• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many of you stay from open to close?

We do, but that usually involves a sit down meal at some point to rest a bit.

We usually do rope-drop (or close to it) and stay for a couple of hours until it starts getting too busy. Then we go back to our resort and grab a bite to eat and relax for a bit (nap). Then we will go back later in the afternoon/early evening.

If it's adults-only, I happily do rope drop to close every day I'm able, which is most days. Could be all at one park per day, or it might be rope drop at one then park hop to the other to close it out, but I like to take full advantage of my very limited time when I get to WDW or DL.

If I'm with kids, it's very much "play it by ear", although we were able to stay rope drop to close one day at MK with my older son back when he was one year old on our last trip. It was a magical day and evening, for sure, but I don't ever expect that with kids. And it was also just a day and a half in the parks, so we weren't concerned about him being exhausted the next day.

We usually do rope-drop (or close to it) and stay for a couple of hours until it starts getting too busy. Then we go back to our resort and grab a bite to eat and relax for a bit (nap). Then we will go back later in the afternoon/early evening.
our strategy as well.
If it isn't too crowded then we may stay in the park and leave after the night time show.

I do, but I’m not running around the parks open to close. I like to take lots of park bench breaks and just enjoy the environment while sipping on a coffee.

My family of 6 was there in August for 10 days in the park plus Boo Bash- youngest was 7 y/o. We did rope drop-close on most of those days. And we are usually there 1 hour before official park opening. If a park closes at 9pm, sometimes we would leave at 8 or 8:30, especially if we had an early morning the next day. The morning after the Boo Bash we had Epcot reserved and we arrived around 10:45 instead of at rope drop. It's just how we do Disney! Usually feeling like we need a vacation when we get home, haha. This was the first time we didn't have a sit down restaurant reserved every day, but toward the end of the 10 days we were booking more last minute table service that we hadn't planned prior to the trip.

We hit the parks first thing in the morning and are there when they open. We usually stay for 4 hours or so. We go back to the resort swim and hang out. We go to a park for dinner and the evening show. Sometimes the same park, sometimes a different one.

In the past, we’ve always done rope drop, then an afternoon break/nap and to another park in the evening.

we’ll be there a lot more than in the past (I think it will end up being about 20ish days over 3 trips), so I think we may change our strategy a bit to enjoy the hotel and have a bit more of a relaxing trip. But it definitely won’t be ripe drop to close!

We can't hang anymore. When we'd go in our early 20s, we could do rope drop to park close but not anymore. It's just not our style and not worth it to us. Simply too exhausting. And now, we have a toddler - he may be able to handle it but I ain't gonna find out! :scared:

Never have never will.

Trips from 1978- 2021.

Just too much. I can’t enjoy it I I’m pooped.

That’s why we stay on property. Early and late with mid day break.

Also we love resort exploring, pools, bars, shops, boat and skyline riding for fun.

Did I forget to say NAP? Sometimes it’s required 😂
Yep - with the new EMH and EEH we’re all about that mid-day break. Grab food at a resort or drive through, hang at the pool, go back after dinner. We’d rather miss the morning than the evening if we have to choose.

Never have never will.

Trips from 1978- 2021.

Just too much. I can’t enjoy it I I’m pooped.

That’s why we stay on property. Early and late with mid day break.

Also we love resort exploring, pools, bars, shops, boat and skyline riding for fun.

Did I forget to say NAP? Sometimes it’s required 😂

We do the same. Try to hit the parks for rope drop, then leave for an afternoon break at the hotel. Followed by back to a park for dinner & fun in the evening. Do we get on every single ride? No. But for us, we just have a better time when we do it this way. And after 2 consecutive park days, we've found that we need a day off...or, at least, a day where we all sleep in and have no plans until late afternoon.

Oh, and naps daily are a must. Haha!

We do the same. Try to hit the parks for rope drop, then leave for an afternoon break at the hotel. Followed by back to a park for dinner & fun in the evening. Do we get on every single ride? No. But for us, we just have a better time when we do it this way. And after 2 consecutive park days, we've found that we need a day off...or, at least, a day where we all sleep in and have no plans until late afternoon.

Oh, and naps daily are a must. Haha!
My dd is now 26. At 11 we did our 1st mom n me. That girl does not care how late we are up the night before ! Rope drop is required.

At least I get a nap if I’m good😂

We no longer live near each other so it’s easier to meet in Orlando. A quick flight vs hours of driving.

I still remember the old Wdw commercial. A mom and daughter holding hands running through MK. As they pass a glass window the image reveals the daughter with mom who looks the same age as daughter, I feel that EVERY trip with dd.

It’s my best life! I get to be her age every trip. We do what she wants, I suck it up and do 30000 steps a day. I spend $$. It’s worth it. Soon she’ll be married with her own family, not today, today she’s still my little girl. ❤

This will be our 4th family trip - from when the youngest was 3 to now when she is 18. We missed some years waiting for Star Wars to open. We have always been a rope drop to close family. I feel like I might be the weakest link this time around, my bed time is early these days. That's how I made our plans for our upcoming trip so we'll see how we all feel around day 3 or 4.

We rope drop and then head back to our resort for lunch and a swim (and in the case of this middle-aged mom - a cat nap) and then head back for a few hours till we again return to our resort for dinner. But this was when we had a DVC with a full kitchen and a car. When our next trip rolls around in May 2022, it might play out a differently as we will be in a Studio (no kitchen) and possibly relying on Disney transport. In any event, I don't think I would survive open to close park days - it's too much and I get too overstimulated.

We always hopped, and usually took extended trips (8-12 days), so most of the time we were not in the same park from start to close. However, we would usually do this once in MK per trip. MK is the one park where we never felt we needed a break. On our last trip, which was Thanksgiving week in 2018, on the Sunday before the holiday, we did it.

We love both rope drop and late night at MK. AK is the only other park we enjoy rope dropping. Epcot and HS are best enjoyed with mid-day or late afternoon arrivals.

On our recent, long weekend trip we did full days at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios back-to-back. It was a lot. Exhausting. Sore feet, swollen knees. But we were happy. I wouldn't do it with kids. If I was there for a longer trip I would alternate early days and late days and rest days.

All day for us. We stay off-site now but also tended to go wire to wire more often than not when we stayed on site. Our feet pay for it big time and leaving MK for the TTC via the ferry boat is not a pleasant experience. Just a crazy herding process. No trams in the parking lot makes no sense either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter