How many games consoles have you ever had?

Me: none
My husband: Like, all of them (I’m not kidding. There’s one (NeoGeo or something like that) that he didn’t have because it was super expensive… but, they’re kind of “his thing.”

As a kid through the end of single life
Atari 2600
Original Nintendo
Sega Genesis (still have it)
Sega Saturn

After getting married and having kids
Nintendo 64
xBox
xBox 360
xBox X (or is it S? I can't remember, it's broken now)

When Microsoft Flight simulator released in 2020
First gaming PC

I still have all of mine - some were acquired later, but I have:

Atari 2600 VCS
Atari 5200 (not working)
Atari 7800 (not working)
ColecoVision
Intellivision & Intellivision II (same console but consmetically different)

Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Genesis & Model 2
Super NES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
WiiU
Switch

NES Classic (hacked)
SNES Classic (hacked)

I also have avast collection of Nintendo handheld units:

Game Boy
Virtual Boy
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
Ninendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
Nintendo 3DS
3DS XL
New 3DS

My parents never got me a console when I was a kid. I do remember the Atari Video Computer System (aka the 2600), Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, etc. I even remember a friend who had a Nintendo console that was imported from Asia and wasn't NES compatible. I think it might have been the Family Computer, which was the basis for the NES. I played games on my Apple //c but mostly used the keyboard for controls. I did get an Atari Lynx with money I earned during a summer/part-time job. That was way better than a Game Boy other than eating batteries like crazy. I used NiCads or a power adapter.

The first console I ever had was a Nintendo 64 in the Star Wars Episode I Racer pack. I remember getting laid off soon after I got it with plenty of time to play it between going to job interviews. I also got a South Park game and a few really bad games. But this was the original set I got:

s-l1600.jpg

I got an Xbox 360 (with Kinect) from a friend who worked at Microsoft. That thing was dangerous to loose objects in my living room. I think he also got me one game, but for the most part I didn't play it much and it's collecting dust somewhere. I'm not really much on console games.

Intellivision, Sega Genesis, N64, PlayStation, Game Cube, PS2, Wii, WiiU, Switch, Xbox-Husband and son have had many iterations, and quite frankly, I've had almost every type of Gameboy. I never owned an Atari of any kind, sadly.

Intellivision, Sega Genesis, N64, PlayStation, Game Cube, PS2, Wii, WiiU, Switch, Xbox-Husband and son have had many iterations, and quite frankly, I've had almost every type of Gameboy. I never owned an Atari of any kind, sadly.

I remember a family friend had an Atari 400 home computer. It was kind of odd because it had this membrane keyboard, although it had ridges for each key. But it was different because it also accepted cartridges that could be games or data ROM, and they had Centipede.

My first was a Nintendo, since then I've had a lot:
Nintendo
Gameboy Color
Gameboy advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
Gamecube
Wii
Switch
Switch Lite
PS 1, 2, 3, 4, 4 Pro, 5
PSP
Xbox
Xbox 360
Oculus Quest 2

I also have an AlienWare gaming computer. The PS5 was technically a Christmas gift for my husband but we all knew who it was really for :rotfl2:.

I remember a family friend had an Atari 400 home computer. It was kind of odd because it had this membrane keyboard, although it had ridges for each key. But it was different because it also accepted cartridges that could be games or data ROM, and they had Centipede.

The 400 was the lower end model of the 800 - good for kids though. Those Atari 8-bit computers were great machines though! I think teh 400 lacked the expandability, but you could have kept an 800 viable for a more than a decade with ram upgrades. Sometimes I think about buying an old Atair 8-Bit, though I think the 800XL is the best unit to get. I kinda dig the chonky, 70's aesthetic of the 800 though.

Over my lifespan, have had the following;

Atari 2600
Commodore Vic 20
Colecovision Adam
Gameboy
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
Playstation 3

Of those last three, I have probably played them a total of 10 times. Only have the PS3 to this day and it is *rarely* used to just play Blu Ray movies.

I personally have had a game boy and a nintendo DS.
I think that my husband has had at least one of every version of every game system ever released to the general public since the first Pong console. And multiple of many of them.

Sega MegaDrive Mk.1
Sega MegaDrive Mk.2
Sega MegaCD Mk.1
Sega MegaCD Mk.2
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn
N64
Dreamcast
GameCube
XBox
Wii
WiiU
XBox 360
XBox One S
Nintendo Switch Lite
PlayStation 4 Pro (White)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter