How long to travel from Disneyland to LAX during rush hour?

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
11:30 am flight, would like to be there between 9 and 9:30 am. What time should we leave our hotel via uber?

Google Maps online has a great travel time estimator. Enter start, destination, click on Directions then there is an “arrive at” drop down that you can play with days and times. More accurate than random gusses

If weekday....honestly I’d give yourself two hours at that time. It sometimes takes me an hour to go 12 miles to my office in the morning. LA traffic is no joke!

Edited to add: if weekend you should get there in under an hour at that time.

I live just North of Disneyland and commute daily to near the airport. My drive is primarily on the 91 W and then surface streets (unless there's low traffic I'll avoid the 405 even in the HOV lane). I actually leave later than most but get there near to when you want to arrive (I nominally get to work between 8:30 and 9). My drive is maybe 5-10 minutes shorter than your drive. To get to work by 9 (I'm in the carpool lane as I'm assuming you'd be), I have to leave NLT 7:30. As long as you're in the car by 7:30, you'll be fine. If you're the nervous type, you can leave at 7:15. However, the caveat is that there is no major sigalert (incident). Check w/ Google Maps or Waze during your drive to make sure something severe didn't happen (although if something happens on your route less than 15 minutes before you get there, you're stuck).

I live just North of Disneyland and commute daily to near the airport. My drive is primarily on the 91 W and then surface streets (unless there's low traffic I'll avoid the 405 even in the HOV lane). I actually leave later than most but get there near to when you want to arrive (I nominally get to work between 8:30 and 9). My drive is maybe 5-10 minutes shorter than your drive. To get to work by 9 (I'm in the carpool lane as I'm assuming you'd be), I have to leave NLT 7:30. As long as you're in the car by 7:30, you'll be fine. If you're the nervous type, you can leave at 7:15. However, the caveat is that there is no major sigalert (incident). Check w/ Google Maps or Waze during your drive to make sure something severe didn't happen (although if something happens on your route less than 15 minutes before you get there, you're stuck).

Ooooh yes. Carpool lane is key! Makes big difference. I'm usually alone so I allow for 2 hours to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter