How much can we get done before a 10AM ADR

JRatManda

Earning My Ears
We have a 10AM ADR at CRT on a day where MK is set to open at 9:00.
Will we have time to do much of anything if we are there for rope drop?
We're staying offsite, so I'm thinking we might head with the crowds to 7DMT first since I'm unsure we'll be able to nab a FP for it. Just wondering if we would have a chance to hit that as well as Peter Pan before our breakfast time?
Haven't been since 2001, so I'm quite rusty!!!

Two rides. Your pick.

I'd suggest starting over in Adventureland or Frontierland and FP+ing PP and 7DMT.

Unless you are at the front of the crowd 7DMT is probably out and even if you are at the front of the gate crowd the pre-park breakfast crowd will probably beat you there. That line builds up crazy fast. Unless you are going in a high crowd time, you actually can get quite a bit done in that 1st hour. DD has had 10:00 BBB appts more than once. We typically go straight to Peter Pan (most others are running to 7DMT or A&E so the line should still be walk on or less than 10 minutes if you go straight there at rope drop), then to meet Ariel, then on the Ariel ride. Usually we wrap all that up by about 9:20 and still have about 40 minutes before the appointment. Then, it is what DD wants for the rest of that time, usually that is meet stepsisters and stepmother, ride the carousel, and if there is time left tea cups (or Pooh if the line has not built yet). Instead of that we have gone straight to Pooh after Ariel and then tea cups. We have also gone from Ariel to Dumbo and Barnstormer. You really can get quite a bit done in that first hour! The key for us has always been to stay in the Fantasyland/Storybook areas so you don't get far from the castle.

Before our 10 AM CRT ADR we headed to Adventureland and rode Magic carpets, met Disney Fairies and explored Tree house. We weren't even there for rope drop so slightly after 9. My thoughts are why show up early for rope drop, race with with crowds for 7DMT then to CRT. You must likely won't have time for 2 attractions if you do 7DMT unless you are front of rope drop. That would be too hectic for my family. The CRT experience is so unique that its nice to go in with a relaxed feel and enjoy the moment/build up. But if that is your only MK day then hitting 7DMT at rope drop is good idea for shortest waits.

F you head to splash and big thunder it will be dead over there
7dm and a is just crazy at Rd everyone heads that way and leaves frontier land dead same with Adventureland
One morning last may we were the first riders on btm rode it 1 time could have ridden again
We headed over to splash we were the first riders of the day there too and got free pics out of the deal
We also rode splash 3 times before we left
Then over to pirates all before or 10 am space mt fp opened up

It all depends on the season. There were FP+s available 30 days before our trip last week... but not at 7 days...
For 7DMT? Wow! Maybe the sheen has dimmed a bit. (Ok, that's not the old saying, but I can't bring it to mind.)

I would see what FP+ you can get and go from there. I personally would stick to the Fantasyland attractions (it will take too much time to walk to Frontierland and then to CRT). I would try to get FP+ for either PP or 7DMT and RD the one you don't get (chances are good you will get PP.). If you go straight to 7DMT, it may be your only ride before CRT

F you head to splash and big thunder it will be dead over there
7dm and a is just crazy at Rd everyone heads that way and leaves frontier land dead same with Adventureland
One morning last may we were the first riders on btm rode it 1 time could have ridden again
We headed over to splash we were the first riders of the day there too and got free pics out of the deal
We also rode splash 3 times before we left
Then over to pirates all before or 10 am space mt fp opened up
This is always our strategy, and we've been on BMW three times without getting off. Splash three times, even going out not the line again, and down to POTC and Aladdin before any lines build.

I agree with the head to Frontierland crowd - we rode Big Thunder 5 times in a row (didn't even have to get off); then bounced over to Splash for 3 rides. No one seems to start that far back in the park so it is great for rerides of 2 of the mountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter