How much attention did you get from the opposite sex at school?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
Just for fun
Were you one of the people everyone had a crush on or no one had a crush on you or somewhere in between?

Somewhere in between. I had 5 older brothers, all of whom played sports and were pretty popular. I was the smart one, sigh. There were older boys kind of paying attention to me to get in with my brothers and some boys my age or a tad older who thought smart girls were cool/interesting. I don't think I ever even thought about it.

I was Plan B. The person you went out with to make your ex-boyfriend jealous and hopefully get back with him, the person you went to the dance with if Plan A didn't ask you, etc. I was the dating equivalent of The Player To Be Named Later.

Last edited:
Hahaha.. thats a good one. (Zero). I was that totally awkward, nerdy kid (back when being a nerd wasn't considered cool). Now I'm the totally awkward/nerdy adult.. but hey, we're not all perfect, right?

That being said, I had a little trick up my sleeve (actually, it was some crazy comedy of the universe fluke). Winter break, senior year, I ended up in a conversation with one of the more attractive girls at school (total hottie). I knew her through some friends, and a buddy of mine was crushing on her in a big way. So I was hoping to help out said friend, and get him a date (not entire sure how that was supposed to work out). Conversation went really well, and somehow I forgot about bringing up my buddy (oops!). That weekend we went out for coffee, then started dating, etc. I was in WAY over my head. (My buddy liked her friend as well, and she was all too happy to set them up, so that part turned out ok).

We went off to college, and decided to call it quits, as I was going far away. :( . Summer between junior and senior year of college, we ran into each other again. Long story short, we've been together for 20 years, and married for nearly 15.

Its all about the long game. Much like waiting for those bell bottoms to come back into style, there is a window every generation where nerdy/awkward becomes desirable again.

Hahaha.. thats a good one. (Zero). I was that totally awkward, nerdy kid (back when being a nerd wasn't considered cool). Now I'm the totally awkward/nerdy adult.. but hey, we're not all perfect, right?

That being said, I had a little trick up my sleeve (actually, it was some crazy comedy of the universe fluke). Winter break, senior year, I ended up in a conversation with one of the more attractive girls at school (total hottie). I knew her through some friends, and a buddy of mine was crushing on her in a big way. So I was hoping to help out said friend, and get him a date (not entire sure how that was supposed to work out). Conversation went really well, and somehow I forgot about bringing up my buddy (oops!). That weekend we went out for coffee, then started dating, etc. I was in WAY over my head. (My buddy liked her friend as well, and she was all too happy to set them up, so that part turned out ok).

We went off to college, and decided to call it quits, as I was going far away. :( . Summer between junior and senior year of college, we ran into each other again. Long story short, we've been together for 20 years, and married for nearly 15.

Its all about the long game. Much like waiting for those bell bottoms to come back into style, there is a window every generation where nerdy/awkward becomes desirable again.
Awesome story! I saw a gal wearing bell bottoms last week and said that I didn’t know they were back in - she told me they never go out of style! (She was 20 something...)

I dated two different guys in high school, so I was somewhat attached the entire time I was in high school. Fortunately, we parted friends in both cases. I recently came across both of them on Facebook and are friends again. Very nice reconnecting after so many years and hearing how their lives went since high school.

I was on between I guess, but I had a no high school age boy policy and dated guys out of high school when I was 16/17.

In middle-school absolutely none; nobody did. There were 11 of us in my grade and we were all "cousins", either literally or figuratively. AFAIK, not one single one of my peers ever had serious relationships or married hometown boys or girls.

We were all bused off to high school in a city 40 miles away, which is where we got to know tons more kids from the surrounding areas. :tongue: Everybody was pretty interested in the romantic prospects. I wasn't exactly Prom Queen but I did OK - I had steady boyfriends for two of the three years.

I did ok.

Popular in middle school, but not the "it" girl. High school not nearly as popular as I had a steady boyfriend and I didn't do the party scene ... waited for college for that! In college, I went on dates often, but by no means was every weekend full. I can clearly recall many Saturday night visits to Blockbuster, alone. lol

Not Much.

I had a "boyfriend" Freshman Year. We "went out" for about 3 weeks in the fall and then again the spring. Never saw each other outside of school.

Junior year I was talking with a boy for about 6 weeks before school ended. We were never officially going out and again never saw him out side of school.

I meet my daughters' father Spring of my Senior year. He was two years older, so not in school with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter