How Many Coupons Can I Use At Michaels?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
I have a Joann's coupon to save 50% off, but I also have a 40% off at Michaels. Can I use both coupons at Michaels on two different items?

you may have to actually buy one item and then come back in with your next coupon. maggie

ps: michael's here will take ac moore, joann's and total craft coupons

There's one elderly woman at our Mikes who will actually yell across the other registers to say "You've already used a coupon!" LOL The other cashiers just ignore her usually...depends on whether the manager is standing there I think.

When I've done it, I've taken my stuff to the car, come back in & gone to a different cashier....at least when I don't make DD come with me. ;)

our local AC Moore always just either rang it up seperately or made you go to another register, depending on the line behind you. Last wk they refused to let me use the second coupon and told me I couldn't leave and come back in again. I asked for the mgr, explained what had happened, he said their policy has always been 1 coupon per customer per day. I very nicely pointed out that if I had known their "new" policy, I would have had all my items rung up together and used the 50% off coupon on the $25 item. Instead, I had kept that back and used a 40% coupon on the rest of my items, which saved me less then $1. I had only seperated the items because that's what I'd been told to do for the last 6 1/2 yrs! At that pt he gave in and told the cashier to go ahead and use the 2nd coupon. No problem, from now on I take one of the kids with me and have them use the 2nd coupon for me.

When I've done it, I've taken my stuff to the car, come back in & gone to a different cashier....at least when I don't make DD come with me.

This is exactly what I do too, in ACMoore and Michaels.

The official policy will let you use 1 Michaels coupon and then you sign an exception log and you can use a compeditor's coupon in one transaction. Hopefully all stores are following the correct policy.

Mickey's old friend said:
The official policy will let you use 1 Michaels coupon and then you sign an exception log and you can use a compeditor's coupon in one transaction. Hopefully all stores are following the correct policy.

That is what they do at my Michaels. It is great! I don't have to run clear to the other side of town to Joann's to get what I need. I have even used the hobby lobby coupon there, though hl is close to home, too. :flower:

We went tonight, and I just told them I had two coupons to use, so I had two transactions. Mine were very small - I bought two quote stacks or whatever they are called, the verses on vellum. My friend who we made the trip for bought alphabets for her sizzix machine. So, her one coupon alone saved her $75. The other was just for a die.

Today this friend of mine spent over $250 on a sizzix machine and alphabets. All of them were 50% off. Oh, to have that money :)

My answer would have to be "none" - I've been in there two weeks running with coupons burning a hole in my pocket and not able to find anything I can't live with out that's not already on sale! BOOO

Just went tonight and they let me use a Joann's 50%, Joann's 40% and Michael's 40% in one transaction. All three were different coupons from different flyers. Then I went to Joanns and used two 50% off (one internet, one flyer) and a 40% off! Good night for savings and my total for the two stores only came to about $40! :cool1:

Our local Joanns has two clerks that will only let you use one coupon per transaction and I politely disagreed with them numerous times. Tonight the store manager rang me out and used all three of my coupons on one transaction so I asked him about it (and nasty me even pointed out the two clerks since they have been so rude to me in the past!) and he said he would make sure ALL the cashiers know the rules...you can use as many coupons as you want as long as the source is different (i.e I could have used mailing, internet, flyer, and competitor coupons in one transaction).

scraphappy92 said:
snip.........you can use as many coupons as you want as long as the source is different (i.e I could have used mailing, internet, flyer, and competitor coupons in one transaction).

Wow! Thanks for that! It's good to know. I just found out that my JoAnns has some employees that have been making up their own rules recently & had decided to stop shopping there. My most recent run-in involved purchasing a sale item - clearly pictured in their flyer for $1.99. However, it was also in a larger "category" that was on sale for 50% off. She insisted on charging me the higher price. :rolleyes: I'd already been wrangling with her over an "even" exchange so when she wouldn't budge, I just dropped it. It was awfully slow at the time & there were no other workers to be seen. I just left and went back later - and by then the item was on sale for $1.49 so they gave it to me for that price. ;)

I think it depends on how lienent your mike's is. Ours is different on different days/cashiers. Sometimes they will let you use multiple coupons, sometime they will take jo ann's coupons, sometimes they will give you the discount without a coupon, sometimes they have them at the counter, and sometimes not. I once was in line behind a lady that used 4 on one order, her mother didn't have any coupons and the cashier gave her the discount and then wouldn't give it to me without coupon even though I personally witnessed her doing it 2 minutes before. :mad: :mad: :mad: I even contacted thier home offices over these issues and never have gotten a satisfactory answer. So i'd give it a shot and if they don't let you do it, try another line or go out and comeback in if its really something you want to get the discount on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter