How many days?

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going to Tokyo Disney in 2024 and are wondering if 2 days are enough or should we do 3 and park hop that 3rd day.

It’s been several years since I’ve been but I would say 3. Use that extra day to catch whatever you couldn’t get to the first day, accommodate for ride closures, rain-outs, and to go back and grab that souvenir you decided you do actually need. Having an extra day will alleviate some stress from feeling like you must get it all done on the first day. When I went, we did two days in each park and there was enough to fill the time without feeling like we were moving at an exhausting pace. Plus, I think more attractions have opened since then.

I only did 2 days (1 day in each park) and I wished I had an extra day. Not necessarily because I missed anything (I didn't do Sinbad which was a mistake in hindsight) but because I wouldn't feel pressured to get it all done in 1 day. I didn't feel that in either park even with only 1 day for each as I skipped a lot of rides that already exist in the US parks such as Big Thunder, Toy Story Mania and Buzz Space Ranger Spin but it doesn't hurt to add an extra day. I didn't get to go into any of the gift shops in Disneysea due to massive lines so next time I go I would like to actually see them lol

Also something to keep in mind is that the new expansion in Disneysea has a good chance of being open when you go so that'll definitely drive up crowds and you'll maybe want to add an extra day just to see everything there.

I suggested only doing three days on our second trip so we could spend a day at Universal while we were in Osaka. My kids said no, let’s do four days at DLR.

I suggested only doing three days on our second trip so we could spend a day at Universal while we were in Osaka. My kids said no, let’s do four days at DLR.
My daughter would say the same lol. She doesn't even want to do Universal in the US if it takes time away from Disney

3 days for sure. I just got back and did 4 days (2 at each park) which was perfect - although I didn't do everything, I did most of the main attractions on the first day at each park and that left the second day at each park for a more relaxed wander, doing the smaller attractions and taking in the atmosphere and entertainment. You'll have a great time with 2 days, but 3 would be much better. Bear in mind that at the moment you can't park hop - you can only buy 1-park 1-day tickets. Hopefully that will change by the time you go!

3 days for sure. I just got back and did 4 days (2 at each park) which was perfect - although I didn't do everything, I did most of the main attractions on the first day at each park and that left the second day at each park for a more relaxed wander, doing the smaller attractions and taking in the atmosphere and entertainment. You'll have a great time with 2 days, but 3 would be much better. Bear in mind that at the moment you can't park hop - you can only buy 1-park 1-day tickets. Hopefully that will change by the time you go!

In terms of "can't park hop", you can buy two tickets for the same day to visit both parks. It's currently cheaper to buy 6 tickets at the peak price for Tokyo than it is to buy a 3 day park hopper for Disneyland in California.

In terms of "can't park hop", you can buy two tickets for the same day to visit both parks. It's currently cheaper to buy 6 tickets at the peak price for Tokyo than it is to buy a 3 day park hopper for Disneyland in California.
Understood - I actually started to write that but deleted it as I'm not sure how that works (practically) at the moment. I bought my tickets at the hotel, which was limited to one ticket per person, per day so I don't think I could have done that. If you buy online I don't know whether it lets you buy two tickets for the same day with the same name, as I haven't used that option yet.

Understood - I actually started to write that but deleted it as I'm not sure how that works (practically) at the moment. I bought my tickets at the hotel, which was limited to one ticket per person, per day so I don't think I could have done that. If you buy online I don't know whether it lets you buy two tickets for the same day with the same name, as I haven't used that option yet.

My understanding is that you can just buy the tickets in separate transactions in most places and each sales venue has their own inventory. So if you bought from the hotel, they wouldn't know that you also already bought tickets from someplace else. Did every single ticket have to be tied to a unique Tokyo Disney account when you bought them at the hotel?

I know it's a little different than in the past where you could buy tickets at each ticket booth separately and there isn't a reservation system or anything to even potentially link the tickets together.

But you are only buying 1 ticket for each park per day, not multiple tickets for the same park. 2 tickets for 2 different parks. That should be allowed ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter