rides but it was necessary for the rain.

But I will just toss a wet dollar store poncho. What do you do with the disney ones, carry it around wet?

If they're $9, that's $8 too much. The $1 ones from the camping section of Wal-Mart work great. Never had one rip yet, and if it does, who cares?

Thank you. I'm going to take my chances and wait and buy it there if it ends up raining.

Do they sell them in the hotels as well as the parks?

They sell them pretty much in every gift shop. If you do not see them in the store I would just ask a CM working the register as many times they have them in the back room or under the register area. If I were you though I would just go to Wal-Mart or a dollar store and grab how many you would need. It beats paying the Disney premium and the wal-mart or dollar store ones will keep you just as dry.

I think it depends how much you go to WDW. If I was only going once or twice I would probably just buy the dollar store ones. If you go often I would get the WDW ones. We bought the WDW ones in 2012 for the 5 of us and have used them almost every year since and they work great. They are really heavy duty and roll up really well to fit a backpack. We bring a ziplock bag and stash them in there if they are wet so we don't get everything in our backpack wet. At the end of the day we just hang them in the shower or wipe them dry. If you don't want to carry around a wet poncho and buy dollar store ones you might need a new one everyday and that might be more expensive than WDW ponchos, LOL. :)

I’ve never, in 17 trips to the World, needed a poncho more than twice in a week. If I keep my eyes open, I can get the cheap ones 2 for a dollar. Just can’t justify the price of the WDW ones.

Bought one for $11 at Saratoga Springs in Artists Palette then bought one for $12 in AK later that day (Dec. 20)

I had dollar tree ponchos with us but got caught in a really heavy downpour our last day. It was cold too so I ended up buying the sturdier Disney ponchos that were a little longer and had longer sleeves. I wouldn’t normally spend that much but the rain was so heavy and we had places to be!

I’ve never, in 17 trips to the World, needed a poncho more than twice in a week. If I keep my eyes open, I can get the cheap ones 2 for a dollar. Just can’t justify the price of the WDW ones.
I've purchased one Disney poncho in 20+ trips, for $9. How many dollar ponchos have you purchased in that time?

But I will just toss a wet dollar store poncho. What do you do with the disney ones, carry it around wet?

First off I will say that for my trip a few weeks ago I did bring ones I bought from amazon for $1 each that had sleeves and a drawstring and was very suprised by its thickness and it was a day that had heavy downpours for the first half of the day and I did toss it and I'm actually shockingly considering just taking those again for my JULY trip which I know there will be plenty of rain drops to dodge.

With that said yes I absolutely carry a Disney poncho around wet and put it back on when I need it.
Key is that I have it in a quart size zip lock baggie and I take it off inside out and wrap it up and put it in the baggie and then when I take it out and put it back on I put it on flipping it right side out in the process.
Its works perfectly fine.
At the end of the day I hang it in the hotel room and its dry by morning. tThen I refold and take again.

Last edited:
How much do the rain ponchos cost & do they sell them in the hotels as well? We are staying at BLT.

Thanks!

Just checked the Disney Parks app and they only have youth ponchos on there.
Youth is $9.39+tax so I'm guessing Adults are probably more like $10.50+tax now.
They've gone up a bit since the last time I bought a few years ago.

They sell them at the register of pretty much every gift shop in the parks and at the resorts plus DS.

I've purchased one Disney poncho in 20+ trips, for $9. How many dollar ponchos have you purchased in that time?

Probably a dozen and I think I have a few left. Really I’ve rarely used them. I guess I’ve been lucky in the weather dept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter