How many park days are too many?

And if memory serves, based on your previous posts, you’re also not staying at a Best Western. 😉
No, we are usually at the DLH or Residence Inn on Katella. Love that place.

That said, prior to maybe 10 years ago, we were usually at the Residence Inn on Clementine (now Clementine Hotel and Suites) or the Hilton Anaheim. As I have gotten old, I do stay on site more often.

Two full days and two half days should be fine.

As for how many days is too many? We come from Australia so get the 10 day pass and have yet to hit the ‘too many days’ limit. We don’t do open to close, however.

I’ve had 10 day tickets on a few occasions and visited the parks on 7 or 8 of those days. 5 days is not too many imo.
The thing is if you get the 5 day parkhoppers, you don’t have to do open to close every single day. Take a morning/evening/afternoon off and go do something else. We went shopping/to the beach/had a rest/late start during our days over Christmas 2019 so the 5 day tickets were absolutely worthwhile. We really only did open to close on 2 occasions that trip and did other things on long breaks from the parks.
Activities outside the parks and visiting the parks do not necessarily have to be done on separate days.

Our standard used to be 3 park days. We had to move quickly and sometimes only got on the big rides once, but we we're able to do everything we wanted to do. In November, we did 5 park days/6 nights. I think that will be our new standard going forward. Now that our kids are adults, we don't have to do everything together all the time. If someone wants to get up early and make rope drop, they can go. If someone wants to sleep late and meet up later, it's fine. Having 5 days meant we didn't have to rush around or feel like we were wasting time when we wanted to relax. We did a sit-down meal almost everyday, often at DTD. It was nice to leave the busy parks and have a nice leisurely meal. We rarely had sit-down meals on shorter trips since we wanted to maximize our park time. If you can swing a 5-day trip, I would recommend it.

this sounds like my family. Where did you do sit down meals? The one thing that we are struggling with as a WDW long timer is the severe lack of table service at DLR. There doesn’t seem to be more than 1-2 places that have a reasonably large menu that would appeal to everyone - how is this possible with a place that draws 30 million people per year ? .

I’ve had 10 day tickets on a few occasions and visited the parks on 7 or 8 of those days. 5 days is not too many imo.
The thing is if you get the 5 day parkhoppers, you don’t have to do open to close every single day. Take a morning/evening/afternoon off and go do something else. We went shopping/to the beach/had a rest/late start during our days over Christmas 2019 so the 5 day tickets were absolutely worthwhile. We really only did open to close on 2 occasions that trip and did other things on long breaks from the parks.
Activities outside the parks and visiting the parks do not necessarily have to be done on separate days.

Where are people getting 10 day tickets. I see 5 max and when I asked a CM a few years ago, I was told you could not buy more than 5. I would gladly buy than 5 if I could.

Uhhhhhh these responses surprise me!

we are doing 5 full days in October and a half day. 5 days of tickets and an oogie boogie bash day.

we like hitting the parks in the morning and then taking a longer afternoon break and then coming back for dinner and shows! Being able to take time for pictures and go character hunting! Taking time for special meals. We easily tap out a 5 day ticket..

No, we are usually at the DLH or Residence Inn on Katella. Love that place.

That said, prior to maybe 10 years ago, we were usually at the Residence Inn on Clementine (now Clementine Hotel and Suites) or the Hilton Anaheim. As I have gotten old, I do stay on site more often.

Can you tell me more about the Residence Inn? We are trying to decide between that and the Hyatt Regency right next to it. Both have 2 bedrooms suites, which is what we want. The Hyatt has a real nice look to it and has a nice rec area. The restaurants on site look nice too. But the Residence has a full kitchen in the suite and free breakfast. But it doesn't have as nice of a look as the Hyatt. Is the Residence quiet and comfortable?

this sounds like my family. Where did you do sit down meals? The one thing that we are struggling with as a WDW long timer is the severe lack of table service at DLR. There doesn’t seem to be more than 1-2 places that have a reasonably large menu that would appeal to everyone - how is this possible with a place that draws 30 million people per year ? .

We had dinner one night at the Craftsman Bar at the Grand Californian. It's a relatively small place outside next to the pool. We had lunch at Ballast Point and Uva Bar, both in DTD. Reservations were relatively easy to get at all of these places. It was Thanksgiving week and I only booked meals a week or so in advance.

Can you tell me more about the Residence Inn? We are trying to decide between that and the Hyatt Regency right next to it. Both have 2 bedrooms suites, which is what we want. The Hyatt has a real nice look to it and has a nice rec area. The restaurants on site look nice too. But the Residence has a full kitchen in the suite and free breakfast. But it doesn't have as nice of a look as the Hyatt. Is the Residence quiet and comfortable?

They were talking about the Katella Residence Inn which is closer and nicer than the Residence Inn next to the Hyatt Regency. That said, unless the Hyatt Regency is cheaper or you have Hyatt status, I would pick the Residence Inn Garden Grove over it. If you have the money to spend on nicer hotel meals, it would be better to pick the Convention Center Marriott, Convention Center Hilton, the JW Marriott or Westin over the Hyatt Regency.

Where are people getting 10 day tickets. I see 5 max and when I asked a CM a few years ago, I was told you could not buy more than 5. I would gladly buy than 5 if I could.
Pre covid, residents of Australia and New Zealand could purchase a 10 day Disney Vacation Pass from Travel agents, basically a 10 day parkhopper. The cost difference was around 5% more than a 5 day parkhopper until about 2018 when the cost difference was more like 20% or 30% so you needed to be in the parks at least 7 or 8 days. That’s why we got 5 day hoppers for our last trip (Christmas 2019), we were only in Anaheim for 6 nights and the 10 day passes were not worth it to us for that trip with the recent price rises.

I generally do 3 or 4 days, but I have a MK and go about 4 times a year.

We stay at the Residence Inn on Katella, about a 10-15 min walk to the park. It is next to a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, which we like, and a CVS. Comes in handy. If we do too much shopping, it is a $5+5 tip Uber ride back. The place is quiet, and the staff does a great job keeping the place clean. Breakfast is served 630-930 I believe and you can grab and go also. Rooms are very comfy and great for a family. We like the 2 bedroom suites ourselves. And the pool area is really nice. We've gone out there with friends just to have some chat time.

I generally do 3 or 4 days, but I have a MK and go about 4 times a year.
This is me as well. I prefer multiple 3-4 day trips per year to an extended stay. I just get tired out if I'm there too many days at once and the magic dims significantly. But I've been going all my life (and that's multiple decades). I'm really there more for the atmosphere, entertainment and meeting friends/socializing. I love the rides but they're actually secondary to the overall experience.

I’ve never regretted a 5 day trip, and generally do 9ish AM to close. I’ve also spaced my trips out to an average of every other year so having the most time available helps with the time away. I’ve done shorter trips before, however those have mostly been solo trips so I’m hitting just my personal favorite attractions and experiences, rather than the family’s.

For us,

-3 days is doable, but you might be skipping some things or rushing to get it all in
-4 days is enough time to see most things at a leisurely pace
-5 days is enough to really take your time, soak up the ambiance, and make sure you hit your favorites a couple extra times.

Thanks everyone. We have decided to do 4 days/4nights at DLH. Then head down to Huntington beach for the weekend and stay at the Hyatt. Arrival day won't be a full day so CA, 2 full DL days, and last full day CA. I will have to try and convince DH we need the hoppers but i may have already pushed the limit with DLH.

I think that’s a great plan. Does anyone know if there is a workaround that would allow them to just do park hoppers for one or two days and not all four? Could they essentially buy two single days and two hopper days on a different reservation?

I think that’s a great plan. Does anyone know if there is a workaround that would allow them to just do park hoppers for one or two days and not all four? Could they essentially buy two single days and two hopper days on a different reservation?
They could buy 2 sets of 2 day tickets. But, it’s still $60 for the hopper add on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter