How long to plan for drinking around the world?

Lilly0704

Earning My Ears
I've been to epcot many times before, and I would estimate we spend around 3 hours there typically. I'm not a huge drinker, and have never drank around the world before but my friends want to this time. We will also be there during food and wine this year, so I'm extra lost as to how long we should spend there. We have park hoppers, but do I need to dedicate an entire day to it? Could we so hollywood studios for a couple hours then head over around lunch time? Any tips?

Well, you can’t park hop until 2:00 any day.

I don’t really have any advice for your plans at the park, though. We like the attractions and entertainment at Epcot, so we can spend a whole day there.

There are A LOT of drinks in Epcot and even more during food and wine. When I drink around the world I like to spread it out over the whole day or multiple days. If I have one day I’ll get a couple drinks around brunch/lunch time, a couple in the afternoon, then a couple more in the evening. If you are only planning on a few drinks each you could do it in an afternoon. I personally like to spend one if not two whole days in Epcot during food and wine since there’s just so much food to try and drinks to drink.

Well, you can’t park hop until 2:00 any day.

I don’t really have any advice for your plans at the park, though. We like the attractions and entertainment at Epcot, so we can spend a whole day there.
Oh shoot. I did know that and just forgot as I was posting this! Thanks for the reminder!

There are A LOT of drinks in Epcot and even more during food and wine. When I drink around the world I like to spread it out over the whole day or multiple days. If I have one day I’ll get a couple drinks around brunch/lunch time, a couple in the afternoon, then a couple more in the evening. If you are only planning on a few drinks each you could do it in an afternoon. I personally like to spend one if not two whole days in Epcot during food and wine since there’s just so much food to try and drinks to drink.
Hmm I guess I'll make that a whole day thing then. Sounds like it'll need to be for people to not die lol

In the past, we have done movies and attractions as we go through WS. It takes up the better part of 2-3 days for F&W. F&G is parts of 2 days in the past.
With less this year, I suspect we can do it in a day, but will space it over 2 days.

How many of you in your group? I'd do at least 1.5 days in Epcot. Remember to avoid the weekends because it gets quite crowded!
We did two F&W days last October and the weekday was so much better than the weekend. On the weekend the lines were ridiculous.

A 180 lb male will metabolize a 1.5 oz 80 proof shot in about an hour. If that person has 12 drinks in 6 hours he will throw up. If you weigh less or the drinks are stronger it will happen faster.

I advise you to spend more than one day on this. Are those friends or "friends"?

If you’ve got park hoppers, you could go to EPCOT everyday and get a drink and something to eat. Some days, do a ride or see one or two of the countries.

EPCOT is often a later-closing park; just allot a few hours at the end of each day. It will be cooler, too, without full midday sun.

Yes, you will lose time in transportation. But that’s a great way to rest your feet for a little while.

Cheers!

There are an awful lot of drinks to try. I think that you need to share some, plan in advance which ones you want to try or perhaps divide the ‘world’ into zones. Maybe do Europe one day and the next day choose the Far East etc., or choose one country from each continent. Also, try to remember ‘grape or grain, but never the Twain’ and stick to either wines or white spirits etc. Have fun.

IIRC. Last year at the 2020 F&W festival there were a total of 23 "Drink Around the World" stops. That includes all the countries represented and food booths and kiosks. Last years was also a "Taste of" F&W, so it had fewer booths and kiosks than a typical festival. Having said that, I would guess it would take most people at least 2 full days at EPCOT to pull that off.

When drinking around the world... please add some water, or sports drinks and food in between your adult beverages.. During F&W or really any festival, the heat and humidity come into play, plus all the walking... I'm a local and AP holder, we live in Winter Garden, which is just out the back gate off the 429, so we deal with the heat and humidity all the time... You really need to be watchful so you don't get dehydrated... During the summer when I am out running errands all day, or DH and I running errands on the weekend... we take a small cooler with water, and gatorade with us...

For us we go over several weekends to enjoy everything that the festival has to offer... We use Uber faithfully...

My husband and I did this for our anniversary. But we split most drinks or did samples/tastings and allocated the whole day. Had mimosa in France for breakfast. Split a Guinness at the Rose and Crown. Had margaritas in Mexico. In China we did a mixed drink. In Norway a Glacier shot. In Germany and Italy we split wine flights. I think we split a beer in America. In Japan sampled some sake. I think we did wine sampling in Morocco as well and then had a late dinner in Canada. We started at 10:30am and I think our dinner reservation was at 9:00pm. It was less than a drink an hour, because we often split drinks, and the mixed drinks can be pretty watered down. Honestly, it was pretty leisurely and we often had a snack with each drink and drank lots of water, too. Watched lots of the live acts. Enjoyed the movies in China and France. Shopped. It was lovely.

We drank around the world in September 2019. Spent the morning in Future World, then started in World Showcase with a lunch reservation at San Angel Inn at 12:00 pm and had a drink there. We then continued on with one drink each in each country and took time to explore the shops and do any attractions/shows. We had a dinner reservation at Teppan Edo in Japan around 6 pm, then finished up World Showcase with drinks in each remaining country just in time for Illuminations (RIP :sad1:) at 9!

So overall we spent about 9 hours in world showcase, including 2 table service restaurants and all shows/attractions.

How many of you in your group? I'd do at least 1.5 days in Epcot. Remember to avoid the weekends because it gets quite crowded!
There will be 6 of us. I'm planning at least another half day in epcot, for non drinking fun lol I'm just worried about the drinking part. It's out of my area of expertise

We drank around the world in September 2019. Spent the morning in Future World, then started in World Showcase with a lunch reservation at San Angel Inn at 12:00 pm and had a drink there. We then continued on with one drink each in each country and took time to explore the shops and do any attractions/shows. We had a dinner reservation at Teppan Edo in Japan around 6 pm, then finished up World Showcase with drinks in each remaining country just in time for Illuminations (RIP :sad1:) at 9!

So overall we spent about 9 hours in world showcase, including 2 table service restaurants and all shows/attractions.
This helps so much! Thank you

My husband and I did this for our anniversary. But we split most drinks or did samples/tastings and allocated the whole day. Had mimosa in France for breakfast. Split a Guinness at the Rose and Crown. Had margaritas in Mexico. In China we did a mixed drink. In Norway a Glacier shot. In Germany and Italy we split wine flights. I think we split a beer in America. In Japan sampled some sake. I think we did wine sampling in Morocco as well and then had a late dinner in Canada. We started at 10:30am and I think our dinner reservation was at 9:00pm. It was less than a drink an hour, because we often split drinks, and the mixed drinks can be pretty watered down. Honestly, it was pretty leisurely and we often had a snack with each drink and drank lots of water, too. Watched lots of the live acts. Enjoyed the movies in China and France. Shopped. It was lovely.

DH and I do this on our days when we just decide to head into the parks and check out whatever festival is going on. ...
So smart pacing yourselves. Really if you pace yourself you should be fine... If you are not a big drinker to begin with you might want to share something with someone else... or just pick out your must try's and stick to them.

Because we are locals and AP holders we love to just go and soak up the festivals, and get some interesting bites and drinks, and wander around. We too split alot of the offerings this way we can try more, Greedy aren't we!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter