How many people get accepted to DCP their first try?

I got in on my first try, but like any work application, you have to sell yourself.

When they ask you questions on the online application of no maybe, sorta, yes, you ALWAYS pick one of the two extremes (or 1-5 etc). Do not be indecisive. You also have to battle against what is essentially, a computer program. Your online app. goes through a computer that looks for keywords and answers. If you don't fill it out right, you don't get to the next step. Simple as that. If you're ok with stretching the truth a bit, answer the questions with what you'd think they'd like to hear.

You apply to every position possible. Be honest about how you'd like it, as it does ask you, but don't leave any position out. I think my top 3 was ride operations, main gate, and something else. I ended up with QSR. But hey, I got in.

Also, do not knock any of the jobs you haven't tried before. I was in QSR at Rosie's and Eddy's and it sounds like a crappy job flipping burgers, but it was fun. The people I worked with were cool, and time flied because of how busy it stayed. Never a dull moment.

Also sell yourself. You're the f-ing boss. You're the wo(man)! They want you, they need you, this is why, etc.

I got in on my first try, but like any work application, you have to sell yourself.

Also, do not knock any of the jobs you haven't tried before. I was in QSR at Rosie's and Eddy's and it sounds like a crappy job flipping burgers, but it was fun. The people I worked with were cool, and time flied because of how busy it stayed. Never a dull moment.

When did you work at Rosies/Eddy's? My DD is there now (she started in January).

Applied the first day, got a WBI the same night, scheduled my phone interview, did that a week ago and it felt GREAT! So I truly hope I can get in! first time applicant here :)

My DD just got accepted on her first try! She will be in attactions. She is going to audition for Performers. She starts In May!!

My DD got to the phone interview stage on her first try. She was asked how she felt about driving a tram (which she said she didn't think she was comfortable with) and cooking in QS ( she can't cook apparently that skill skips a generagtion). She said she was open to a bunch of other postions but I guess that wasn't what Disney needed to fill.

She applied the second time, got her first pick of roles (transportation) and FA.

I don't think there is a way to figure it out.

Last edited:

I was accepted on my first try for Fall Advantage 2013, and I'm going back this summer for the Alumni Program! I know plenty of people who had to apply multiple times before getting in, and then they became wonderful cast members. Don't get discouraged if you don't get accepted right away, keep trying!

One of my kids was accepted on the first try and the second was just accepted on the second try (first try did get to phone interview). Both kids are very outgoing and had previous Disney related experience working retail at Downtown Disney. The only thing we could figure is that the interviewer just didn't connect well and with so many applicants, that becomes a very important factor.

I know it is important to include more options on the application, but if there are things you simply do not want to do, then don't check the box. Yes, it could mean you won't get the position, but it is a choice for each person to make. Neither of my kids were particularly generous with their selections, picking several things, but leaving several things out as well.

Above all. Be happy and genuine.

My daughter got in first try. She applied, interviewed and accepted all within 10 days! I think she got in because she had lots of work experience (she's worked since she was 16 and all through college) - and she's over 21.

In regards to getting in on your first try --- does it help your odds if you are flexible with the parks? For example, I applied for both WDW and DL, and also said I would be bringing my own car if accepted to the DL program in Anaheim. Is that helpful, or not really a factor? Thank you in advance :)

Fingers crossed dd makes it her first time around for Fall '16. Otherwise, she'll be taking on-line college classes since she graduates in May '16!! Or, she'll just pack up and move there and get any old job the old fashioned way!!! Hopefully, this time next year, we'll be making plans to go to WDW with her so she can start working there! She has said she would even consider janitorial....knew a couple of kids that did that in the CP and they loved it!!!! But she would dearly love to get into some form of entertainment. She'll be working at Six Flags NE in their entertainment dept this summer.

DD applied and was accepted first time. She applied first day, got her WBI complete 2nd day, interviewed on phone a week later. She was accepted the first week acceptances went out. It has been a smooth process so far, but I know people are still waiting to hear back so I know it can be frustrating.

Myself and 4 of my 5 roommates got accepted on our first try. The 5th roommate was not accepted for her first because she only applied for a few roles. It really comes down to what they are looking for at that time, so it's mainly all luck of the draw!

I was accepted on my first try. I wasn't even going to apply until the fall but I noticed the spring application deadline was in a week and so I applied. I had gotten my acceptance email on the day of the deadline to apply :)

Remember that the people you meet on Facebook and Disboards are just a very, very, very small percentage of dcp applicants. Most people who apply to the program don't make it in. At the time that I applied there were about 20,000 applicants that semester. Only 3,500 would actually be granted a position. Housing could fit a little over 7,000 but the other space was reserved for ICP's and Cultural Representatives. There are a lot of people who don't join FB or Dis groups. Most people are won't be open about their acceptance unless they actually got into the program. Not a lot will be open about being rejected.

My rising 8th grader is a huge over achiever and is already prepping herself for DCP. I know people are probably thinking...***? But she actually had to write down an intended major at the end of 7th grade for next year.
As a theatre kid she desperately wants to be Snow White, she will stand in the bathroom practicing the voice and faces. It's very amusing.

I got in on my first try...but that was back in 2004 when they still did on site campus recruiting and interviews.

I did not get in the first try and I was devastated as I practiced my interview responses for weeks. I called the company about 3 times asking what I did/said wrong so I can improve for next time and they wouldn't tell me.

However, I got in the second (and last attempt) time :cool1:

What number did you call to speak to an actual person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter