How many days

tink20

DIS Veteran
Is 5 days enough or should I do 6? If I do 6, then we will all have to go back to work and school the day after we get back (after an 8 hour drive, arriving home around 4 pm)

Which one would you do?

We always do six nights- six park days- the first isn't a full park day- we go for the evening after we get arrive for dinner and a few rides/ characters. We also have an 8 hour drive.
We always have a day in between getting home and going to work.... Disney is not a restful vacation and we are truly exhausted by the time we get home (we are park opening to fireworks type of people)

Really just depends on what you rather do.
Personally I'd do the 6 days since I'd be arriving home in the afternoon giving me ample time to unpack a bit, toss in some laundry, and I'd just order a pizza or something for dinner so I didn't have to worry about cooking or doing dishes.

I agree - 6 days.

I also agree with order a pizza and really relax when you arrive back home.

I'd prep everything for work and school before you leave for WDW.

I'm doing 5 days. On our checkout day, the 5th day, we are doing Disney Springs. So we won't be getting up till about an hour before checkout time. We'll grab breakfast in our room and head on over to Disney Springs for a couple of hours. We'll eat at one of the kosher restaurants and then I'll do the 6 hour drive home around 3 or 4. That puts us home around 9pm our time, gaining an hour back because we are in CST. It'll also be summer so no worries about school or work for son or myself! So I'd say 5 for you if it helps to have that 6th day back home to recover from your Disney vacation.

Even 6 days is not enough, but I'd definitely need a full day to "recover" after the trip so I'd do 5 days.

We would do 6. We drive for 2 days (about 16-18 hours total driving, depending on traffic and including pit stops)
We try to get home as early as possible the 2nd travel day, but the family is back to our regular routine the next day.
BUT...we LOVE Disney World and are major park people. We all think it's a good trade. If your family likes more chill time on vacation, then do 5 days and a rest day

I think it depends on how your family vacations. If you will be up early so you're hitting RD or at least close to that then 5 may work for your party. It doesn't really leave much down time but it sounds like you'll want that on the back end when you return.

My husband is really difficult to get moving in the morning - if we're heading for breakfast by 11a, it's a big win so I tend to book 9 days or more.

I'd do 5. We drive every trip and really need a day off before going back to work/school to recover from our vacation. :confused3:rotfl2:

If your Disney vacations are somewhat rare I would do six days. Surely with getting home by 4 p.m. you could unpack, get some takeout, and still get to bed early.

On our upcoming trip we'll have 6 full days on WDW property. Other times we've had only 5, though, and it was fine. This time we did adjust our travel dates though so that we would still have one full day home with no work/school. If going 5 days was the only way to ensure that full day buffer, then I'd go 5 days. It's tempting to try to push for as much time as possible, but as we were discussing when we planned our own trip, you never know when there might be a delay. You may think you'll be getting home by 4, but I think we've all had car rides that ran far longer than expected, and those tend to be extra stressful, too, so then you want that time to unwind even more. Or at least we would. :)

I hope you have a great time whichever you decide!

Thanks for all the input. We all want 6, but I’m trying to be the sensible one & do what’s best lol

We go once every other year, so we will definitely have another trip in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter