How much Disney can you pack into one trip?

global-mouse

Earning My Ears
Why

Living in Australia it is hard to visit Disney more than once every two years, so when we do, we do it ‘big time.’

Cast of Characters

Scott - myself, a self proclaimed Disney fanatic (some would say I suffer from OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I first experienced WDW circa 1974. Family trip, I was 11, we stayed in the Contemporary resort. I didn’t return until almost 25 years later. I helped my parents move from Pennsylvania to Tampa, and as a thank you, they bought me an annual pass to WDW (bribery so that I would visit often!) Working in the hospitality industry, I was fascinated not only by the parks, but the resorts and the way Disney does hospitality. I was hooked!

Several trips and a few Disney cruises later, I moved to Sydney, Australia. A little harder to get my Disney ‘fix’ but the Dis Unplugged Podcast has helped with that.

My trips are no longer the frequent short getaways I had while living in NYC, they are now much more extravagant and immersive (but alas only about every 2 years.) To do it right, I bought into DVC, Bay Lake Tower.

Five years ago Ness entered my life and 4 years ago we were married (not legally, but hopefully same-sex marriage is coming to Australia soon!)

Guess where we spent our honeymoon? NYC / WDW / RCCL Cruise (Allure of the Seas)

Ness – not as obsessed as I am, but a big kid at heart. Loves Disney, especially Winnie the Pooh. First time at Disney was for his birthday, the year before we were married when we were back in the states for my father’s funeral in Tampa. Needed a break so went to Disney for his birthday. Ness was now hooked as well.

Second anniversary, returned to WDW, but this time adding a stop at Aulani in Hawaii, and a Disney cruise (Disney Fantasy). Loved it so much we bought in at Aulani DVC as well. Now that is our usual stop on the way to the US.

This year’s trip

Now that you know a brief history of our obsession with Disney, on to our plans for this year’s trip.

Itinerary

- Hawaii
o Disney’s Aulani Resort​
• 5 days​
• Bringing a good friend with us​
- NYC
o 4 days before and 2 days after cruise​
o Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway​
o Christmas with my sister​
- Cruise – Bahamas
o Quantum of the Seas​
• 7 days​
- Florida
o Disney’s Bay Lake Tower​
• 5 Days​
o Loews Royal Pacific Hotel​
• 2 days​
• Have to see Harry Potter (sorry Disney)​
- California
o Disney’s Grand Californian Resort​
• 3 days​
- Hawaii
o Disney’s Aulani Resort​
• 2 days​

Yes, with travel time it is over 5 weeks. I love the Aussie vacation time.

I plan on doing a LIVE trip report, with plenty of pictures. This post is to set the scene, and in the weeks to come I will post planning details on each leg of the journey.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I need some ideas on things to go and see in Hawaii (we will have a car) and if there are any other hints or tips, please share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter