• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many simultaneous jobs have you had?

When I was younger at one point I had was a part time paid firefighter, a part time police officer and a full time armed security officer at a firearms plant.

for one stupidly crazy academic year in college i had a total of 4 part time PLUS 2 side intermittant jobs-

worked 3 hours per day paid at the college daycare (also got college credits for it),

worked 1 hour per day as a paid note taker for a hearing impaired student (a class i was also enrolled in so i was already taking notes for it,

worked 2 hours per day as a paid teaching assistant for college professor (mostly entering grades, filing),

worked 30 hours per week (swings and grave shifts) at a hospital in housekeeping.

side gigs-hired out as a clown for kid's birthday parties (usually got a couple gigs a month), worked inventories for stores (maybe once a month-but it was 10 or 12 hour shifts and they paid quadruple minimum wage in cash plus fed us).

all while going to college f/t (i remember having multiple days off and just sleeping through them entirely).

I worked in one of the campus cafeterias 5 nights a week...

i worked in one too! worst job-cleaning out the soft serve ice cream machine!

Oh the memories you bring back, LOL>

We owned a resort which is full time, 24/7, from April to November. I also worked full time rotating shifts as an RN at the hospital. My husband did the resort mostly, but all my "spare" time was spent working at the resort, so there was no down time for me until November, when I would have just one full time job. We sold our resort and I' m now thankfully retired from the resort and nursing. :) We also were raising teenagers at the time!

Never more than two. But mostly 1 employer but with two very different jobs (Accounting/HR & Ale House management/bartending).

Currently one full time regular job and one side job that pays a monthly retainer but has very little work to do. They pay me just to be the point person "just in case" and to do the couple hours of accounting work that is needed each month.

for one stupidly crazy academic year in college i had a total of 4 part time PLUS 2 side intermittant jobs-

worked 3 hours per day paid at the college daycare (also got college credits for it),

worked 1 hour per day as a paid note taker for a hearing impaired student (a class i was also enrolled in so i was already taking notes for it,

worked 2 hours per day as a paid teaching assistant for college professor (mostly entering grades, filing),

worked 30 hours per week (swings and grave shifts) at a hospital in housekeeping.

side gigs-hired out as a clown for kid's birthday parties (usually got a couple gigs a month), worked inventories for stores (maybe once a month-but it was 10 or 12 hour shifts and they paid quadruple minimum wage in cash plus fed us).

all while going to college f/t (i remember having multiple days off and just sleeping through them entirely).

i worked in one too! worst job-cleaning out the soft serve ice cream machine!
We only had regular ice cream - hand scooped from big tubs - but it was really good - made right in campus!

0. Just the one job which currently requires multiple levels of approval to be able to get a second job, which I don't have time for anyhow.

When I was in graduate school to become a librarian, I worked part-time jobs at 3 different libraries for a while. One was at Microsoft, one was at a federal law library, and one was at a hospital medical library.

I am doing some consulting on the side and have been meeting 5am-7am most mornings before starting my regular job at 8am.

I remember my dad always had more than one job, often three, two full time and one part time.

I’m tired. Not sure how he did so much.
Until Covid, I had three. A full time job, after-school nanny, and every weekend baby sitter.

I had three at one point when I was in college. It was tough, but I really liked all of them.

Long ago when I was a lot younger I had a full time 5 days a week 7:30 -4:30 job as a secretary for Westclox. I also had a part time only on Saturdays job at the same place working in the company store. I think I worked something like 9 to 3 on those Saturdays and I didn't work every Saturday.

I have also occasionally worked as a hostess at my brother's restaurant on Sunday or Saturday mornings just to help him out, I didn't get paid for that so I don't count it as a job.

I had 3-4 part time jobs at a time my first couple years in college as a full time student. But they were all part time, so the hours weren't unreasonable. I worked a couple nights a week at a Chinese Restaurant, I edited and typed papers for other students, I worked at the university newspaper, and I worked catered events for the university on the weekends. By my junior year, I got a more regular job working in the computer lab for the journalism students, and I was able to give up all the other little jobs.

I had 2 jobs at the same time in my younger 20’s.
I had my main job during the day (40 hours a week) and then a part-time job 2 nights a week and Saturdays. I didn’t have to have the part-time job - I had it because it was a job I had since I was 16 and I didn’t want to leave it (I would miss my coworkers and customers).

Never worked more than one job at a time unless you count volunteering.

A best friend worked back to back jobs for approximately two decades at Newark Airport and NYPD :scared:.
In her 30’s, she had an awakening that she wasn’t funded properly for retirement and working around the clock was her solution. Makes me tired just writing this.

We only had regular ice cream - hand scooped from big tubs - but it was really good - made right in campus!

oh gosh the food at the college i attended was so much better than the food court like stuff they had where my dd attended. i remember the made from scratch homemade soups, stews and chili, great baked goods and still warm from the oven rice puddings, old school comfort foods...everything changed at the one i worked for when the college chose to contract out the food services and the companies would opt for whatever was the cheapest cost and labor wise.

When I was in graduate school to become a librarian, I worked part-time jobs at 3 different libraries for a while. One was at Microsoft, one was at a federal law library, and one was at a hospital medical library.

hands down i think one of the best learning experiences in college for my oldest was working in the university library. she was assigned to the archives and a large part of her job over the course of 3 years was digitizing old documents and records of the school/area's history. the time she spent transcribing a collection of oral histories that included women who had attended dating back to the early 1900's was eye opening for her to say the least. listening to the ones done by young men who had started college then left to serve in the world wars and how their military experiences (let alone their experiences traveling outside their small rural communities and being exposed to people from other states then other countries) shaped their lives and changed their educational paths. i feel like it was the best part of her education.

2 part time. I would work from 11:30-4:30 in an office at a local printing company. Then I would rush home and make dinner and head back out to clean offices/restrooms from 6-10 at a nearby factory. Don’t miss those days at all.

5 part time jobs when I first moved to where I live now. I could NOT seem to find a full time position outside of insurance gigs. 3 were in person and 2 were online. Both online had a required time commitment of X amount of hours and you had to do at least 5 days a week. The in person stuff was at a museum during the day and then either a theater or a theater/concert/show venue at night. I mixed those 2 night jobs depending on the show schedules. Sometimes on my off days at the museum I would take a shift at the theater when they had student showings or at the other venue when they had kids shows in the afternoons.

It about killed me. Now I have one job that pays all my bills.

I am presently at 4... I manage 2 different behavioral health practices. Work for an EMR company and consult privately with therapists via zoom.. all mostly remote jobs. I am tired!

I currently have 4 employers... three academic institutions where I teach as an adjunct lecturer... and i also freelance as writer/reviewer for a textbook company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter