• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How many times a year do you visit WDW?

How many times per year do you visit WDW?

• Once

• Twice

• Between 2 and 4 times

• More than 4 times per year

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disneynut4ever

DIS Veteran
My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for visiting once a year, saying there are more places to visit than WDW. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

We have enough points for about three separate weeks a year, of course I am always in borrow mode. The most we ever went in one year was when we still lived in NJ. We went five times. It was awesome! I think that's what put me into borrow mode, and I've never gotten out.

As much as I love going to Disney, I have to admit we also take at least one other 'big' vacation a year, so we don't just do Disney. Since our move to FL, we travel back to NJ at least four times a year for all the holidays, so we travel quite a bit. Even before retirement, Disney was never our only vacation. Once we went and loved it so much, it somehow just became a given, sort of like taking the kids to the shore every year for a week.

Oops, I voted 2-4X but I realized that with APs, I make them stretch for at least 4 times. (Sorry :sad2: )

Actually, I think I misunderstood you question. You said WDW.... I took that to mean DVC. We actually only go to WDW once every 3-4 years.

We ALWAYS go at least two trips of 9-11 days, and often take a third of at least a week. In the past year, we have had 3 trips of 10 days or more, and have another 12 planned for November.

We have been only going to Disney for a year but I have been 5 times! DS really likes Disney and so do I. DH has been twice.

Our departing airport is Salt lake city and it is 4 hours from our house. We just can't afford the extra $200 to fly out of Jackson hole. Unfortunately, airfare is the biggest expense for us. Also the DDP.

After our next trip we are going to sit down and re-evaluate our travel habits. We are accumulating too much debt and not paying it off fast enough. I am thinking there will no more Disney until the debt is gone! I guess we will bank points.

3 times this year:

May 2007: 8 nights :cool1:
July/Aug. 2007: 8 nights :cheer2:
Dec. 2007: 6 nights :santa:

**It's a 13 hour drive for us from here in Maryland

We do the "skip-year" deal on our Disney trips - buy AP's, go as many times as we can during the year they are active and then wait a year before we do it again. On the last set of AP's we did a total of 8 trips to WDW, with two of them being on a regular weekend. This is with a 12 hour drive each way !

I totaled it up at the end of our last trip and found we had stayed on WDW property for a total of 38 nights. Longest stay 12 nights, shortest 1 night. One 1 night stay was supposed to be 2 nights but our daughter didn't want to miss even a single day of achool so the morinig before we were to checkin we called from the florida turnpike rest/gas/food area 2 miles from I-4 to change the reservation. Went from 1 room / 2 nights to 2 rooms / 1 night , and still kept the AP rate. This was the Expedition Everest preview weekend - had a grand time and knew we wanted to do it again. The second 1 night stay was to see the Holiday Illuminations. Worth the trip also !

P.S. We're DVC owners, and have just added on at AKV. If you think we spent alot of time at WDW last year wait till you see the year coming up !!!

This year we are taking 4 trips to WDW, 3 with children and one adults only for our 30th anniversary in October for a long weekend. Our routine will be changing as our youngest is now a senior in high school and DH and I are hoping to take more shorter trips when DD goes to college.:)

We have enough points for about three separate weeks a year, of course I am always in borrow mode. The most we ever went in one year was when we still lived in NJ. We went five times. It was awesome! I think that's what put me into borrow mode, and I've never gotten out.

As much as I love going to Disney, I have to admit we also take at least one other 'big' vacation a year, so we don't just do Disney. Since our move to FL, we travel back to NJ at least four times a year for all the holidays, so we travel quite a bit. Even before retirement, Disney was never our only vacation. Once we went and loved it so much, it somehow just became a given, sort of like taking the kids to the shore every year for a week.

When you go on your other "big" vacations, do you still use your DVC points?

Actually, I think I misunderstood you question. You said WDW.... I took that to mean DVC. We actually only go to WDW once every 3-4 years.

DVC meaning what? Do you go other places besides WDW using your DVC membership? I am very interested in knowing where others use their DVC membership?

We have been averaging 3 to 4 trips per year if you include Disneyland.

We travel from Connecticut. I'm not sure of the exact mileage.

FWIW, I travel for a living. I have been to every corner of the US, most of the Caribbean, some Canada, and most vacation spots in Mexico.

I have yet to find a place I want to vacation other than WDW or DL. :)

MG

Since we live in West Palm Beach area and we have AP's we go about every 6weeks. I love living so close!!!

Five 5-night stays at DVC resorts plus a couple dozen day trips for concerts and such.

We only go once a year. We almost always fly because it's about a 1,000 miles each way (give or take a few)

this is our first year and we will be taking our 3rd trip in October. After this year I imagine we will go 2x a year. We will slowly build up our points and in 10 yrs when we retire we will try to go to WDW like Dianeschlict thats our goal :)

We make several WDW trips a year. We fly from Milwaukee on Midwest (live in northern Chicago suburbs). We've driven twice, never again. It's just tooooo long for us.
Up until our most recent vacation--last month we drove to D.C. and NYC which cemented the fact that we aren't cut out for road trips--almost all of our vacations have been to WDW (and sometimes we go to DL) since buying DVC in '99.
If everybody loved WDW like we do, we'd never get a reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter