How many of your children prefer the cruise to WDW?

Which does your child prefer?

• Definitely the cruise, definitely

• Give up my rides are you crazy?

• Both equally, why do you think they developed land and sea vacations?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tiiiigergirl

<font color=red>Had to be rolled out of the restau
It never ceases to amaze me that whenever we ask our son if he had to choose between the cruise and WDW he always picks the cruise. We always try to do a couple of days at the parks in addition but if we had to limit it to just one all of us would pick the cruise.

Hi!

Our very first cruise was a combination 4 night land (Contemporary Tower) and a 3 night sea. As soon as we left port, Michael (then age 5) looks at us and says, "You can keep Disney World, this is what I like!"

We will be on Cruise #5 in 3 weeks and he still says the same thing!

I thought he'd enjoy Disney at Christmas so we did a 3 night land (Polynesian) and 4 night sea, but he complainted the ENTIRE time about just "wanting to get back on the ship!"

I guess WDW is out for a long time but the DCL is in!

Rae

My kids are Disneyed out also. When I ask them which one they like better, the parks or the cruise. The cruise wins hands down. Not even close.

Joanna

Wow! I have to say Im surprised by the results so far. Considering most people here are die hard cruise fans, I wonder if you posted this on the Theme Park or Community Board if the results would be different.

BTW, I didnt vote because my kids havent been on a cruise since they were very young(8 months and 3.5), so the fact that they have had a better time at the parks(being older) doesnt really prove they like the parks better. Its just that they have had more experience there.

Camcolt...My kids are 11 and 7 yrs old. We have been on one cruise. I can't even say if we have been on many their vote would change as we would see different ports of call or if even if they are the same the excursions would be different, where as my kids say the Magic Kingdom doesn't really change much.

Joanna

We did the land/sea package 2 years ago and when we asked our kids (6 & 8) if they wanted to do that or the 7 night cruise for our next trip they both wanted the 7 night cruise. So guess where we are going???:rolleyes:

We live about 3 hours away from Disney World and stay there around 26 nights a year at the Yacht Club, so after the last 4 years, we're about Disneyed out. Of course, my 2 boys aren't though! We took our first Disney cruise, a 4 night in July 2002, followed by another 4 night in January 2003, and are about to set sail on our first 7 night on June 7, 2003. As you can see, we're now completely hooked on cruising. (Of course I hate that I started out on Disney, because now I won't want to do anyone else!) When I asked my 13 year old son which he like better, he wanted to know why he had to choose! He said that while he loves, loves, loves, cruising, he wouldn't ever want to give up Disney World. So I guess we're blessed with having both choices! Of course, I'm not a fan of doing Disney prior to the cruise, when we id that last summer, I was way to tired to enjoy the first night of the cruise and was in bed way before my kids!!!
Carolyn:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Although DD8 loves the parks if she had a choice she would take the cruise hands down.

I think she enjoyed the cruises because they were more relaxed and she had more free time.

Our teens still enjoy the parks....but for overall vacation fun the cruise wins hands down. We have been to WDW over 30 times with them and been on DCL 7 times with #8 in May. They would rather be on the cruise than standing in hot, long lines!!!

MJ

Definately the cruise!! We book a couple days pre cruising because we go in Nov. or Feb and don't want to get snowed in with our Chicago weather. DD's 13and DD10 prefer to hang by the pool unless we go to MGM. We had 2 days after our cruise last time(we adjusted do to the Magic cancellation) and it was nice to not have to rush to the airport and go home after being on Castaway Cay the day before.

We did the 3-days land/4-night cruise in Dec. 2001. DS (then 9) loved the magic of both but has not asked when we're going to WDW again. He has asked to cruise again (note that he will be getting his wish). He still says that was the "best vacation ever"! This is coming from a child who has been to WDW 5 times.

My kids definitely like the cruise better! They don't even care to go to the parks anymore. They don't like the lines, walking, etc. Fine w/ me as I don't go on the "wild" rides anymore. I wish I could have experienced cruising when I was a kid/teen. What an experience. So far their favorite vacation. Never heard any one of them tell me they were bored or had nothing to do! Something for everyone, even Mom and Dad!

I got a great deal on an "all inclusive" Beaches vacation for spring break April 2004. DD13 and DD10 want to go on another DIS cruise. That will be their 4th in 4 years!!!!

Although it surprised us, and the kids do love WDW, when given the option of a 7 day cruise with no time at WDW (and no time planned for a visit there in the near future) they jumped at the cruise without hesitation.

I think with the busy lifestyles of teens these days they are looking forward to a chance to just spend some time hanging out.

Deb

Could the cruise be more attractive to our children because we become more fun and relaxed in the atomosphere were we don't have to worry about driving places, waiting in line or what/when is dinner?

I think that has a lot to do with it in our case and being older parents (52 and 47), the cruise is more restful for us with our little fireball (7)!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter