how many days in Anaheim?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
I am planning 12 day trip LA, Anaheim and San Diego. Would 4 nights, 5 days staying at Anaheim be too long?

I suspect in this group, most will say 'nope, not too long'! (I do too!)

I have other, less "Disney-enthusiastic" friends that a day or 2 is plenty.

I do enjoy many different parts of SoCal, but I love DLR a lot, so I always try to stay as long as possible.

There's almost as much to do in those 2 parks as there is to do in the 4 parks of WDW. The more time you have, the more of it you will get to experience.

No such thing as too long!! :P There's so much to see and do you'll easily be able to use up 5 days. We've been plenty of times and I still got a 5 day hopper for our next trip. Having some extra time will make it seemed less rushed and allow you to enjoy your days at a more relaxed pace. Enjoy your trip!!

There's almost as much to do in those 2 parks as there is to do in the 4 parks of WDW. The more time you have, the more of it you will get to experience.
It's interesting because a coworker of mine said she was disappointed in how small DLR is. She is warning me we won't like it & will be bored. We have 5 day hoppers, I have no doubt we will find plenty to do.

I think 4 or 5 is great. I, too, know people who can't imagine more than 2 days, but they aren't really "Disney" people, and they miss out on a lot of the details and small things that make Disneyland so great. Pace yourself, take in all the wonderful details, enjoy the shows, and the music, and the food in addition to the rides. I can't imagine you will find your stay too long!!

It's interesting because a coworker of mine said she was disappointed in how small DLR is. She is warning me we won't like it & will be bored. We have 5 day hoppers, I have no doubt we will find plenty to do.

Same here. I have 2 friends who both say you only need 1-2 days (compared with Disney World) but we booked 4 day park hoppers...With 4 days in LA beforehand. Can't wait.

On our first couple trips to DLR we stayed 2 or 3 days per annual visit. I always left frustrated. 5 still seems short to me for me to leave happy, but since that's as much of a ticket as they sell, I make do.

I think some who say a couple days is adequate get to visit the parks more often and can just do what they miss on their next visit. For a first visit, that definitely wouldn't be enough for me.

We've done 2 DL trips and had 4 park days each time. It was the perfect amount of time to enjoy all of the rides/shows/parades and to have some downtime at the hotel without feeling like we were missing out. For us, 4-5 day is perfect. 3 would not be enough.

On our first couple trips to DLR we stayed 2 or 3 days per annual visit. I always left frustrated. 5 still seems short to me for me to leave happy, but since that's as much of a ticket as they sell, I make do.

I'm with you, but I'm actually planning to buy an additional one day ticket to get the 6 days I want. The last time I went (in 2005) I bought an AP in order to get 6 days because back then it only cost $200 - I can't believe how much they've gone up since!

I'm with you, but I'm actually planning to buy an additional one day ticket to get the 6 days I want. The last time I went (in 2005) I bought an AP in order to get 6 days because back then it only cost $200 - I can't believe how much they've gone up since!

:faint:

We actually spaced our trips 11 months out in 2014 and 2015 and bought AP's. They were *cough cough* slightly more than $200 each. ;) But being able to spend a full week in the parks and take our time was really refreshing. Now that my daughter is in high school, we are taking shorter trips again. Dang school! :p

:faint:

We actually spaced our trips 11 months out in 2014 and 2015 and bought AP's. They were *cough cough* slightly more than $200 each. ;) But being able to spend a full week in the parks and take our time was really refreshing. Now that my daughter is in high school, we are taking shorter trips again. Dang school! :p

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw how much they are now! I have to say, I just recently read your trip report about your 2014 holiday trip, and I can't wait till mine! I've got a decent amount of Disney Visa reward dollars saved up and since I've never been to DL in December (I've done WDW three times), I plan to do some splurging - definitely the WOC dinner package and the holiday tour; maybe something else, I'll have to wait and see what's available.

I think we've gotten 3 or 4 day hoppers each time we've gone. After 3 days we are tired tho! Ideally I'd do 2 days, take a day to relax and go somewhere else, then another 2 days.

I hope you have an awesome time! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)

It really depends on how you like to tour. If you're the type that only cares about getting on all the rides, 2-3 days is probably ok for a first time visitor. If you really like to take in the details, and go at a more relaxed pace, 5 days is great. When we have APs we go for a week at a time. We like checking out the street entertainment, the shows and generally just taking in the Disney atmposphere.

The rule of thumb is to spend half as many days at DLR as you would at WDW. So 2 days at DLR would be like 4 days at WDW, 3 days at DLR would be like 6 days at WDW, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter