How Many Days Should I Do at Each Park for 10 Days?

What is your favorite Disney World Rollercoaster?

• Total voters
Our next trip is for 10 park days at WDW and it's our first time without hoppers. We are also doing two park days at Universal (with hoppers). We will be there late Nov - early Dec 2018. This is what we are doing:
- 1 day at HS
- 2 days at AK
- 3 days at EP
- 4 days at MK

When we did 10 days - MK definitely gets at least 4 days - we have Annual Passes so we end going to MK more than that - because we go at night after other parks if it is open late. I will say when we went to Disney World this summer I thought we would need 2 days at HS and it wasn't the case. We made a FP for SDD and then was able to get a FP for TSM as a 4th FP - and we did the Alien ride by stand-by. We ended up cancelling our second day at HS. Depending on when you are going - you might not need 2 days at HS. We do enjoy AK so we did do that 2 days.
So I would say MK=4, AK=2, EPCOT=3, HS=1.
One other thing - I am not sure how many is in your party - but sometimes park hoppers are not necessary, depending on the size and age of your family especially with 10 days. Park Hoppers are $75 a person on a 10 day ticket - if there are 4 people in your family that is $300.

I hope that helps. Have fun!

When we did 10 days - MK definitely gets at least 4 days - we have Annual Passes so we end going to MK more than that - because we go at night after other parks if it is open late. I will say when we went to Disney World this summer I thought we would need 2 days at HS and it wasn't the case. We made a FP for SDD and then was able to get a FP for TSM as a 4th FP - and we did the Alien ride by stand-by. We ended up cancelling our second day at HS. Depending on when you are going - you might not need 2 days at HS. We do enjoy AK so we did do that 2 days.
So I would say MK=4, AK=2, EPCOT=3, HS=1.
One other thing - I am not sure how many is in your party - but sometimes park hoppers are not necessary, depending on the size and age of your family especially with 10 days. Park Hoppers are $75 a person on a 10 day ticket - if there are 4 people in your family that is $300.

I hope that helps. Have fun!
It certainly did help! Thanks!

That only makes sense if you can justify the extra $359.63 during your trip if you aren't going again within the year. It could work if you get it before you book your room and are able to get and AP discount on your room. Otherwise, that is a lot of food and souvenirs. The memory maker is only $169.
This was the math I did last time we’re considering AP. 10 days hopper ticket is $520, AP is $849, bring me to $329 in difference. Minus MM $169, only $160 extra. AP can get 10% off on some restaurants and most of the retailers. Giving the fact we are going to spend 10 days at the park, we only need to spend $160/day on meal and Merchandise to break even. Or if we want to stay offsite, we will need to pay at least $20/day for parking, which AP will take care of that too.
What we actually did was purchased 1 AP to take advantage, all other family members just got one park/day tickets. We actually got discounts on room too, we just showed the AP at the check in time. You don’t need to be AP holder by the time you book hotel though

Last edited:
Two to four days at a single park, I'm always surprised when I hear that.
Why are you surprised? It doesn't surprise me. I am going after Thanksgiving and I am doing multiple days in multiple parks. If I didn't I wouldn't get to do everything I want to. There are more than rides at the parks. There are shows, meet and greets and other things to do. I am going at Christmas time so there is the added shows at Epcot which makes it harder to do in less than 2-3 days. Some people just like to ride the rides multiple times and in tiered parks sometimes you need extra days to get FP's for tier one rides. It also depends on how crowded the parks are how much you can get done in one day. So I really don't understand your confusion.

Just had a thought,

If I were to get 10 day tickets, how many days would you say I should be in each park? (I would not get Hoppers).
I would do one day at DHS, 2 days at AK and Epcot and then all the rest at
Just had a thought,

If I were to get 10 day tickets, how many days would you say I should be in each park? (I would not get Hoppers).
I would do one day at Hollywood Studios, 2 days at Animal Kingdom and Epcot and all the rest at Magic Kingdom. I would also like a resort day so I guess it would depend on how many days you are in the world

Without hoppers, spending 3 days at Epcot is throwing away some FPs. Yeah, the park has 3 nice tier 1 selections, but the tier 2 lineup is horrid.

We always get hoppers, in part so we can spend more time in Epcot without wasting FPs for attractions that don't need them.

Without hoppers, I would plan 3 MK, 2 AK, 2 HS, 2 Epcot, and then an extra day in whichever park is your favorite.

This was the math I did last time we’re considering AP. 10 days hopper ticket is $520, AP is $849, bring me to $329 in difference. Minus MM $169, only $160 extra. AP can get 10% off on some restaurants and most of the retailers. Giving the fact we are going to spend 10 days at the park, we only need to spend $160/day on meal and Merchandise to break even. What we actually did was purchased 1 AP to take advantage, all other family members just got one park/day tickets. We actually got discounts on room too, we just showed the AP at the check in time. You don’t need to be AP holder by the time you book hotel though
I never said it couldn't work. I just said it was a lot of money to have to spend to make up the difference in price. I'm sorry but I did make a mistake in my math. The current difference between a 10 day park hopper and AP is $348.98. Minus the current memory maker which is $169 if bought ahead. That is $179.98. The OP did not say how many people were going. I was just making the observation that $180 is a lot of money to make up. You'd have to spend $1800 in food and souvenirs to break even. As far as the room discount you are very lucky. I have never heard of anyone getting an AP discount on a room at check in. Currently these discounts are only available at certain times on certain rooms like any other room discount. They are not like the percent off discounts for food and merchandise.

I never said it couldn't work. I just said it was a lot of money to have to spend to make up the difference in price. I'm sorry but I did make a mistake in my math. The current difference between a 10 day park hopper and AP is $348.98. Minus the current memory maker which is $169 if bought ahead. That is $179.98. The OP did not say how many people were going. I was just making the observation that $180 is a lot of money to make up. You'd have to spend $1800 in food and souvenirs to break even. As far as the room discount you are very lucky. I have never heard of anyone getting an AP discount on a room at check in. Currently these discounts are only available at certain times on certain rooms like any other room discount. They are not like the percent off discounts for food and merchandise.
No sweat, we both just want to give suggestions here. You have a good point, AP only make sense to a large party. We had 6 people in our party, That’s why I thought it would be easily spend $180/day if eat in the park most of time. Again, to decide if AP works for you, you have to do the math.

10 days... I would do:

3 days MK
3 days DAK
2 days EPCOT
2 days DHS

I could also see doing 4 days at MK and 2 days at each of the other parks.

And for sure I would get hoppers. I like to do 2 parks a day (usually with a mid day break).

Are you planning any rest days at all to go to Disney Springs or one of the water parks? I would do 3 MK, 3 Epcot, 2 AK (my favorite park) and 2 for HS to see the fireworks and Fantasmic. We are really looking forward to doing the Void Star Wars at DS.

We just recently got back from 10 days in the parks. My youngest is 14 now, so TSL really didn't hold a lot of appeal for us, and the rest of DHS honestly isn't that big of a draw. We spent two days in AK, and then 4 days in Epcot, and 4 in MK.

Against the grain here:
I'd do 2 MK, 3 EP, 3 AK, 2 HS. The only reason I'd do 2 at HS would be if you want to catch each of the nighttime shows, otherwise I'd knock it down to 1 and either go MK 3 or EP 4.

AK is a you don't know what you are going to get park-lots of entertainment, and you never know what you'll see on the animal trails.
EP has entertainment all over the World Showcase-to catch most of it, maybe consider a 4th day. The front of the park is a one and done deal.
HS is 1 day, only do 2 if you want to see both Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks.
MK can be done easily by turning right one day, turning left the other. With the parades and not a lot of spur of the moment entertainment like other parks, it's easier to plan.

We bought Park hoppers one time and simply did not use them enough to justify the cost... but we never stay more than a week... 10 days might just justify park hoppers. You could do 5 days, hitting each park once and MK twice... then you could park hop the final 5 days splitting up 2 parks a day... I would do MK most every day and hop to one of the other parks midday.. or vice versa. I have always wanted to go for 2 weeks but have never been able to squeeze it in. When the kids were younger, we didn't have the funds and now that the kids are older, we can't find the time! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter