• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long to get your passprt now?

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
How long does it take now to obtain a passport now if you bring it in person to a passport office and not mailed to Ottawa with the increased demand? The last time(5 years ago) I had my passport renewed it was ready in about a week. How long is the wait at the office to speak with an officer to check identification and start the application process. I plan to be using the office at the Scarbough Town Centre. I have a doctors appointment in mid April and will get him to sign the forms then. I will need my passport for my trip to Europe mid June. I am gving myself enough time?

CFTO News did a story on that particular office yesterday or Monday. They said that the lines were long (out the door and around a couple of corners long) and some people were getting to that particular office 90 minutes before it opened ... Maybe things will quiet down in a couple of weeks. As for passport processing time... I'm not really sure about that.

I heard that it is now about 4-6 weeks instead of 2 with long line ups. Maybe check the website for an update.

We just waited in a 1.5hr wait at the local passport office (on Monday) and were told we'd get it in 10 business days. I was shocked to hear we'd get it so quickly!

Right from the passport application:
Applying in person,our goal is to have the passport ready in 10 working days.

By mail,our goal is to have the passport in the mail 20 working days after receiving your application.

Ottawa is apparently over run with applications so it could take longer.

I work within a block of a passport processing office and when I went two weeks ago at 10:00 in the morning, the wait just to check documents was 1 hour and then at least another two hour wait to see a processing clerk. I just left and actually mailed mine in! I'll need it for a US trip at end of April, so figured I had time to wait...hopefully I"m right!

I just heard someone interviewed on the radio who was at the St. Catharine's passport office and said he was there because the wait was the shortest (1.5 hours). He claimed that the wait at the Scarborough office was 6 hours... Whether that's true or not... I guess if you're headed to the offices, you should be prepared to wait.

Maybe the passport offices should get a FP system :p

The wait to hand in your passport application in our local office is 5 hours this week. If you pay by credit card you can pickup your passports in 2 weeks (longer if you pay by debit or cheque?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter