How many points do most people have?

We started with 200 points at OKW in 2000. A few years later and we have been holding at 460. 260 OKW & 200 BCV.

At one point we owned 570 points. We sold a couple of contracts which brought us down to 405. Just a few months ago, we sold another 100 point BWV contract, leaving us with 305. I was fine when we went from 570 to 405, but I've been kicking myself every day for letting go of the 100 point BWV contract. I don't know what I was thinking and I have a huge case of seller's remorse!

Started with 160 pt in 1998, added 4 contracts over the years we now have 650 pts. Works out well we are a family of 5 and were growing so 2 bedrooms are the norm right now. When we first bought we used to get away with studios, if we get a studio now my kids are like whats with the small room. Yes DVC does spoil them.....lol

We currently own 290. 185 at SSR and 105 at AKV. Especially now with a little one on the way DH and I are talking adding a few more points so we can stay in a 1 BDR for 8 nights every year. Our past habit was to stay in studios and go many times a year. We are thinking between 60 and 110 additional points.

Those of you who go to Disney so often, do you travel to other places as well? What kind of job do you have that is so flexible? DH gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and we still can't fit in (or afford) all the travel we'd like to take in a year.

We started with 180 points in 2006 and are now up to 1300 points. We live in Florida so we don't worry about airfare when going to WDW and we take lots of weekends trips so that doesn't cut into our vacation time. DH and I get 3 weeks a year. We do go on cruises with DCL and travel to other places with Adventures by Disney which has become rather addicting now :rolleyes: We don't use our points for those. We have used them to stay at Disneyland Paris Hotel last year and for this Thanksgiving in Keystone Colorado. Sometimes we'll rent some of our points to friends to help fund the Adventures by Disney trips. When we do travel to places other than WDW we don't worry much about airfare. DH and I are involved in "travel hacking" and make a hobby of accumulating airline miles and points so we will use points and miles for the flights.

We started out with 160 and added a 25 point contract a few years ago. Works out well for us, but heck, we'd love more!

Started with 170 OKW waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1997. Have added on here & there. And here. And there. And there. Anywhere from 25 pts to 100. Now up to 600 total. We now own a house in Celebration, so hardly ever spend them at WDW any more. Using them for GC & DL Hotel in 10 days for the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon. Then borrowing, banking (& begging) for the DVC Members Danube River Cruise next summer............

Started with 170 OKW waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1997. Have added on here & there. And here. And there. And there. Anywhere from 25 pts to 100. Now up to 600 total. We now own a house in Celebration, so hardly ever spend them at WDW any more. Using them for GC & DL Hotel in 10 days for the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon. Then borrowing, banking (& begging) for the DVC Members Danube River Cruise next summer............

Woo Hoo!!! We are on the ABD DVC member cruise in Danube next summer too! See you on board!:D

I just have the 160 - but I use it end of aug for Jambo value studio and can squeeze 14 to 16 days out if it (I also own offsite and use that for a girls only trip in the winter or spring)

I'm very tempted to buy more, but every time I get my M&T, the urge goes away, lol.

:goodvibesStarted with 220SSR Apr UY and added 200SSR Feb UY. Would love to add more but this is comfy right now. Bought all when the Can$ was around par and the state it is in now, cant see adding on. If it was closer I would like to switch the Apr for a Aug or Sept UY, but all is good, it is Disney still.:goodvibes

We bought direct in 2006 with 250 pts at SSR (1 contract with 200 & 1 contract with 50 on the advice of our orig. guide - he said smaller contracts are easier to sell if we ever needed to - esp the 50 pointer). While I have often had cases of the dreaded "addonitis" we have actually been pretty OK with the 250 pts. We are just a family of 3 so 99% of the time use studios...250 pts is enough for approx. 2 weeks / year. We have decided that we really like 10 night trips so we often plan 1 long & 1 shorter trip / year. We have now tried ALL of the DVC resorts except for the 2 newest (VGF & Poly). We will likely try the Poly next summer for 8 or 9 nights & save the VGF for a shorter non-peak time trip to squeeze as much time out of the pts as we can.

Our DS is turning 18 and graduating HS in May then will be heading off to college in mid-August so our trips / travel patterns are likely to change in a year or so. With college expenses adding up FAST for us I am glad now that we don't have more pts to have to pay MF on!!

We bought 150 pts. at OKW in 2000 from Disney, and since have added two contracts (resale, 150 pts. ea.) at OKW & BWVs for a grand total of 450 points. Think we're done.

We started with 230 at OKW in 1992, then added 25 and 30 at OKW in the mid-90's. Added on 100 at BLT in 2009 for our current total of 385. We have since bought a house in Orlando, so no more points for us. Will probably sell the small OKW contracts, but for now we will hold tight.

We have 2 contracts.
240 at OKW - Resale
160 at AKV - Resale

Both have the same use year. Having two resorts allows me to go on two week long vacations every year (Christmas and Easter weeks - Peak times). Buying resale allowed us to buy so many points. Couldn't be happier.

Like many here we started with 210 direct and thought that would be fine. After the 1st trip DH said we were gonna need more points.

Have added on twice, direct and resale. With 470 points we are able to book 3 vacations a year, 2 in studios and once a year in a 2 bedroom with family.

Of course, we want more. If I could just get past my aversion to borrowing......

Started in 1999 with 220 at BWV. At the time DH was 66 years old and I was 52. We now have 920 BWV and 230 OKW. We bought OKW to have the 11 month booking window for GVs, which are a great bargain at OKW. We usually bring family or friends on our trips. Turns out our guests like BWV better so we usually end up using the OKW points to book BWV at 7 months. DH is now 82 and I am almost 68 and we still are borrowing points, renting and transferring points from other DVCers, so I always have a chuckle over posts asking if DVC still works for empty nesters! :rotfl2:

I have 340 spread into 3 contracts, but I need more! As soon as I finish paying DD's undergrad, I am buying a re sale for at least 200 points. 2017 can't get here fast enough :)

Like alot of you I thought 180 pts would be enough. I bought another 150 a year later when I found a resale with the same use year. 330 is just right for us.

We suffer from addonitist. Yes, it's a disease that can only be cured by visiting WDW. pirate:

Started in 1998 with 150 points at OKW. Added on at SSR, BLT, BLT (yes, 2 contracts), BCV, and finally GFV. We are now happy owners of 750 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter