How Many Pounds Have You Gained After A Disney Cruise?

We normally gain a few pounds after a cruise. The problem we run into is the late night room service and desserts. :rotfl:

I gained 0 on the most recent 14 night Panama Canal cruise, and really ate whatever I wanted. I ate at least 1 dessert every night at dinner, but during the day, I was more likely to eat the yummy pineapple rather than dessert. Always took the stairs, and also danced a lot with the dancers onboard the longer cruises. I find that I'm much more active onboard than in my daily life at home. I do much better at stopping eating when I'm full on the ship than I do at home at restaurants because I feel I need to eat it all since I paid for it.

That pineapple!!! SO GOOD!!! :bounce:

for me the short the cruise the more likely that I will gain weight. On our several cruises of 10 or more nights, I actually loose weight. This is partially due to the fact that I don't have to eat it all at every meal - because I know that there are many, many more very good meals to come. And I have been on over 20 cruises so again, I don't have to eat it all.

On the Panama Canal cruises, with all of those sea days, I typically will walk 3 miles in the mornings on deck 4. That helps a lot. Also living on deck 2 and taking the stairs helps. On some of our other longer cruises (Med and Baltic) - those are so active, long days on shore, lots of walking that maintaining (not gaining or losing) weight is easier.

Took several cruises to figure out that breakfast was killing me. I would take a little of this and a little of that and have an overflowing plate of food, because my "little" wasn't so little. Now I make sure that I do not take a full scoop of anything if I am getting a bit of "everything" - ensuring that a little is in fact little!

Lunches - I try to avoid the buffet. I actually try to avoid having lunch. I will grab a couple of small items of Fruit or a wrap and a couple of sweets from the Cove Cafe (snacks have been free). Infrequently I will grab a soft serve ice cream and sometimes you just gotta have some of the chicken strips - I always ask them to NOT give me any fries, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Unfortunately I'm of an age where eating all of the food on your plate has been ingrained into me because of all of the starving children in Africa and China.

Dinners: I eat what I want. And will order multiple desserts - which bug my wife to no end. I usually will only take a bite or two of the "extra" desserts, again bugging my wife.

Bottom line, listen to your body and cut back on the eating after a day or two.

Have gained less than five pounds per cruise for each of our cruises. Including the 15 night Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder in 2011. We rarely take the elevator, doesn't matter how many floors we have to climb. We get on the promenade deck several times and hike a mile or more. At home when we go to a buffet I skip the salad and fruit and go directly to the entrees. While on the cruise I do fill a plate with greens and fruit first before going for the entree and hold myself to one dessert. I watch myself at the quick service venues, going for fruit and salads also.
For main dining, this is where I don't skimp. I don't order more than one entree but I am not paying attention to the calories, enjoy my wine and order dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter