How many days with 7 y/o?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
We plan on a split WDW/UO stay in April or November of 2024 - DD will be 7. How many days at the park would be okay - two? It looks like the adventure park might have a lot more? I've only done the Studios park, and it was about 10 years ago, and got a bit sick (the simulator rides are too much). Should I expect to add more time if we go late November (for holiday events)?

We also want to have a hotel swim day and check out city walk, but I imagine that wouldn't take much time.

TIA.

How many days at the park would be okay - two? Should I expect to add more time if we go late November (for holiday events)?
November is better than April, as you can have breakfast with the Grinch (awesome experience), and it gets darker earlier as they have a night light show at Hogwarts Castle.

If your 7 year old is into extreme roller coasters, plan to spend 2 days there, otherwise just 1. You can see both parks in their entirety in 1 day if you just go on regular rides and not roller coasters.

1 day would be okay for rides only, but 2 days is probably better - especially if you want to do any of the shows, or if DD is a Harry Potter fan. Trying to fit in the rides, along with working around the Bourne Stunt Show, Horror Makeup, and Animal Actors show times would be pretty rough. Even worse if you need to allow for interactive wand time. 3 days can be good - especially if you want to plan a semi-rest day, and spend a half day in the park.

Right now tickets are “buy two get 3 free” - I don’t know if they cover your travel dates, but if they do, it’s a great deal, and provides lots of flexibility. If you don’t know if 2 days are good enough, you can always go for the third (or fourth) day for no extra cost. Or not - and not lose money on an unused ticket.

1 day would be okay for rides only, but 2 days is probably better - especially if you want to do any of the shows, or if DD is a Harry Potter fan. Trying to fit in the rides, along with working around the Bourne Stunt Show, Horror Makeup, and Animal Actors show times would be pretty rough. Even worse if you need to allow for interactive wand time. 3 days can be good - especially if you want to plan a semi-rest day, and spend a half day in the park.

Right now tickets are “buy two get 3 free” - I don’t know if they cover your travel dates, but if they do, it’s a great deal, and provides lots of flexibility. If you don’t know if 2 days are good enough, you can always go for the third (or fourth) day for no extra cost. Or not - and not lose money on an unused ticket.
Thanks for this. She doesn’t know HP but I think she’d it regardless. DH and I are big HP fans.

I think if we go in November we will lean to 2-3 days, as I think she might get more out of Xmas there than WDW (she loves the grinch). We were also just at Disneyland, which has so many similar rides to WDW, and skipped universal in California. If we go in April I’m think 2 days max.

I think it would depend a lot on the height/bravery of your 7 year old. But without knowing that, I would say 2 days is good to explore both parks.

Thanks for this. She doesn’t know HP but I think she’d it regardless. DH and I are big HP fans.

I think if we go in November we will lean to 2-3 days, as I think she might get more out of Xmas there than WDW (she loves the grinch). We were also just at Disneyland, which has so many similar rides to WDW, and skipped universal in California. If we go in April I’m think 2 days max.
My DD loves Universal Hollywood - mainly because of the Minions. But besides the Secret Life of Pets ride, and now Super Nintendo World, UH really doesn’t compare to Universal Orlando at all. I’ve been going to UH for 40 years or so now, and while I do enjoy the visits, it’s really a 1-2x per year park. I would go to UO all the time if it were closer.

2 days is good. Unless you get an express pass, or are visiting during a school day, you’ll probably need to prioritize what you do though - you can do most everything in 2 days, but it would be hectic, and no re-rides. We prefer to take it easier and there’s always something that needs to be ridden twice.. or three times.

I’d say stay for the 3 days if you can.
You can do the parks for part of the day and use the pools the other part of the day.

No need to rush through things, especially the HP areas.

If you are a HP fan, there is lots to soak in. All the stores have so much to look at (not just the merch, but the decor- always make sure to look up. Lots to look at towards the ceilings).

And spell casting in the HP areas can take up a chunk of time. So can watching the shows there.

If staying onsite, it’s so easy to split the days with parks and pools. And 7 year olds love them some pool time. Don’t forget you can pool hop at UO!

We mostly have split stays with WDW and UO. It’s not the most economical way to go but we love it!

I’d say stay for the 3 days if you can.
You can do the parks for part of the day and use the pools the other part of the day.

No need to rush through things, especially the HP areas.

If you are a HP fan, there is lots to soak in. All the stores have so much to look at (not just the merch, but the decor- always make sure to look up. Lots to look at towards the ceilings).

And spell casting in the HP areas can take up a chunk of time. So can watching the shows there.

If staying onsite, it’s so easy to split the days with parks and pools. And 7 year olds love them some pool time. Don’t forget you can pool hop at UO!

We mostly have split stays with WDW and UO. It’s not the most economical way to go but we love it!

Yes, adding it up it isn't economical. I calculated a trip to Europe would be cheaper (but we've always spent less on Euro trips than WDW, even with just 2 of us). It makes more sense for us to go to WDW with an active kid though. She made the flight to California okay (from Toronto), but anything beyond would be tough.

I checked the flights and it looks like even if we stayed 2 nights we could get one full day and 2 half days (assuming we transfer to WDW later in the afternoon). At this point we are leaning toward November - as our DD hasn't seen WDW with all the xmas stuff, and I want to do that when she is still young.

Yes, adding it up it isn't economical. I calculated a trip to Europe would be cheaper (but we've always spent less on Euro trips than WDW, even with just 2 of us). It makes more sense for us to go to WDW with an active kid though. She made the flight to California okay (from Toronto), but anything beyond would be tough.

I checked the flights and it looks like even if we stayed 2 nights we could get one full day and 2 half days (assuming we transfer to WDW later in the afternoon). At this point we are leaning toward November - as our DD hasn't seen WDW with all the xmas stuff, and I want to do that when she is still young.

That’s such a fun magical age.
She’s a lucky girl to get to go to both parks!

Seems like one full and two half days will work out just fine! And your full day can actually be a part park/part pool day if that’s what she wants to do.

We’ve never been during the Christmas season, but the Grinchmas stuff looks fun.

Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter