How long will Disney Reservations be down?

Thank goodness for DIS. I was just trying to make a one night reservation and was getting absolutely nowhere. I will try again in a day or two. Hopefully they will have thing running properly by then. I thought it was my computer for a while. Tried another computer and then came here.

Guess things have been working fine at the resorts? We haven't had folks posting about problems at least

Glad i'm not the only one wondering why all resorts are sold out for all dates that i have chosen. I'll just wait it out i guess...

I have tried 3 times today to book a bounce back. We stayed last night at AKL and are now home. The woman on the phone said they should honor it tomorrow if I try again then. I think I've spent most of my day on hold!

Have been trying for 3 days and still can't make a one day room only reservation. Chatted with a cast member this morning and he assured me it would be up and running by this afternoon (which it isn't). Ughhhh

The ADR's were working earlier...I was able to switch one of mine from Teppan Edo to Rose & Crown. I was just looking to switch another and now nothing is showing again.

I have tried 3 times today to book a bounce back. We stayed last night at AKL and are now home. The woman on the phone said they should honor it tomorrow if I try again then. I think I've spent most of my day on hold!

Ah so it is causing trouble in Disney as well. Glad they are going to honor it. I had an issue this past year with false information regarding bounce back and they never honored what I was told. Totally different situation..just still upsets me. Everyone is having that issue while there so I have no doubt they will honor your bounce back. Crazy that this issue continues!

So glad to see everyone's reply here! I kept trying today with no success...like someone else mentioned tried different computers, web browsers, etc.
A friend told me DVC was also telling her all reservations were sold out. She said to them, not a single room at a single resort the first two weeks of December? And they straight faced told her no and she should have booked sooner! I don't know how they couldn't say something about the reservation issues they are having. I told her not to worry though, seems it's connected to the reservation issue for us regular Disney bookers. :P

As a side note...every time I go to check out reservations it keeps making me enter the number of guests and child's age..normally that information is pre-populated for me when I am signed in. The entire booking system is messed up.

So glad to see everyone's reply here! I kept trying today with no success...like someone else mentioned tried different computers, web browsers, etc.
A friend told me DVC was also telling her all reservations were sold out. She said to them, not a single room at a single resort the first two weeks of December? And they straight faced told her no and she should have booked sooner! I don't know how they couldn't say something about the reservation issues they are having. I told her not to worry though, seems it's connected to the reservation issue for us regular Disney bookers. :P

Oh man that's the exact time we are planning our vacation! I would have had a heart attack if someone told me it was all sold out.

I hate to say this but I was playing with the RAT on the DVC site a couple of days ago, Friday I believe. I plugged in our dates of 11/29-12/8 and there was a day or to at SSR but no where else. We booked our room already several months ago but I was amazed. I plugged in different dates for next May and of course rooms were available so it was before the system went down.

I hate to say this but I was playing with the RAT on the DVC site a couple of days ago, Friday I believe. I plugged in our dates of 11/29-12/8 and there was a day or to at SSR but no where else. We booked our room already several months ago but I was amazed. I plugged in different dates for next May and of course rooms were available so it was before the system went down.
On Friday, the entire system was down for maintenance. So I wouldn't trust any results you got on that day. Still might be true, but I would wait until the system comes back up.

It was just odd that everything seemed normal to me since December was sold out and May was not...but I digress and see your point.

It was just odd that everything seemed normal to me since December was sold out and May was not...but I digress and see your point.

The first two weeks of December are the most popular time for DVC members to visit because of low point costs, nice weather, relatively low crowds in the parks and holiday decorations & parties. Being 6 months out, well within the 7-month window when members can book any DVC resort, I would not be at all surprised if all DVC resorts were indeed booked up for points reservations. Hope it's not true and you can book something!

Since it's taking so long it will be interesting to see what the system looks like when it's back up again. Either it's just taking longer than anticipated to complete the upgrade or, they've run into some major, unanticipated problems and are backing out all their changes. Hope it's the first situation or else it means we'll have to go through this again once all the code changes are tested again.

Well, I can now pull up rooms and prices. Everything I was looking at is higher than it was on Thursday. I am booking through the Chase portal and points are all higher there as well.

Well, I can now pull up rooms and prices. Everything I was looking at is higher than it was on Thursday. I am booking through the Chase portal and points are all higher there as well.
What promo are you looking for? I know the AP promo that was running was due to end/change on the 9th. Others may have too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter