How long will the red rose tavern be at Disneyland?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
After reading a great trip report the Red Rose is definitely on our to do list. I went to google it and it looks like it's supposed to be temporary? We aren't going until the end of September will it still be there? If it's going away will the Grey stuff stick around when it goes back to its usual restaurant?

September is pretty soon, and with the popularity of those Rose tumblers I'd say the Taverne should last until then. Nothing official announced yet though.

Those tumblers would absolutely thrill my DD but I'm afraid to show her the pictures in case they run out. How far in advance would they announce if it was changing? Would it have to close or could they just switch it out overnight?

Those tumblers would absolutely thrill my DD but I'm afraid to show her the pictures in case they run out. How far in advance would they announce if it was changing? Would it have to close or could they just switch it out overnight?
They could just close it. They gave about a month's notice that the HSM overlay was ending. They only gave about 3-4 days notice that the overlay was starting, and VH was only closed for 2-3 days and there was a soft open, so it didn't take long to switch it over. You don't have to go to RRT to get the tumblers, they're all over the park now.

You don't have to worry about the tumblrs running out anytime soon. After the initial craze Disney went into overdrive getting new ones. Now there are full shelves in DLR, DTD, DCA (multiple stores). The ones in the stores have "Beauty on the Beast" written in gold on them; only at the tavern are there the plain cups.

The restaurant also popped up almost overnight. I don't think many people knew it was happening until it opened! But it's so popular, I'd think maybe until the end of the year at least?

I think the Red Rose Tavern itself looks really neat. Very well done. For what it's worth I thought the grey stuff was kind of gross. I ended up throwing it away after a few bites. My 2 year old wouldn't even eat it ha ha. But I know lots of people love it. I think it depends on how sweet you like your sweets. For me it was way too sweet and not much flavor, and the cookie under it was very blah. I didn't like the flavor. But again I do know lots of love it so definitely try it for yourself!

I think the Red Rose Tavern itself looks really neat. Very well done. For what it's worth I thought the grey stuff was kind of gross. I ended up throwing it away after a few bites. My 2 year old wouldn't even eat it ha ha. But I know lots of people love it. I think it depends on how sweet you like your sweets. For me it was way too sweet and not much flavor, and the cookie under it was very blah. I didn't like the flavor. But again I do know lots of love it so definitely try it for yourself!
Oh yeah, Grey Stuff at Red Rose Tavern was not good-basically just colored buttercream frosting. So if you like eating that straight, then you'll probably like it.

But, the Grey Stuff Twist from Maurice's Treats (on the other side of the castle near the Royal Theatre), that is awesome! Make sure to get the Grey Stuff dip sauce! Sort of a Oreo pudding which is great! And easy to share-if you're willing!

Oh yeah, Grey Stuff at Red Rose Tavern was not good-basically just colored buttercream frosting. So if you like eating that straight, then you'll probably like it.

But, the Grey Stuff Twist from Maurice's Treats (on the other side of the castle near the Royal Theatre), that is awesome! Make sure to get the Grey Stuff dip sauce! Sort of a Oreo pudding which is great! And easy to share-if you're willing!

So funny how different people like different things. I did like the grey stuff at the Red Rose Tavern and I did not like it with the twist. Lol.

So I guess it goes to show that you just have to try it for yourself to see.

The first month or so I went 3 times and the trey stuff was different every time. I even saw what looked like 2 totally different ones being served on side by side trays. The dip seemed the same as the frosting on the cake to me.

They even have the red rose cups at the Disney Store here in Oregon now for $13. I almost felt bad for the people who were paying $150 on ebay for them when they came out.

I hope it's still there in November when we go! I love Beauty and the Beast and I also love souvenir cups, lol.

I've been wondering about this too. We won't be visiting until October but there are 'no times available' starting Sept 10th.

In WDW, the grey stuff tasted like oreos - we all loved it.

I've been wondering about this too. We won't be visiting until October but there are 'no times available' starting Sept 10th.

In WDW, the grey stuff tasted like oreos - we all loved it.

Are there ever times available?

Times in this case referred to when the restaurant is open, not reservation times. Could have been clearer, sorry ;)

They even have the red rose cups at the Disney Store here in Oregon now for $13. I almost felt bad for the people who were paying $150 on ebay for them when they came out.

Okay, that is the best news! I had no idea--my local Disney Store closed, so clearly I need to make a trek into the city to see if that one does, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter