How many days?

Psymonds

Mouseketeer
I'll preface this by saying I understand this is a deeply personal decision, and probably one that gets posted every month or two...

but...

We seem to come out from the west coast about every 15 years, so our kids will probably be bringing their kids next time we come back... how many days would you allow for experiencing the parks fully, not missing anything that's unique or must do. 2? 3? we are probably going to come at a moderately busy time when kids are not in school and probably not doing a water park day.

also of note, we have done USH and seen many of the crossover (duplicate) attractions and their Hogsmeade, so while we are big HP folks, we might not need as much time there.

Interestingly.
It's only $40 more for a 4 day ticket than a 2 day ticket.
And a Seasonal AP is probably pretty close in price too. That opens up the APH rates, which can save quite a bit per night. So consider at least one just for the resort discount.

I usually recommend at least 3 full days, as there is a lot to do at UO. If you skip the duplicate rides, you couple drop a day. But the UO bubble is much better than UH, with the onsite resorts (especially the deluxe resorts). Considering how far you are coming for this trip, I'd still try to do at least 3. But if you are also going to DW, then 2 might be enough...

And a Seasonal AP is probably pretty close in price too. That opens up the APH rates, which can save quite a bit per night. So consider at least one just for the resort discount.

I usually recommend at least 3 full days, as there is a lot to do at UO. If you skip the duplicate rides, you couple drop a day. But the UO bubble is much better than UH, with the onsite resorts (especially the deluxe resorts). Considering how far you are coming for this trip, I'd still try to do at least 3. But if you are also going to DW, then 2 might be enough...

The oldest is more of a coaster enthusiast so I think he might be looking forward to UO more than DW.

I think we'll plan for 3 for now, check the dates on the passes given our travel times.

DW was thinking 2 days but I think she's clouded by our hollywood experience where we were really done after one full day.

It also depends on how you like to tour. Are you a rope-drop to close type of park goer? Or do you like to go early, take a pool break in the afternoon, and then go back for the evening? Also are you staying on-site or off? And finally, if staying on-site do you plan to stay at one of the deluxe resorts that come with free unlimited express passes?

I'd vote for 3 also, just so you don't feel rushed. It can get REALLY crowded in Diagon alley at times. We have gone around Mem day, and Thanksgiving week, busy! When we went for 3 1/2 days, we felt we could slow down a bit, enjoy the shows, treats, etc. We still haven't done the wand experiences, and hope to on our next trip, but those take time. We haven't experienced Hagrid's yet, but seems like that might take some time , IF/when you get a chance to do the line or VQ. We're carving out a bit of time to devote for hagrid's (and velocicoaster,) Happy planning!!! We hope to get out to California one of these days, and see what it's like!

DW was thinking 2 days but I think she's clouded by our hollywood experience where we were really done after one full day.
Yeah, I can see that. We went to UH for a day without EPs on a crowded summer day (before HP). Even though we did not get to do much, it didn't seem like there was a need to go to UO. But the girls were such HP fans that we decided to give it a try and fell in love. Between 2 parks worth of rides and shows, CityWalk restaurant, and the onsite resorts, the UO bubble is our favorite vacation (even ahead of DL). Even though we have a car, we almost never use it once we arrive. Staying at a deluxe resort makes it so relaxing, as you don't really need much planning with EPs...

I don't want to hijack the thread, but...

I'm doing the VIP experience our first day, so I expect to cover a lot of ground that day. Do y'all still say 3 days, or will 2 days be enough. FYI, my son is NOT a rollercoaster enthusiast.

Part of my answer would be nested in, is this a vacation? Like, you really need this vacation? If so, I'm for 4 days or 3 with VIP. This will give time to sit & enjoy eating; people watching; swimming; napping; rides & shows.

Part of my answer would be nested in, is this a vacation? Like, you really need this vacation? If so, I'm for 4 days or 3 with VIP. This will give time to sit & enjoy eating; people watching; swimming; napping; rides & shows.

DW was commenting on this after a day at our local boardwalk yesterday "if we have to do that for 10 days in the Florida heat I'm gonna die"

DW was commenting on this after a day at our local boardwalk yesterday "if we have to do that for 10 days in the Florida heat I'm gonna die"
I do 5 nights/6 days but could definitely do 10 or more. The key is to take a midday break and stay hydrated. There are plenty of inside attractions and stores, especially on the Universal side.

The weather is one reason we love going at Thanksgiving. My wife won't even consider going to Orlando from May-September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter