• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Many Days Should I Do at Each Park for 10 Days?

What is your favorite Disney World Rollercoaster?

• Total voters
We are doing 10 days but with park hoppers. Right now the plan has us doing MK 3, EP 3, HS 2, AK 2. Of course with the hoppers, we will be bouncing around. We are also starting with the first half of trip doing RD. Then we will shift to late night fun.
Oh ok! That is what I was thinking of doing. I would have just down 1 day at HS, but now with TSL I will probably do 2 days of that. Just between if I should spend 3 days at Epcot or AK, leaning towards Epcot though.

Oh ok! That is what I was thinking of doing. I would have just down 1 day at HS, but now with TSL I will probably do 2 days of that. Just between if I should spend 3 days at Epcot or AK, leaning towards Epcot though.

I would also consider doing just one day at HS. Even with the addition of Toystoryland, it’s still my least favourite park.

You do realize adding the hopper would cost you less than a hamburger/day/ticket... about $7 a day. I would add the hopper for flexibility. We often finish at MK regardless of our first park because MK hours are usually longer and later. Last 10 day visit we visited MK 8 times, Epcot 5 times, AK 4 times and HS just 2 times (before Toy Story opened).

We stay at WL though, making it easy to boat over to MK whenever we like. Fun to hit MK during fireworks while everybody is preoccupied with HEA, many rides are walk ons!

To your question... Without hoppers i would do MK 3 days, Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, and HS 2 day.

Just had a thought,

If I were to get 10 day tickets, how many days would you say I should be in each park? (I would not get Hoppers).
The best way to figure it out is to make a list of all the rides, shows and other activities you want to do in each park and then see what parks you have the most stuff in. Those are the ones you want to be at the longest. If you have a TP subscription you can then use the personalized touring plans to see how long it will take you to do everything you selected in a day. The other thing to consider is if there is anything special going on when you go to affect your days i.e. MNSSHP, MVMCP, EMM or DAH. It really is totally up to you which parks you need more days in. As you can see by the answers it is different for most people. I hope this helps.

You do realize adding the hopper would cost you less than a hamburger/day/ticket... about $7 a day. I would add the hopper for flexibility. We often finish at MK regardless of our first park because MK hours are usually longer and later. Last 10 day visit we visited MK 8 times, Epcot 5 times, AK 4 times and HS just 2 times (before Toy Story opened).

We stay at WL though, making it easy to boat over to MK whenever we like. Fun to hit MK during fireworks while everybody is preoccupied with HEA, many rides are walk ons!

To your question... Without hoppers i would do MK 3 days, Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, and HS 2 day.
I did not realize hoppers are that cheap! I will probably do that! If I wanted to leave my family for a bit or go to another park earlier before they wake up I could do that!

The best way to figure it out is to make a list of all the rides, shows and other activities you want to do in each park and then see what parks you have the most stuff in. Those are the ones you want to be at the longest. If you have a TP subscription you can then use the personalized touring plans to see how long it will take you to do everything you selected in a day. The other thing to consider is if there is anything special going on when you go to affect your days i.e. MNSSHP, MVMCP, EMM or DAH. It really is totally up to you which parks you need more days in. As you can see by the answers it is different for most people. I hope this helps.
That definitely does help! Thanks a lot!

Or even AP will make sense considering other benefits, Memory maker, discounts at retailers and restaurants, etc.
That only makes sense if you can justify the extra $359.63 during your trip if you aren't going again within the year. It could work if you get it before you book your room and are able to get and AP discount on your room. Otherwise, that is a lot of food and souvenirs. The memory maker is only $169.

I did not realize hoppers are that cheap! I will probably do that! If I wanted to leave my family for a bit or go to another park earlier before they wake up I could do that

Do understand hoppers are all or nothing purchases. You can't add it for specific days. It works out to $7/day if you add it to a 10 day ticket. You don't have to add it to everyone's ticket but you do have to purchase for the length of the ticket.

Why did you skip AK? And HOW did you go to HS for 3 days? :D

Actually, now that I think about it, we went 1 day at AK (to see Rivers of Light so we did the Tiffin's ROL dining package), 3 days at HS, 1 day at EPCOT (for F&G), and then 5 days at MK.

3 days at HS - we started late on at least one day as we were staying at BCV. We had lunch with an Imagineer at the Hollywood Brown Derby so I think we only got into HS an hour before to do our FP for TSMM. :)

At HS, we did TSMM, Fantasmic, SW fireworks (2x), BATB stage show (2x), TOT (each day), Star Tours (2x). Then we watched the Frozen show and a few other things. We just took a relaxing time around HS. Plus, it's been a few years since DLR so we wanted to ride TSMM quite a few times.

I had gotten the 6-days for the price of 3 (SW or Delta deal, I forgot) in 2016 for 2017. Which meant we couldn't upgrade til we got on property :P So, I had to pick and choose the FPs for the trip (I think I only did 2 days of FPs at MK, 3 at HS, and 1 at EPCOT....which is why we ended up doing the ROL dining package at Tiffin's for that show :D

We could have done the soft opening of Pandora, but that would have required park hoppers and since we were at the tail end of our trip when they were doing the soft-opening, it was a no-go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter