How many resorts do you call home?

I have worked to maintain a single home resort and a single use year, so I can maximize my 11 month booking window. I have 510 points across 8 contracts added on across 5-6 years or so.

I have not regretted it at all. One member ID. One banking date, incredibly simple to manage.

This is me, all at AKV

When you stagger your annual trips by a week or 2 ( eg 3rd week august yr 1, 2nd week august yr 2) to get the 2 years out of one pass. Then you go a year ( from the time your pass expires at the end of your second trip) without a pass until you start this over when you travel on August year 3
That's by choice. If you choose to not renew then that would be on you (if Disney is only offering renewals and not new passes). I was simply stating if you have an AP now then as long as Disney keeps renewing current APs (which they have never stopped doing in the last couple of years) then there is no reason to think you can't get one at renewal time.

BWV (696pts), Riviera (204pts), SSR (100pts), & BCV (60pts)
6 Contracts, 4 Memberships, 3 Use Years.
After 20+ years, we know what we like: longer stays in 1 bdrms without moving (& yes, we've tried just about all) :)

Only 2... I want to travel somewhere else... someday. Right now, DVC makes going there a bargain. Our next trip is 450 points and 2.5 weeks (7 days in a 1bed, 9 days in a studio). Where else can you go for $3200 for a 16 day stay somewhere decent???

Last edited:
That's by choice. If you choose to not renew then that would be on you (if Disney is only offering renewals and not new passes). I was simply stating if you have an AP now then as long as Disney keeps renewing current APs (which they have never stopped doing in the last couple of years) then there is no reason to think you can't get one at renewal time.
I understand what your saying but when you renew while only traveling once a year you would be paying for almost a year when your not there. When you stagger and just buy a new pass for a little more then the renewal, your not paying for a pass for the year in between passes. Currently that's not an option. Renewal is great for locals and for more than the once a year visitor . I'm in the boat with @Her Dotness that traditionally travels once a year. Last summer I was able to at least take advantage of the 2 free days tickets.

Only 2... I want to travel somewhere else... someday.
That’s one of the reasons we are resisting addonitis. We like to go other places and if we bought another contract we would feel beholden to do more DVC vacations instead of going other places.

I started out with 1 in 2017 and have added on 3 since then. I buy smaller contracts when I have the cash, as well as to also be able to downsize easier if I only want to trim back one home resort but not sell the full allotment due to all points on one contract.
Poly…155 direct (100, 30, 25)
Boardwalk…155 direct, 25 resale. (60, 60, 35, 25)
Old Key West…125 resale (50, 50, 25)
Boulder Ridge…50 resale (50)

Add-on-itis is real!!! We do book mainly at the 11 month window as we are rhythmic when we go and where we stay.

Three, that is enough for me. I may add on points, but not resorts. At least I don't think so.

Currently 2 - SSR and BWV. Looking to add a third (Poly), as soon as I find the right contract :)

We have 4 home resorts. SSR (2), BLT, VGF, and Poly. We were considering adding on to VGF, but with DVD deciding to roll it all into 1 Condo Association, there is a bit of bad taste in the mouth from an original VGF owners perspective as there will be so much more competition for the Studios in the VGF1 building that I don't think that it's worth it, so we are probably done...

More dollars than sense here (though DVC fixed that problem). VGF, BCV, and BLT for a total of 1134 points in a single use year. We like bigger villas and inviting extended family. The 1000 point club washroom key comes in handy.

2 - Poly & BCV - 5 contracts total
Wish I also owned BWV & BLT but too old (me and DH) to buy more.

The adult DDs love DVC but actually kinda dread inheriting as they think DVC is insanely complicated. (Sometimes I totally agree).

3 resorts in 2 UY:
BLT
VGF
RIV
in the order we bought.

The bulk of our points are in August because of Riviera (we bought in 2019 and we could get Aug 2019 points but Feb points started in 2020). All our resales are grandfathered. And we just switched at 7mo (using BLT points) for a stay at BCV. :D

If we could only stay at those 3 resorts, we would be ok, so far so good on getting to book at 7mo for other stays. We have not tried any non-WDW DVCs though ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter