How much can you get done- MK AM EMH

Miggie

Earning My Ears
I’m considering utilizing EMH for the first time during our AKL stay the second week of April. Having never done EMH I’m not sure how much we can get done/typical wait times. My daughter wants to do Space with her grandparents (with me taking her brother, who is too short, to do Buzz), then switch (I’d go to Space, while they took him on a second ride on Buzz). She then wants to try Peter Pan. My goal, though, is to beat it over to BTMRR at 9 am. Is it possible to do Space Times 2, Buzz times 2 and Peter Pan by 9 am? Seems tight to me, but I have no point of reference. Any insights would be appreciated.

So you wouldn't all be doing Space 2x and Buzz 2x, correct? You'd be splitting up to do that. I think that part is fine but Peter Pan would most likely have a very long line by the time you got over to it. We did Peter Pan during EMH last April. We did it second after 7 Dwarfs (which we got on pretty quickly since we were towards the front of the rope drop crowd) and by the time we got to PP it was already a 25 minute wait and we definitely waited that long!

My guess is you might need to skip Peter Pan, and do that later on with a pre-booked FP+

I think you will either need to head to PP first or skip it like @Tomh said and get a FP for later. Might make the most sense to hit Tomorrowland first then cross over to Frontierland when the rest of the park is about to open and have your PP fp for later.

Thanks for the replies. I’m trying to save the FPs for the Mountains later in the day when DH joins us, but my daughter is insistent on Buzz and PP. Perhaps if I drop Space from our EMH plans and focus on those two instead we’ll have enough time.

My typical EMH morning at MK goes like this: 7DMT, Pan, (teacups or something like that if the 7DMT line wasnt bad) all prior to main opening..then BTMRR, JC, POC ( I know its backtracking but the lines for those build in that order)..Then start FPs- Usually we have grabbed HM, Buzz, Space..As soon as we get in line for JC and POC Ill start refreshing HM to move it to a closer time. Then when we get in line for it do the same with Buzz and Space, rinse repeat until those 3 have been done. Now start refreshing for best FPs available and do whatever you like. Generally you can grab a splash anytime so I just wait on that one. If done correctly, an EMH morning then using FP and refresh can knock out everything by 11AM. On Christmas day we did this and even with the crowds we pulled extra FPs for BTMRR (twice), 7DMT, Space(twice), JC, HM, Buzz, Splash, POC and were done with the park by lunchtime at 1PM.

You could do Buzz and PP during EMH, but, keep in mind, even with refresh, 7DMT can be the toughest thing to get. Ive managed it several trips, but, it takes some work. You can generally refresh and find Space, BTMRR and others all day long and then adjust your times up.

Thanks for the replies. I’m trying to save the FPs for the Mountains later in the day when DH joins us, but my daughter is insistent on Buzz and PP. Perhaps if I drop Space from our EMH plans and focus on those two instead we’ll have enough time.
You could go to pp first then buzz. That way you can save your FPS for the mountains. It’ll be a lot of back tracking though.

As mentioned, PP fills quickly. I would agree, either do it first or get a FP for it later.
If you are riding Space Mountain, then Buzz, by the time you get to PP, you could easily have a 45 minute line.

If we were to do PP first at 8 am, I would imagine we’d have enough time to Winnie the Pooh after. If things go smoothly would it be conceivable we could meet 2 of the 4 princesses? The requests keep piling up from DD (note to self: stop asking people what they want to do).

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

If we were to do PP first at 8 am, I would imagine we’d have enough time to Winnie the Pooh after. If things go smoothly would it be conceivable we could meet 2 of the 4 princesses? The requests keep piling up from DD (note to self: stop asking people what they want to do).

Thanks again to everyone for their help!
You could definitely do pp and Winnie. If you’re hoping to get to btmr before the park opens you might not have enough time to do princesses, but you could just watch the time when you get there and see what you can get done

When we were there last week over Christmas Space Mountain remained a 5-15 minute wait until nearly an hour after park opening, all 3 days. I would do PP first and then go to Space. No all likelihood it will still be a walkon at 30 mins into EMH and beyond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter