• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many miles are you planning to travel over Christmas?

We went to my MIL’s today. She lives about 90 minutes away. Everybody else I will visit is local. No trips this holiday season, either.

I’d guess between 10 and 15 miles.

ETA: Mom was right!! Older sister lives in the boonies 😂
She is 25.6 miles away from my front door.
Must ask her if her passport and shots are up to date next time she visits….

Last edited:
It's 4 miles to my daughters house for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day I'm the host.

My dd is coming to us for lunch Christmas Eve. Going out Christmas Eve with the rest of the family. Christmas Day home - laying low - DH is having surgery two days later. Prep and prepare.

Not trying to be a Donnie Downer for anyone traveling this week, but in my 59 years rotating around the sun, I've taken exactly one vacation spanning Christmas Day, and hated it. Visited my sister in NYC the week before and the week after (even over New Year's) on several occasions, and had a great time, and have been snowboarding/skiing numerous times as well, but just feel that being in my own home in front of my own tree and my own fireplace on Christmas Morning is much better.

Driving from Philly to Florida (my in-laws) so about 935 each way. If you pray, pray for no traffic. Of course not a priority prayer. Just a little if there's a little pixie dust left over.

Round trip probably about 20 miles... well double that because we will be making the trip twice... once on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas :rotfl2:

Zero. Husband is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow. It will be a low key Christmas, which is fine.

500 miles there and 500 back. :drive:Leaving on the 22nd and coming home on Boxing Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter