How much cash do you bring to WDW ?

We usually eat breakfast in our room while getting ready for the day - or we do just coffee/tea in the room and have brunch somewhere
The one TS and one CS during the day - or two CS
No meal plan
So maybe $250/day = $2000 and an extra $500 for incidentals

We would have prepaid for already for HDD and Dining with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby and Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party (I think we prepay for all of it it)

We will do no housekeeping - DH never used it even before the benefits
So maybe we will get a gift card .

$100-$200 in small bills....in case all heck breaks loose and the credit card or gift card machines don't work...

We typically bring about $300 and usually come home with most of it. LOL We use it for tips and little things here and there.

$1,000 for two adults for a week at WDW. (About $750 of it in Travelers Checks)
I'm funny about vacations. I want them paid off when I get back, not a credit card bill waiting on me.
Other reason, I only have one credit card, and I only use my Debit card to get cash at the bank. Just don't want either being compromised while I am on vacation.
Who still issues (and accepts!) Travelers Checks? I worked in a credit union and we wouldn't even issue them anymore, as they were considered obsolete.

For 2 people, I take approximately $900 in Disney gift cards (purchased from Target with my RedCard for a 5% savings). In addition, I take about $300-$400 in cash.

Who still issues (and accepts!) Travelers Checks? I worked in a credit union and we wouldn't even issue them anymore, as they were considered obsolete.
All the WDW sites say they accept them. Certainly not as common as they once were. I did have a (young) bank teller balk at taking one earlier this eyar, she called over the manager who seemed exasperated that the teller didn't know what they were. But they still sell them.
Not sure about my Credit Union, but just seems over the past 18 months that our credit union has lost their way anyway. DD went to buy a car last year and they turned her down for the loan, where the banks had no problem giving her a decent rate loan. She paid it off in 11 months and then bought a house. Again turned down by the Credit Union and no problem getting a mortgage with a bank. When she bought her house, they CHARGED her for a wire transfer of her down payment. If that money had been in her bank account, the wire transfer would have been free. And she was looking to get rid of her credit card with the bank and go with one with the credit union, she was turned down.

I don't really bring any more cash than I normally carry around (~$40). We use our CC for everything and if we need more cash, we just use our debit at an ATM as needed. We do become more conscious of what we have for 1s and 5s for cash tips, but other than that, no different from any other day.

Cash?. What is this thing you speak of? The paper used for barter in the olden days of lore?

Kidding aside, I try to have at least a $20 bill on me when I travel but it doesn't always happen. In addition to that, I have an envelope that I put ones in when I get them and that is my tip money. Usually a few dollars per day if I use mouse keeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter