How many ADR’s is too many?

stephaniepotato

Earning My Ears
I have a full day planned at HS coming up (on a Sunday) with Genie+. Will be my wife and our two young kids (4 years and 9 months). The only rides we have to do, I plan to book with G+ (and ILL for Rise). We plan to get there at 8am when HS opens for early entry.

Currently, my reservations are:

8:50am Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine
(1pm leave via skyliner to AOA for lunch/nap and return by 4pm at the latest.)
4:25pm Dinner @ Sci-Fi Dine-In
9:15pm Drinks @ Oga’s

Is this too much? I’m thinking about cancelling the breakfast but it’s our only character meal scheduled. With the schedule I will have ~ 6 hours in the park for the day.

With kids the ages of yours, I'd cancel Oga's. Seating there is very limited - a few booths where they seat large groups, and the rest is standing bar tables i.e. nowhere for the 4 year old to sit, table too tall for them to see over, and my understanding is that you'll be holding the infant. OTOH, I think the 4 year old would enjoy H&V and probably Sci-Fi - where again, one of you will probably sit with the 4 year old and one will have the baby (the seating is in rows of 2, one row behind the other).

Our last two trips to HS, and granted the last one was in 2019, we waited a stupid long time for our table at H&V, when we were tired and hungry, despite having a reservation. Like 30 minutes minimum, with small kids. Same deal at Ohana and Tusker House, maybe folks just linger longer at buffets, I have no idea. Might not be as much of an issue for you since you would be going in the morning, but it could mess up whatever ILL and LL you have booked with Genie+, especially since you'll have to child swap at pretty much every ride in the park except for Toy Story Spin and Runaway Railway. You basically have to double the time you expect each ride to take. In my view, the Disney Junior characters at H&V breakfast aren't worth eating up all that time (no pun intended) unless your kids watch the shows and really love them.

Ogas isn’t as kid friendly and they’d definitely be wore out by then. I mean unless you had enough time for them to take a nap in between

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter