• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many times have you had COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t directed at anybody; just anecdotal for me and some of the people I know who have had it recently. Many of us are testing positive 2 days after symptoms start and 4-5 days from exposure. I actually tested negative that morning (day 4 from exposure and day 2 of symptoms) and it lit up within seconds that afternoon. So timing on testing does matter in catching it, so if people are only testing once, they may miss it. I also only had 2 days of mild symptoms, none of which lasted more than 1/2 day on their own. Had I not known I was exposed and testing regularly, I would have never thought it was Covid.

For those who truly have avoided it, I commend you! I made it 2.5 years before getting it and the outbreak the size we had in my classroom, it was a total crapshoot on who got it and who didn’t. I was one of the unlucky ones.
It’s one thing I’ll never wrap my head around (and not directed at your, or anybody specific either, just in response to your “total crapshoot” comment mostly)
Some folks take every precaution possible and get it multiple times despite doing it all
Others do nothing at all to avoid it, have known multiple exposures yet never get it (proven by antibody tests, not just no symtoms)
Just really leaves you scratching your head. Or at least does me. Maybe I’m the only one

Once. After we were vaccinated and boosted with Pfizer (my youngest wasn’t boosted yet).

I knew if one of my family got it, all of us would get it. We are super close. I was right.

My dh and adult ds got it at a Judas Priest concert. No masks and next to my dh a drunk verbal slob which is most likely who he got it from. Hopefully they will not get it again at Judas Priest in October.

A day or two later my daughters and I got it. We felt awful for about 5 days but were fine after.

We are going to get our second booster in September. I’m very thankful for the vaccination.

I finally got it last month. We think DH had it, but never tested positive, and gave it to me. DD managed to avoid it, but she really missed hanging we me while I isolated.

Whole family has it for first time, we got it in Disney World a week ago.
8 of my family members were in Disney last week. 5 of them tested positive after they got home. Of the three that didn't get it, two are my parents who just had it in April and probably still have some natural immunity (plus vaccine and two boosters).

Once. November 2020. Sickest I’ve ever been. Now vaccinated and two boosters. Hope to never get it again.

Once, just over it now. I got it in Disney while we were there a few weeks ago. I have heard of so many people getting it while there in June alone, almost everyone I know who went tested positive a few days after coming home.

My oldest daughter hasnt had it at all, which is surprising because she works in a restaurant and was one of the ones chosen to continue working through the shutdowns. I do wonder if she had it in Jan 2020, she was so sick that month with some respiratory thing and wanted to go to the dr which she never does. They gave her a bunch of antibiotics but she was still feeling bad for over a week. She also went to Disney around that time with a friend, I can't remember if she was sick before or after though.

8 of my family members were in Disney last week. 5 of them tested positive after they got home. Of the three that didn't get it, two are my parents who just had it in April and probably still have some natural immunity (plus vaccine and two boosters).

I've been thinking about this more. I had it in early May (only time) and we've got a trip planned for early November. That's 6 months later (my DS and his g/f had it in May also). Another person in our group had over the holidays, so that will be almost a year.

I suppose I might get a booster 4-6 weeks before travel and hope for the best.

Once, just over it now. I got it in Disney while we were there a few weeks ago. I have heard of so many people getting it while there in June alone, almost everyone I know who went tested positive a few days after coming home.

I got it after attending 2 NHL playoff games (had a mask, but didn't wear it the whole time). I work from home so that was really my only "outings" that week. I know SO many friends/acquaintances that got it after attending those same games.

Confirmed, zero. Suspected, twice. Once very early on after returning from a cross country trip, and I was really sick. But testing at that point was still very limited and I didn't qualify so all I know for sure is that I had an unusually bad respiratory virus after coming home from Cali in early 2020. And once this summer, so mildly that I didn't even think about testing until over a week later when my MIL and DH, who had been traveling with us, both tested positive. MIL got pretty sick, which is why she tested, but for DD13 and I it was about 24 hours of the "is it allergies or is it illness?" feeling and since our symptoms and the five-day window had both passed before MIL tested positive, I didn't go looking for a testing site.

1 for all of us, me Thanksgiving 2021 (found out as I was prepping food, we had a LOT of leftovers), DS May 2022, DH & DD 3 weeks ago. We're vaxed, all went to work & school (DS & I both got it from our schools), and traveled regularly. Long ago lost count of how many times we had direct exposure and/or were tested.

Never, that I know of. I certainly haven't been hiding away during the whole pandemic. I am a nurse so worked throughout, have travelled abroad 6 times in the last 13 months, have been to the theatre and cinema multiple times. I followed the rules for PPE but when the rules were eased by the government I stopped using it too. I am triple vaccinated, but as we now know you can still contract it. No idea why I have escaped it, but interestingly none of my immediate family have had it either.

I've now had it twice.
DD (11) once.
DH - zero. Like seriously lived/slept/shared a drink with me both times and nothing. DD was asympomatic the time she tested positive; we only tested because DH had tons of coworkers with it and we all tested. He somehow didn't have it but she did.

DH and I are both vax'd and boosted x 1 (he had Moderna, I had Pfiezer) and DD is vaxed.

Thanksfully neither of my diagnosis was too terrible except for their timing - once was two days before Thanksgiving. The other was 13 days before our cruise.

0 for me, DH and DS both had it in March/April of this year. All of us double vaxxed and boosted.

Well now I am answering this thread, that I ignored before. Vaxxed and double boosted, tested positive 72 hours after arriving in Disney last month. Very mild, but cut my trip short.

My whole family Twice (first time like a cold; second more like a flu for me, but like a cold for everyone else). Once with the original strain in Oct 2000 which I feel protected us from Delta (closely exposed twice at least). Once with Omicron in January 2022 which I feel has protected us from further infections so far (closely exposed at least once and just got back from a crowded Universal Studios). Anecdotal, sure, but I believe natural immunity is helping our immune system with fighting further exposures. We are all unvaxxed. I've read that 7% are naturally immune due to other corona virus exposures or just an immune system that can handle this virus with no symptoms. DD (12 years old) has been closely exposed multiple times (when we were sick and at school) and has never showed symptoms. Her cousin (7 years old) has had multiple exposures as well and has never shown symptoms either. There is also a study looking at genetic factors in severe illness. There are many cases where members of the same family got severe symptoms. It is interesting for sure.

0 for now and hope to stay that way. I was in Oahu last week with my children and their significant other, 3 of them tested positive when they got home end of week. me and my SO are still here in Hawaii and feeling fine.

Reactions: GAN
I did not read all 6 pages of replies. I'm almost certain I had it in February 2020 before it was "officially" in the US. I can't remember even being that sick. My doc treated me for bronchitis and pneumonia with antibiotics that did NOTHING!

Pretty sure we also had it in Dec 2021 but doc didn't test me.

Once. NHL playoff game in early May. Vaccinated and boosted once, it was like a mild cold. Tested negative 3 times on home tests. Work wanted a PCR, positive.

I have finally tested positive this week. One daughter is on her 3rd time, other daughter is on her 2nd and my husband is on his first official positive. My daughter's friend who traveled with us on our cruise had been like Teflon - she had 0 positives for 2.5 years despite hundreds of exposures - we all joked that she was the key to curing Covid - finally tested positive. Of course the worst possible time for her as her MCATs are next week. Hopefully it will be mild and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter