How many getaways/vacations do you have planned?

2 international trips booked over the next 5 months. At least one other domestic trip (involving flying) beyond that. We will see what other big trips we want to do next year.

Atlantic City for four nights midweek in October. Used to go multiple times a year, haven’t been since 2016. Excited to go back to see the changes.

Houston for thanksgiving. Visiting family, but going to make a vacation out of it to with sightseeing. Will go to Dallas for a night to see a hockey game and sightsee Dallas for a day. Probably head to Galveston while we are there too, as well as the space center.

Richmond for Christmas. Once again, family. This trip will just probably be visiting though.

Colorado in June. Have some hotels booked, and a tentative plan but really just in the beginning stages of planning.

Labor Day Weekend - Williamsburg, VA
October 19-30 - WDW
Thanksgiving - Williamsburg, VA
Christmas - Williamsburg, VA
Presidents Day Weekend - Williamsburg
May 11-21 - WDW

As you can see, Williamsburg is my goto when not going to WDW. It is just a 3 hour drive away and I have lots of timeshare options there. Also, Colonial Williamsburg is great and Busch Gardens is a very inexpensive alternative to WDW. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is similar to Epcot in that it has various lands that are like European locations. They also have lots of festivals through-out the year. Labor Day Weekend falls in their Octoberfest.

WDW in a week, for 5 nights
October, Asheville NC then Dollywood (Harvest and Halloween)
November Dollywood (Christmas)
December DCL Merrytime Cruise and WDW for NYE
That‘s it in 2022.

Last edited:
I think answers will vary greatly by what kinds of trips folks like to take and their associated costs AND how much vacation people get. AND many have a very set budget for vacations and that determines if you can do many smaller ones or maybe just one big one.

We are fortunate to be able to vacation much more than others. I do it on as tight a budget as I can because I'd rather go more often. If I just count it in terms of when just I and DS#1 left primary home for enjoyment/vacation, 2022 = 8-9 weeks.

We're heading into a weird transitional phase with DD14 starting public high school next month with all the vacation time constraints that brings and DD21 still up in the air as far as her plans after graduation in May, so I don't have a lot planned for the coming year. In various stages of booking but pretty much set in stone, we have:

Disney World over Labor Day
Chicago in mid-Sept
London & Paris in March
Route 66 road trip (solo) in May
San Francisco for DD's graduation in May

I'm 100% sure I'll add at least one up north weekend because I'm dying to get in some trail time in my new ride before the weather turns cold, but I'm not sure when. Everything else is going to have to wait and see how the year unfolds.

Sept - 8 nights in a cabin in TN. Meeting our DS, DDIL, and granddaughter who will be turning 1. Yay! We don't see them often since they are 500 miles away. We were supposed to meet them at WDW, but they are not ready to travel that far with the baby yet.

Cancelled our 2023 WDW trip, so planning a week on the Chesapeake Bay (staycation so DH can fish), another week in the mountains of TN, and lots of NC/VA weekend trips.

Fall 2022 - several weekends to watch my DD19’s college games

Spring 2023 - Florida to watch DD19’s college games. Also other weekends traveling to watch her play

June 2023 - Mother / Daughter trip to WDW

We had a Mexican Riviera cruise in March over spring break, then Hawaii for 2 weeks this summer. Next is 12 days for HHN for me (DH will come for long weekend) and to see middle kid who goes to UCF.
November-back to Orlando over thanksgiving to Universal for a few days, meet up with our ex neighbors (love them but they moved away) see both UCF kid and other daughters new house in Gainesville (and see grandkid as I had covid during our week we get him over the summer this year )
Next year-need to stay closer to home-our timeshare week for Hawaii is in October but that’s a hard travel month, especially as it’s our last kid’s senior year and in marching band season and fall musical time so will likely back it. Probably Florida with a beach trip, universal days and visiting dtr/family in Gainesville next summer.
2024-Hawaii March, DS wants a Disney trip for graduation trip so will be planning that!
Our 30th anniversary is next august and we’ve talked about an Alaskan cruise-if we skip Hawaii then maybe…
We live 40 minutes from Branson and I really want to get back to Silver dollar city for Christmas this year-especially if all the kids come home.

Two currently:

5 days in early November in Cancun with my wife for our 25th anniversary.

A week in Costa Rica with our boys right before Christmas.

I might be going with my wife down to Orlando in mid-November when she has a work trip.

I don’t have anything planned right now, but my family has over $600 in travel vouchers we have to use by the end of April, so we’ll be flying somewhere before then. We’re thinking of flying to Florida for spring training but we’ll see.

We are headed to Universal Studios for 5 nights in January. Our next trip will be summer of 2023, depending on where we can get the most bang for our buck with miles and points we have earned.

None really planned with dates, but we're going to spend a week at the Oregon coast in the late fall, and again maybe in early spring. I want to go on a cruise to Alaska, but DH isn't comfortable getting on a ship yet until we've seen what happens with a few more covid strains. He's not usually claustrophobic, but he doesn't want to get stuck in our cabin.

Two officially booked - WDW this upcoming Labor Day week for our ‘honeymoon’ and then Daytona Beach next April for Jeep Beach Week.

There will most likely be a few long weekend off-roading trips throughout the year as well, but traveling isn’t as easy/quick/affordable as we wish it could be with two large dogs to also find accommodations for haha

I'm sitting in our RV right now in a county campground in Decatur, Alabama. It sits near the Tn. River, hubby is working in Athens, Alabama. The dog and I take a walk/hike every day down to the river. There is a water park there as well but I'm not doing that.http://www.pointmallardpark.com/?utm_source=WAAY&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_campaign=Point+Mallard+PPC-SEM

We get home on Thurs. and I leave Sunday for a week at WDW, staying at BWI and coming home the next Sat.

A few days after we got home, we are taking the RV down to south Georgia to hubby's parents house to combine a trip to see them and doing some much needed work on the RV. Probably stay there close to a week.

Mid-Sept. we have a long weekend trip with the RV to Chattanooga (again hubby working). The campground sits next to a small mountain which the dog and I hike. There is also a really cool cave there which the offer tours of. That will be Thurs. thru Mon. https://www.raccoonmountain.com/

A week after that we leave for Bradenton, FL for a week. Again, hubby working. We will stop for one night mid-drive in south Georgia both ways. The campground is on a farm property that has a cute little petting zoo, farm stand and store. The dog and I will take long walks there. https://koa.com/campgrounds/bradenton/ https://eaglesroostresort.com/

We think we will be going to Savannah (with the RV) at some point maybe in Nov., again for hubby's work and the dog and I will do whatever. That will most likely be a long weekend.https://www.covecommunities.com/rv-resorts/georgia/creekfire-resort/

At some point next Feb. we will take the RV to Albany, GA for a longish weekend (again hubby working)https://www.albanyrvresort.com/gallery

Probably next April or May I will be going to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter